Lakeland College Employee Reviews

Wonderful place to work as a student worker
Financial Aid Office Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sheboygan, WIDecember 6, 2018
I was very fortunate to have this job while I was finishing my degree. This position was flexible. There really wasn't anything hard about the job and I enjoyed working with the other office staff. Management was really good to me professionally and personally.
Pros
Work and go to school
Fun
Spanish Tutor (Former Employee) –  Sheboygan, WIAugust 15, 2018
It was a fun experience working as a tutor while I was a student at Lakeland. I enjoyed being able to work between classes because it gave me something to do when I had free time and also because I was able to make some money.
good place to start working experience
Cosmetology Clerk (Former Employee) –  Mattoon, ILApril 19, 2018
great place to work I just wish I would been able to not get laid off and continued to be employed good hours friendly staff and working environment could of been better.
Pros
good experience
Cons
low pay
Lakeland college
Finance Intern (Former Employee) –  Elkhart Lake, WIApril 15, 2018
Lakeland college was a good place for an internship. I wouldnt recommend it to anyone else for a full time role. Nice work life balance and free lunches.
Enjoyed teaching at Lakeland Umiversity. I graduated from Lakeland with a Masters and Bachelors Degree
Part time Instructor (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee WIApril 8, 2018
I went to class, and taught students with excitement. My preparation for my classes was very much fun. The work place culture was very diverse, and engaging. The most enjoyable part of teaching at Lakeland University was my students success...
Pros
Loved it
Cons
It was only part time
Wonderful place of employment
New Student Orientation Leader (Former Employee) –  Kirtland, OHJanuary 12, 2018
Working with Lakeland was very exciting and well worth it. I was able to help people with questions and help them feel relaxed about starting school, I am glad I was given the opportunity to work with such amazing people.
Old school
Director of Information Technology (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, WIJanuary 5, 2018
Literally, this place is as old as the birds and the people that work there are too. The staff tends to graduate from this substandard college (thought they would look better changing it to University) and stay working at Lakeland because their degree doesn't get them much further.
staff like family, hard to advance in my position even with my education
Business College Professor (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, WIAugust 23, 2017
Nice area, good people. Don't personally know the higher administration. Hard to advance even with years of service. Students are loyal and most very personable.
Pros
Online and in house learning
Cons
could not get a full time postition be for leaving the area
free to implement curriculum

evaluations could be improved

friendly, competent adm

classrooms. av good

salary decent
Pros
freedom to use talents
Cons
blended online a way to learn rating C
Not a good place to work
Adjunct (Former Employee) –  Sheboygan, WISeptember 8, 2016
This institution possesses a business mentality that overlooks the wellbeing of students and their intellectual growth. Making a buck from students who cannot succeed in college becomes more important than being honest with them. Some professors who were tenured were let go, horribly backstabbed, in less-than-acceptable conditions. Most instructors are good people, but with very, very limited resources.
Pros
Academic personnel.
Cons
Administration/Management
College job
Building Manager (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, WISeptember 7, 2016
Worked only 10 hours/week.
For the job that I did and the amount of work it required it was easy to manage sports and school work at the same time.
Pros
In the sports building on campus
Productive and laid back workplace
Temporary Housekeeping Staff (Current Employee) –  Sheboygan, WIJune 18, 2016
The atmosphere here between coworkers is much like a family unity within each department. The hardest part of the job mostly is when camps come through and during summer clean, but otherwise it's pretty decent.
Pros
Great Atmosphere
Cons
Independent position with a respectable amount of responsability for a full time college student
Fitness Center Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sheboygan, WIMay 20, 2016
Working in the fitness center allowed me to be independent and also gave me the opportunity to work on schoolwork. Working at the fitness center, I developed better time management skills and prioritized. My coworkers and I kept in contact via email to discuss any changes in the schedule. I really enjoyed having the independence.
over all was ok
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Wehr CenterJanuary 19, 2016
I was in charge of cleaning the wehr athletic facility and locker rooms.I also scrubbed and mopped floors, dusted offices and class rooms. emptied out trash and some laundry . During summer months we cleaned dorm rooms from head to toe for the in coming freshman every year. I enjoyed working with my co-workers ,the hardest part tho was trying to fit everything into one day
Pros
Very nice people and students
Cons
rushing around to get every thing done
Work Study
Clerical / Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Mattoon, ILJanuary 15, 2016
Work study, was an wonderful opportunity, to work with some great and loving individuals. The typical day was to engage in tasks in which my boss asked of me ( excel worksheets, Coping document to flash drive, data entry). I learned how the typical day in the life of a office individual was. I really enjoyed the part of the job where I worked with computers, and the different programs. I liked where I was able to work with more than one individual, I had the opportunity to work with several departments and different tasks.
Pros
Worked around my school schedule
Cons
Was temporary job placement
Productive and fun workplace
Audio Technitian (Former Employee) –  Sheboygan, WISeptember 25, 2015
Adjust lights, sounds, and anything else in the theater that needed to be changed to meet the needs of the individuals performing. Also required to usher patrons to their seats, build sets for plays and other events, and video record events.
Excellent Atmosphere and flexible scheduling
Resident Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sheboygan, WISeptember 15, 2015
Lakeland College has given me the opportunity to work and make money to pay for school while attending school for time. They do a great job making work fun and this quality helps students with future worth ethic
Stressfull workplace but great people
Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Sheboygan, WIApril 21, 2015
From working at Lakeland I have been able to experience multiple types of jobs. I have worked with other great student employers as well as adult employers who taught me a great deal about the workplace. The hardest part of the job was being at work and not having the extra time to be with friends. The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting new people and always being able to learn new things.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
amount of hours
Overall Fun Environment
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, WIApril 12, 2015
A typical day at work consisted of assisting students/faculty and patrolling of the campus.
I enjoyed working with the other employees and the managers were always helpful in any way they could be.
Fun workplace with occasional harassment from customers
Dining service assistant (Current Employee) –  Sheboygan, WIMarch 25, 2015
Depending on the day, I either ran the register for the dining services at the college or did some accounting for food services. The students at the school could be rather crude and inappropriate which was the hardest part of the job for me. Occasionally I would be asked to work catering for events held at the school. I learned a lot of costumer service and problem solving skills.
Pros
Free meals while working

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lakeland College. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2

Ratings from women

1.4InHerSight Score

1.5Personal Development

1.3Career Opportunities

1.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight