Lakeland HealthCare Employee Reviews

Great place to work.
RN (Former Employee) –  Niles, MIJune 8, 2018
I enjoyed the team atmosphere and variety of challenges prrsented with working in a smaller hospital (for ecample we were required tp eork all areas in OB). Our Obstetrics team worked well together and our managment tactfully encouraged us to strive for our best while recognizing and rewarding jobs well done.
Enjoy working with my fellow floor CNAs and RNs
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Saint Joseph, MIMarch 16, 2018
Poor management and flexibility
Poor associate satisfaction
Poor communication among associates and management

My ideas were not heard for awhile until someone finally tried to help me and hear about the issues arising in this system
Great place
Tech (Former Employee) –  Saint Joseph, MIFebruary 21, 2018
Great place to work. The people were great to work with. Nice and clean facility where you can grow and learn. And is the main hospital in the near area
Overall a good company to work for
Physical Therapist Assistant (Former Employee) –  Niles, MIFebruary 2, 2018
As an employee you are treated pretty well.The most enjoyable part of working at Lakeland was my co-workers and patients I took care of. Some of the managers are great to work for.
Looks pretty on the outside, falling apart inside
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Saint Joseph, MIDecember 19, 2017
This organization does not care about employees or patients. TERRIBLE managers, terrible hiring practices. Compensation is meant to keep everyone in the middle range. There is ZERO benefit for trying hard or doing your job well. WHAT A JOKE.
Pros
$15 gift card to the gift shop once a year....
Cons
Management, Compensation, Care
poor place to work
QMA/Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Milford, INNovember 6, 2017
I would not recomend this place to anyone, The management there are not there for the Staff and most of all not there for the Residents. Resident care is not the main concern there .
ConnectCare Instructor
EPIC Credentialed Trainer (Former Employee) –  Saint Joseph, MISeptember 12, 2017
Fast-paced environment, team-work structure and professional training environment. Trainers were taught on work-in-progress software and poor curriculum format.
Pros
Challenging, adult learners
Cons
Work-in-progress software used for training
Terrible management
Patient Registrar (Former Employee) –  Saint Joseph, MISeptember 7, 2017
Manager could not complete tasks of employees she managed. Culture was always workers working against others. Too many tasks were given and not enough help or employees. Pay was low when compared to other employers for same job.
Regional multi-facility provider of skilled nursing services
VP/CHIEF FINANCIAL OFFICER (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ILAugust 9, 2017
Regional operator of 9 skilled nursing facilities. Key management positions held by highly experienced and motivated individuals. Difficult properties due to geographic locations and poor reimbursement.
Broad range of tasks, never get bored
Maintenance Mechanic 2 (Current Employee) –  Niles, MIJune 26, 2017
Working here is educational, we all have our strengths and help each other out. Laid back environment. Training available but not much advancement.
Care Management
Discharge Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Saint Joseph, MIMay 1, 2017
The case management team at Lakeland is well respected and carries out the hospital mission and values to do our best by all the community. Our management/leadership is always available to listen and helps through all needs. The hardest part of this job was counseling families through death of a loved one. The best thing about this job was that I loved getting to know and help the families with their needs.
Pros
Worked somewhere that having a heart was important
Cons
Dealing with the death of patients and counseling their loved ones
Very productive work team.
Behavior Health Technician (Current Employee) –  St. Joseph, MIApril 7, 2017
Working in Behavioral Med can be challenging at times but the Assistants and Nurses are available if help is needed. Security is also a phone call away.
Cardiac Rehabilitation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Niles, MIFebruary 18, 2017
Awesome people and rewarding career! I felt very accepted from day one. Everyone is so kind and caring and willing to help you succeed. Great place to work!
Management treats employees horrible
Medical Technologist (Current Employee) –  St. Joseph, MIApril 7, 2016
If you want to work in a place where people who don't do the work make crazy decisions and change the rules every other day, then this is the place for you. Your just a body to fill a position, forget about your home life.
Pros
I can pay my bill with my pay check
Cons
Horrible management, no respect
Good coworkers, terrible management
CT Technologist (Former Employee) –  Saint Joseph, MIMarch 27, 2016
Worked for the company for 10 years. The last time years were the worst. Management threatened that they could replace us at every meeting. The company forced cutbacks that resulted in an unsafe patient care environment. Salary was mediocre. No advancement in the company. Good place to gain experience, but not to stay for the duration of your career. They don't care about seniority or loyalty. Coworkers were great to work with.
Pros
Co workers
Cons
Salary, management, no room for advancement
A very nice workplace with a bunch of people that are friendly.
Food Menu Clerk/Food Host (Former Employee) –  Niles, MINovember 2, 2015
Work daily was very nice it was a good use of communication and I liked the supervisors way of telling us how too do things better. I learned how too be nicer too people and too be faster more productive of a worker. The management was very nice and liked too help out by providing everything needed too work more efficiently. The co-workers were very nice and were easy too get along with and no problems ever happened between one another.The hardest part of the job was the understanding of what some of the elder patients wanted cause of their voice or murmured words. The most enjoyable part of the job was the interaction between the patients and I.
Pros
It was nice too help others, The nice co-workers were good for the work environment, the pay was nice and the job was easy.
Cons
The supervisors werent around for awhile, It took awhile for the healthcare too come through.
Poor patient/nurse ratios and salary
Nurse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Saint Joseph, MIOctober 17, 2015
Although I loved the nature of my job, it was hard to really enjoy each day when there were an unsafe number of patients to each nurse and nurse aid. The nurse assistants are very under compensated compared to other facilities in the surrounding areas.
Pros
Clean Environment
Cons
No time for Lunches or breaks. Patient/Nurse ratios. Salary
Good place to start your career
CT Technologist (Current Employee) –  Saint Joseph, MIJuly 23, 2015
Lakeland is a great place starting off your career but there is little room for advancements or promotions. They are, however, competitive in their pay.
Proceed with caution!
Sonographer (2 years ago) (Former Employee) –  St. Joseph and NilesApril 16, 2015
I would look for employment elsewhere. They don't like answering questions and will make you feel stupid for asking one. They do this not only to students, but also to new hires as well. I have witnessed both sides of it. I am extremely happy I sought out employment elsewhere as soon as I could.
Pros
Good patient volume
Cons
Poor management and employees bully new hires
Hard to say
Registration (Former Employee) –  St JosephFebruary 8, 2015
Lakeland has some dedicated employees who work hard to give great patient care. It's hard to advance in the organization. Management and the proper follow through on policy can seem unfair quite often. Mainly because it is unfair. You'll probably end up relocating within a couple years in all honesty. It's a great start ti gain experience in the medical work field.
Pros
educational opportunities, location
Cons
lack accountability