Lake Region Medical Employee Reviews

Great Place to work!
Level 3 Operator (Former Employee) –  Trenton, GAApril 18, 2018
Loved every minute of my job here. Such a great place to work. Competent Management, process driven, great stability, great pay, great communication between employees and management.
Poor engineering, benefits and pay
Machine Operator I (Former Employee) –  Orchard Park, NYApril 16, 2018
To be honest, the engineers who work here should be fired due to their lack of effort and efficiency. There were many problems before I left, and all engineering was concerned with was production over quality. The team I worked with was great, the management are nice people, but over all the company merged and reduced our benefits, increased production, and did all that they could to reduce cost on our end, which was leading to more poor quality parts and more work for us. Most of the workers there are good at their job. Engineering and management should step up their game. They should also compensate their workers for the minimum wage increase. You can work at Burger King for $13.75 now, I started at Integer in 2017 at $13...it shows how much you are appreciated as a worker in a skilled labor field.
Pros
paid breaks and lunch, PTO and benefits (when hired)
Cons
healthcare is terrible since the merger with Greatbatch
awesome place to work
Long Puller (Former Employee) –  Trenton, GAApril 8, 2018
awesome place to work overall i really enjoyed my time working there and i wish i had never left in the first place.. i really wish i could get my job back ha
Rough place to work, but I learned a lot about QMS standards
Generalist (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMarch 30, 2018
The branch I worked for closed in 2004. The best summary I can give is that it was like management was playing a chess game against everyone else.

There often weren't enough chairs on the production lines to support the people required to be there for mandatory overtime. The folks on the floor would squabble with each other over needing items to do their jobs, and not notice for a while that the situation was created by management.

On the plus side, I learned about validation of ISO 13485-compliant workspaces, and was given PowerPoint training, both of which helped me in my next job somewhere else.
Pros
Place to learn things
Cons
awful place to work much of the time - bad culture
Work Environment
Facilities Administrator (Former Employee) –  Collegeville, PAMarch 14, 2018
I worked in a fast-paced environment in a large manufacturing plant. I enjoyed working in this environment. I respected my peers and have learned many skills that have given me the tools to move forward in my career.
short break
Director of Program Officer in Quality (Former Employee) –  minnesotaMarch 12, 2018
working with speed and accuracy
working in any department
great management
diverse culture workplace
staying for 3 hours overtime every day
working on your regular work days
Pros
meeting
Cons
health care
Good Place to Work
Director, Research and Development (Former Employee) –  Chaska, MNFebruary 5, 2018
I enjoyed my time there, but marketing management was timid in approaching new products and markets. All that has changed with the new management in place with Integer.
Relaxed atmosphere, steady pace
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Chaska, MNJanuary 26, 2018
Answered multiple-lines phone, greeted visitors. Processed incoming/outgoing mail. Various administrative projects for HR. Helped to coordinate special events.
Pros
Relaxed atmosphere. Able to wear jeans to work
Cons
Contract assignment. No vacation or benefits
A perfect working environment
ASSEMBLER (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn Park, MNDecember 20, 2017
A conducive work environment with friendly associate and bosses. fun environment, with flexible work schedule. A very clean environment. Products meet customers expection.
good
Medical Assembly (Current Employee) –  Chaska, MNDecember 10, 2017
i love to work at Lake Region because the company is good and the employees are caring. The company is more concerns about it's employees but especially it's products it produces.
good

Want to know more about Lake Region Medical?

Ask a question
The work is fine, and benefits are OK, however the management team is poor.
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Salem, VANovember 6, 2017
The work we do is good, and the people the work at Lake Region are good. Communication from management is very poor, and there are trust issues that go along with that.
Pros
The people you work with.
Cons
Management Team
Good Job
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Arvada, COOctober 10, 2017
It was a temp job. Would have stayed but place closed down. Fun and easy going 3rd shift. Great supervisor and team on 3rd shift. Hope everyone there got a new job.
very unstable
Associate (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn Park, MNOctober 9, 2017
machines are old, worn out, and most are not capable of meeting production goals. Paperwork is signed off on without any oversight. the culture is petty and childish. management usually manages their seat cushions pretty well.
Pros
everyone says hello
Cons
none one cares about their work
Significant culture change not going great
Manufacturing Engineer (Former Employee) –  Chaska, MNOctober 9, 2017
Was bought out not too long ago changing the company from privately held to a large corporation. While both can have their pros and cons, before the upper management cared about their workers and now the corporate overlords do not. all they care about is the revenue number at the end of the quarter. safety, quality, ergonomics, on-time delivery customer satisfaction, all take a back seat to the revenue number. and while there are still some good people trying to make things better, all too often they get walked out to reduce headcount. And headcount is determined by a formula based on revenue not the actual work that needs done, so they will be understaffed in perpetuity
Pros
good benefits package, lots of available overtime, decent to good pay
Cons
poor management culture, under staffed at all levels, sub par proceedures and training system
Good place.
Director, New Product Introduction (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNOctober 2, 2017
Good people. Good technologies .Involved/hands on managements.
Not investing enough in future. Different buildings/operations caused duplication & less efficient.
Good workplace that drives you to succeed
Machinist 4 (Current Employee) –  Orchard Park, NYSeptember 26, 2017
If you put in the effort you will be rewarded. A typical workday can be stressful.
there are many opportunities to learn several different aspects of the company and its operations if you are willing to take them.
Pros
Paid tuition, monthly lunch
Cons
Getting too big and loosing site of the workers.
Too Clicky
Customer Operations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Collegeville, PASeptember 18, 2017
Management needs to focus on employee production not employee relationships. More employee acknowledgement for a job well done. Didn't feel appreciated.
Pros
steady work
Cons
immature management
good pay, lack of leadership
Machinist (Former Employee) –  Salem, VASeptember 15, 2017
lack of training, buddy system, 3/ 12 hour workdays. Alot of overtime available. Fast paced, equipment doesn't work properly, machines keep breaking tools all the time
Pros
pay, benefits
Cons
no leadership
production enviroment
CNC Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Wheeling, ILAugust 27, 2017
I was under the agency and when my background came, they discharge me. It's my mistake not telling them upfront. The HR representative told me to come back after 12 months once my record cleared within the States of Illinois. I like the company and the work environment.
Assembly technician (Current Employee) –  Clean roomAugust 11, 2017
You get to learn different instruments that are used in the human body. Friendly work environment. Great place to see what you are capable of. I love it.