Lake Michigan Credit Union Employee Reviews

Awesome management!
Community Relations Assistant (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MISeptember 26, 2018
Bosses truly cared about the company and your success. Everyone was always willing to help. The workload is relevant to the industry, and actually teaches you about PR and CR.
Teller (Current Employee) –  Lake Michigan, MIJuly 23, 2018
I worked as part time teller at LMCU. The schedule generally is T,TH,F or M,W,F with rotational Saturdays. The pay was good for the industry, and found that there were plenty of opportunities for advancement. They have a great culture and really care about their members. The management is very approachable and care about their employees.
Pros
Good incentives for reaching goals, quarterly bonuses, paid vacation and sick time for PT empoyees
Cons
no overtime opportunities
Amazing Culture
Member Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIMay 31, 2018
Lmcu has an amazing Culture that is promoted throughout the company. They pride themselves on advancing from within and teaching through experience. I love working for a company that goes after our member's needs and what will benefit them rather than trying to cram sales down their throats.
Pros
Amazing Culture, good communication, great district manager
Cons
New hires will make more than faithful employees who have been in the same field
Lmcu
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIApril 19, 2018
This is a fantastic place to work. I love the culture and management. Advancement options are pretty good and we love to grow within our company. The job market can be competitive, so it isn't a given that you will get a specific job simply because you've been training for it.
Fast-Paced
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIApril 15, 2018
Rated number one, and largest credit Union in Michigan with great products for customers of Michigan and Florida. LMCU has experienced extreme growth and is a fast-paced environment.
Truly Awesome Company
Teller II (Former Employee) –  Hudsonville, MIApril 6, 2018
I cannot recommend a better company to work for. I met the best people (members and co workers) there and I was sad when I had to relocate to another state. The work they do for the community as well as its employees is unprecedented. You will not be disappointed.
Pros
Great pay, great management, great community outreach.
good company
Facilities Technician (Former Employee) –  Lake Michigan, MIMarch 29, 2018
good company to work for. great management. they have clear goals. the reward hard work very well. great culture to be around. take the jjob if you can, lots of room for promotion.
Management was terrible
Teller (Former Employee) –  BranchJanuary 15, 2018
They are too subjective about what they deem professional enough, if you don't fit their valley girl mold then you won't advance in this company. They have no respect for those going to school, even though they knew that when they hired you. Management is terrible, that is the reason I quit.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Pretty much everything else
Good company
Mortgage Loan Control Specialist (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIDecember 20, 2017
Enjoyed working there mostly due to great people I met. Lmcu was a good company very competitve but could have done more for its employees. Overall, good place to work at.
On the decline
Head Teller (Former Employee) –  MichiganNovember 7, 2017
LMCU has changed drastically in the last 6mos. And I don’t believe for the better. Unless you work in the Grand Rapids area , there is no way to advance your career. New management that was brought in changed things, and lost sight of the LMCU culture that they so strongly preach. It’s a shame, really used to love it there until recently.
Pros
Reasonable working hours
Cons
Health benefits were nothing spectacular. No opportunity for career growth unless in GR
poor management
Head teller, Member Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Traverse CityOctober 5, 2017
new manager came in to clean house even thought the branch was meeting or exceeding goals and expectations. He wanted his people and his way. Surprised that LMCU allowed this but they did.
Loved the company until just this week
Loan specialist
Loan Specialist (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MISeptember 28, 2017
I really loved working at the credit union. Advancement was pretty guaranteed if you were willing to do the work and take initiative. Only reason i left was because my daughter was having medical issues and I wasn't able to do party time in my department.
Great Team Environment
Assistant Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MISeptember 10, 2017
LMCU has undergone some changes recently but have actively made every effort to have a smooth transition. I thought that the opportunity for advancement was fair as long as you were willing to put in the work. If you were a loyal employee the company was very loyal to you. They offer many "culture" based programs for employees to boost morale and promote a happy work environment. I did not find very many downsides to working with them.
Pros
Company Morale, employee benefits/incentives, great co workers
Cons
Rapid changes
Fun place to work
Facilities Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Lake Michigan, MISeptember 4, 2017
Everyone was nice and friendly to work with. Great environment to work in. Why am i having to write a review on a job i held years ago? this has wasted time.
Good Environment
Call Center Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Lake, MIAugust 8, 2017
LMCU is a good environment to work, have learned a lot of about everyday processes for banking and CU processes. Working at LMCU has helped me better my leadership qualities.
Great environment for learning new things
Mortgage Loan Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lake, MIApril 26, 2017
It was a good company to work for. Fast pace environment and my work always kept me busy. Atypical day would be working 8 am to 5 and sometimes taking work home. It was a very busy job.
Great Place to Work
Human Resources Intern (Former Employee) –  Lake, MIFebruary 27, 2017
This company allowed me to start my career on the right foot. With great management and leaders I was able to grow my passion for recruiting while gaining many skills I will need in my future.
Great Company to work for
Fraud Specialist (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIFebruary 8, 2017
LMCU is a great company to work for who care about their employees. Atmosphere is great, employees feel appreciated and they are always willing to help advance your knowledge.
Excellant Organization
Member Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJanuary 25, 2017
LMCU is an excellent organization. Some have commented that it is a difficult organization to advance. This is true if you do the bear minimum and do not exhibit any passion toward the member then you will find it very difficult to succeed. If you work had for the member, think creatively and uniquely while staying within legal, ethical, and organizational guidelines you can succeed and do well
Great members
Leasing Administrator (Former Employee) –  Lake, MIDecember 11, 2016
Lake Michigan Credit Union has become such a large company they seem to have forgotten about the employees. Some of the branch managers work right along with the bank employees when needed. The coworkers are great. It is nice to work with the members and get to know them. If you work in a branch the members come to trust you with their money and appreciate that you have taken the time to care.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lake Michigan Credit Union. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.6InHerSight Score

3.5Personal Development

4.2Career Opportunities

3.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight