Lake Region Healthcare Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Organization needs a wake up call
Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Fergus Falls, MNMay 21, 2018
A handful of directors and executive leadership lack professionalism and set a poor example for their front end employees. They may listen to opinions or concerns, but these are rarely communicated to superiors or acted upon. When employees look for support within internal resources (Directors, HR, CEO, Board of Directors) concerns are pushed aside and attention is focused on their own agendas. Lake Region Healthcare's vision is to be Minnesota's preeminent regional healthcare partner. This is an unattainable vision if leaders continue to focus on themselves rather than the greater good for the patients they are supposed to serve. Lake Region should reflect on the leadership team and identify if these individuals best represent the organization and it's mission. I would not recommend working for an organization who continues to promote and applaud leaders who refuse to contribute their best efforts toward a common vision to improve the health of the community.
Pros
Working with patients on a daily basis.
Cons
See review above
Official response from Lake Region Healthcare
June 26, 2018

Hello, I am very sorry that you have had a negative experience at our organization. If you would like to share your concerns in more detail, we would like to see how we can improve. Please reach out to Kim M. in HR at 218-736-8472 if you would like to talk about your concerns.

Loved my Job
LPN (Former Employee) –  Fergus Falls, MNMarch 21, 2018
Lake Region was a great place to work and made many friends and got along well with my co workers. we worked great together as a team and took care of all patients needs.
Awesome environment
Food Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Fergus Falls, MNOctober 24, 2017
I miss LRHC, nice co workers, good experience. I would suggest LRHC to friends. My daughter works there. Fullfilled to help others, to serve safe meals.
Pros
Friendly env
Cons
Food is good, spend too much
cooking
Cook (Current Employee) –  Fergus Falls, MNAugust 21, 2017
Love being able to interact with the Residents. They become like your own family.

Cook and serve meals. Cooking from scratch!!!

Lots of activities for the residents.
Overall Good
Billing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fergus Falls, MNMay 6, 2017
Most supervisors are helpful and easy to get a long with. There are always positions available within to apply for, but not necessarily considered advancing within the company. Overall good place to work.
Pros
Savings to businesses around town
Depends on who you are and how well you suck up to management.
CNA (Former Employee) –  NursingMay 2, 2017
The only good part of the job were the tenants. Loved them!! The director is a spineless person. A lot of the people with seniority are bullies and know they can get away with it. Activities leader scolded you and shamed you if you didn't meet up to her standards and she is a snob!
Pros
Tenants
Cons
Mick Siems
Official response from Lake Region Healthcare
May 30, 2017

We are very sorry you feel this way. We are always looking for ways to improve our organization for both our patients and our employees. If you would be willing to visit with me, I would like to learn more about your experience at Mill Street. Please call if you are willing!

Kim M.- Human Resources
218-736-8472

Good Company
Healthcare Access Representative (Current Employee) –  Battle Lake, MNFebruary 20, 2017
Good company to work for. Wonderful coworkers and patients. One drawback is having to put in a request for a day off 8 weeks in advance. That does make it hard to balance Dr. appointments, etc.
Very Friendly environment and good learning experience
Externship (Former Employee) –  Fergus Falls, MNDecember 5, 2016
I worked in many departments such as Internal medicine, surgery, family medicine, Registration, Phlebotomy, Autoclaving and laboratory. I learnt many skills from all departments such as Lab skills, patient teaching, surgical assisting, administering injections. I also worked in coding and billing department. The hardest part for me was wrapping instruments in autoclave department. The most enjoyable part was in Phlebotomy/Venipuncture. I worked on more than 100 patients and got succeeded 90%.
Great place to work!
Patient Registration Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fergus Falls, MNMay 11, 2016
A typical day at work would be answering phone calls and admitting patients to the emergency room or to physical therapy or even to the hospital.
Great location to work
Groundskeeper (Current Employee) –  Fergus Falls, MNOctober 31, 2015
The staff of Lake Region Hospital assists the patients and their families with different areas of concern and gets them back on the road to having a fun time.
Cultural and leadership shift to the negative
Director of Revenue (Former Employee) –  Fergus Falls, MNJune 11, 2015
Lake Region was a great culture and work environment where employees were proud to work there and be part of a team collaborative environment. Leadership changes have created job insecurity and increased turnover.
Remote Medical Coder
Medical Coder Analyst (Current Employee) –  Fergus Falls, MNMarch 3, 2015
Lake Region Hospital is a great company to work for and I get along with all management and coworkers. I really enjoy the flexibility of my position.
Educational, challenging
Physician Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Fergus Falls, MNJune 13, 2013
I learned much about administration duties as well as marketing on top of my nursing duties.

Met many great people and learned so much about the services available.
Great place to learn and work
Chief Human Resources Officer (Former Employee) –  Fergus Falls, MNApril 1, 2013
HR management position was titled as CHRO following title of HR Manager. Duties remained the same.
Vice President of Human Resources (Current Employee) –  Fergus Falls, MNApril 1, 2013
I love the challenge of working with management and employees to find the balance with various situations between the employee and employer. HR offers many challenges and is ever changing and is why it is a good fit for me.
An Average Healthcare Org with Some Above Average People
Performance Excellence IT Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fergus Falls, MNDecember 20, 2012
Lake Region is an organization that genuinely cares about its patients and is striving to remain independent in a rapidly-consolidating industry.

Management does not often involve non-management in decision making, creating a culture of frustration for highly-skilled individuals in non-management positions. Nevertheless, there are a small but significant number of highly dedicated employees committed to their work and the organization as a whole.

Unfortunately, its financial constraints make it difficult to advance or for the organization to offer highly competitive compensation or benefits. This is somewhat offset by the town of Fergus Falls itself, which is a very lovely small town worth living in.
Administration can't be trusted
Manager (Former Employee) –  Fergus Falls, MinnesotaSeptember 9, 2012
Since their merger with FFMG a couple of years ago, many incredibly talented and experienced employees have been terminated or run out of their jobs. Don't question administration. Employees are on egg shells and doctors are unhappy. Morale is in the gutter. Patient care is great, but that doesn't make it a great place to work.

It just isn't the same company it was 5 years ago.
Pros
great coworkers
Cons
watch your back
Consistant Work
Patient Financial Rep (Current Employee) –  Fergus Falls, MNAugust 31, 2012
I work 8-4:30 with a 30 minute lunch break. I run reports to show credits on patient acconts, do the office order, patient payments and insurance payments, moving of credits, and refunds.
Pros
consistant work
Cons
travel into town daily
A hospital that strives for the best patient care.
RN (Former Employee) –  BridgewayDecember 15, 2011
When a patient enters the Hospital they are not just a number. Patients are encouraged to participate in their plan of care. Patients and their families are cared for with compassion and dignity. Lake region healthcare is recognized for their positive performance in a national hospital ratings system that addresses the new challenges created by health-care reform.
Pros
health benefits, wellness program for staff, focuses on accountability, helpful and want staff to succeed, involved in the community.
Cons
documentation program needs improvement, needs more staff education opportunities.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lake Region Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.

Lake Region Healthcare Reviews by Location