Lake Shore Behavioral Health Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
current employee
Nursing (Current Employee) –  Buffalo NYMay 2, 2018
This is the Best Place I have ever worked so far. Very organized clinic and very nice people to work with. the Program director is always available to help all employees. Very non judgmental environment and very divers when it comes to culture.
any misbehavior from any employee is not tolerated and will be addressed firmly by management. three of my co workers have been working with this clinic for more that 20 years. I just love this place
Clients are great, upper management out of touch and awful
Mental Health Counselor (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYFebruary 21, 2018
I worked for over five years at this company. Throughout that time, they became much bigger overall. This led to some serious disconnection between upper management and administration and the actual clinics. There also is a very real culture of harassment at this company. It genuinely seems like administration does not care about clients or treating clients and only about money. It is like factory work where you have quotas to see so many people in a day. There is also fraudulent billing and ethical concerns here so if you work here, be careful. If you are a client, challenge any billing with your insurance company.
Pros
Decent pay, good benefits
Cons
Management doesn't care about you
Fake company
Employee (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYAugust 17, 2017
whike the salary is competitive, I have never worked at a place that made me so eneasy while I was there. Management smile in your face and then stab you in the back. Worst working experience I've ever had
Pros
You're employed and making money
Cons
Everything else
fast paced competitive environment
Clinician II (Former Employee) –  Burlington, VTJune 15, 2017
Clients are the best part of this job. They are diverse ethnically and clinically. Great learning curve for starting clinicians but extremely stressful environment for all. High caseloads, high productivity demand from management, paperwork has become preposterous... putting needs of needs of clients second. High burn out rate.
Pros
Clients
Cons
Caseloads. Stressful. Management unsupportive
good place to work
Outreach and Volunteer Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYMay 31, 2017
This is a good place to work. This has been an enjoyable program to help establish. It is a very small team. At times it can be slightly disorganized but that is because it is a brand new program.
Good opportunity
Human Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYMay 19, 2017
Supportive management and staff. Great educational opportunity. Passionate about clients and meeting their needs. Always work to ensure client care is paramount.
Overall good place to work but need more RNs
RN Staff (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYMarch 30, 2017
Great company benefits but very stressful work environment. Greater medical support needed as clients are very high risk and present with dual diagnosis.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Long workdays, unable to take breaks due to high client demand and not enough medical staff.
I enjoyed working for Lake Shore.
Counselor (Former Employee) –  Irving, NYNovember 30, 2016
I enjoyed the every day routine of the job. I also enjoyed the emergency room duties. The staff were great to work with. The hours worked for my home life schedule as well.
Excellent organization to work for.
Family Specialist (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYNovember 20, 2016
I provide family and parenting support to women and children. I've learned patience and communication with Supervisors are key to be successful at this position. The management is top notch and very supportive. The hardest part of the position is the stress level that comes with it. The most enjoyable part of the job is to see growth and success for our clients.
best employer
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJanuary 13, 2016
this job was a job that everyone help and operated as a team. There was nothing better. i worked in the homeless services department. it was a life changing position. i answered question of homelessness and how to help out. found out information for housing specialist and outreach specialist.
Pros
hour lunches paid vacations sick pay and more benefits
Organized atmosphere with multiple personalities
Marketing and Development Intern (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYApril 8, 2015
I ride up the elevator to the third floor, enter my workspace and check with my supervisor on what tasks need to be done for the day. Management makes you feel like you are a part of something and constructive criticism is constructive. Interactions with other co-workers are usually pleasant talking about basic interests in life. The hardest part of the job is miscommunication. If everyone isn't on the same page, work doesn't get done correctly. The best part of working for Lake Shore is feeling like I am a part of something.
Pros
Nobody is breathing over my neck
Cons
I don't get paid. This is an internship.
Productive and Busy
File clerk (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYNovember 23, 2014
I learned and enjoy working with Lake shore, learning new things and meeting new people.