LAKELAND BANK Employee Reviews

Poor work environment
Office Staff Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oak Ridge, NJJuly 12, 2018
Departments are clicky. Management can't be trusted. 60 hrs of work in 40 since they won't pay overtime.

Very stressful environment.

nothing is ever good enough.
Pros
Cons
stress
nice co-workers, good management.
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, NJJune 24, 2018
Nice place to work at, I enjoy the management.We have a kitchen to eat in during lunch. Must have your cash box balanced and all closing procedures completed on time
Pros
friendly co-workers
Cons
half hour lunch
New learning
Commercial Loan Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bernardsville, NJJune 9, 2018
Lakeland Bank is a great place to work at. Equality at work, new learning each day. competitive environment with supportive seniors and management. Overall experience is excellent.
Not for career advancement..
Part time Teller (Former Employee) –  NJMay 30, 2018
The bank is not so much caring about the entry level employees or the low income customers for that matter. Too much work for too little salary and the upgrades and other essential things happening at higher levels are affecting more, rather than easing the employee life.

Might be good for someone who needs a place to work for and who is ok with the lesser salary. But if you are looking to grow, do not end up here.
Pros
Brand name
Cons
too much work and not much for part timers
Excellent Company
Assistant Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, NJMay 8, 2018
I have worked at Lakeland Bank for 9 years. I enjoy my job and overall the experience has been wonderful. The ability to learn and move up the corporate ladder is very obtainable.
A great place to work with a lot of great communication skills
Seasonal Clerk (Former Employee) –  Milton, NJMay 3, 2018
A typical day was deal with others in the workplace. It was a great place to talk to others and grow a culture within the bank for each other. Being able to learn about others and grow as an employee
Great bank to work for
Branch Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  North Haledon, NJApril 16, 2018
Had a great manager and staff. Did not want to leave, but had to due to personal circumstances. Relaxed and friendly atmosphere, though this varies by branch.
Pros
Loved the people and the customers.
Cons
Increasingly stressful sales demands (but this can be said for any retail job.)
ok
Eastern Region admin (Current Employee) –  Hackensack, NJApril 5, 2018
good company overall and great for families salary not so good bad hours low pay no overtime bad over all training and not enough training overall wish I had more
It was
Mail Room Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Oak Ridge, NJ 07438March 27, 2018
The kind of job, where you eventually either hated your annoying surroundings or actually welcomed them as family and cared deeply for them. It all varies on the job position you have !
poor management
Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  Branchville, NJMarch 9, 2018
I enjoyed working with most of my co workers, Management was not honest and very vindictive. My direct supervisor had very little concern for employees safety or welfare
benefits
Cons
poor managment
Working for Lakeland
PERSONAL BANKING CONSULTANT & TELLER (Former Employee) –  Oak Ridge, NJMarch 5, 2018
While I worked in the Branches, it was a fun environment if you worked with the right people, and had good management. One thing I can say about the Bank, however, is that they didn't know how to let go of the individuals who didn't do their job correctly, and were quick to let someone go for one mistake, who was otherwise flawless.
Thankfully, I was not one of those individuals. However, as I said, much of the time Management is poor with certain Branches/Departments, and the 'competitive' pay they rag on about is nothing to sneeze at or even all that competitive. I worked there for longer and did more work and had a higher position at one point than our brand new part time tellers, and both gentlemen were making far more than I was.
It's a good place to work, temporarily.
Pros
401k, Health Insurance, Paid Time off.
Cons
bad management, constant write-ups for no reason, inexcusable lack of communication
Company does not live up to its mission statement
Teller (Former Employee) –  Fredon, NJJanuary 13, 2018
-Good place to work if you're a suck-up to management.
-Job well done is not often appreciated. Some managers are really good, but a lot of them end up being catty women that form cliques, mainly on the management level.
-Tellers are expected to snoop on customer profiles for the advantage of the bank.
-HR is self-interested and they don't care about employees that are being bullied. Most of the time, they're clueless.
-Some of the low-level employees are great to work with.
-Sales referrals are too strict, and if you don't make goal, you don't get paid.
-Just watch for managers that try to skirt around bank policies and procedures. Know your stuff, because some managers will try to use everything you say against you.
Pros
Usually great coworkers
Cons
Not enough hours, pay is too low/not competitive, short breaks
Community centric financial institution
Branch Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Oak Ridge, NJDecember 24, 2017
Lakeland is a growing, community focused company. They offer the ability to grow with the company. The work is typical of retail financial companies with support from management
Over worked and under paid
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Teaneck, NJOctober 8, 2017
Work motto of the boss is: come in early, work late, work weekends and take work home if you have to. For the amount of work, the money was not good at all.
Pros
Mostly nice and friendly people to work with.
Cons
Too many chiefs (even those that were not bosses, acted like they were)
Great group of people to work with.
Vice President, Government Banking (Former Employee) –  Bernardsville, NJSeptember 6, 2017
Great group of people to work with! Management does not always use talent appropriately, but a great group of caring leaders and a great team of motivated people to work with.
Old ways, little advancement, poor pay
Corporate (Former Employee) –  Oak Ridge, NJAugust 17, 2017
Management has many issues. Honesty and integrity was in very short supply. They pretend to be a 'bank for the community', but not so. The customers have no clue what really goes on behind the scenes. More than once I was directly told the Bank is a 'business for profit'. Surely that is true, but they have made deals that have lost a tremendous amount of money, the customers' money. Bad management, bad decisions, they play favorites 'big time', both with staff and with customers. Learn one great lesson, do not trust any bank......
The headquarters
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Oak Ridge, NJJune 22, 2017
It's a total mess with cooperation from anyone. No one knows what they are doing. The pay and the advancement sucks and the people are prerecorded mindless drones with no personality working for the uncaring corporate devil. Souless employment
Pros
You get to leave for home
Cons
Not enough space here to list them all
A Family Company
Teller Manager (Former Employee) –  Pompton Plains, NJMay 9, 2017
The team really works as a team. I was in a small branch and it was nice that we could bounce ideas of each other and we were able to speak up with situations
Not good
Teller (Current Employee) –  Pompton Plains, NJFebruary 7, 2017
Management doesn't work with each other. Front end is nasty to cashiers and customers. You can't even go up the ladder without knowing someone. Not a good job to work at.
Cons
A family oriented place to work
Vice President/Assistant Director of Marketing (Current Employee) –  Oak Ridge, NJJuly 10, 2016
I have enjoyed my time at Lakeland Bank and have grown tremendously under the supervision of my management team. I have had the opportunity to spend time learning about strategic planning, media buying and vendor management.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at LAKELAND BANK. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.4InHerSight Score

3.2Personal Development

4.0Career Opportunities

3.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight