Lakeland Regional Health Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Na
RN (Current Employee) –  Lakeland, FLJuly 2, 2018
Excellent company to work for. I have enjoyed the past 14 years every one is treated equally when it comes to annual compensation. LRH is an excellent place to grow.
great
Unit Support Staff/Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lakeland, FLJune 28, 2018
fun workplace caring environment great leadership and outstanding team work. flexible scheduling, yearly bonuses working there I feel like family and that I make a difference at the job
Pros
cool people
Cons
no raises
Awesome place to work
Transporter (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLJune 19, 2018
The staff I worked with were great and cared a lot about personal life and frequently asked how you were doing. Very helpful and encouraging atmosphere
Lrh
RN (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLMay 30, 2018
Great place to work. Good benefits. Tuition reimbursement. LRH culture is compassion and caring. Patients come first. Opportunities for growth and advancement.
Workplace
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLMay 27, 2018
Pros:
-good work/personal life balance
-good scheduling
-promotes workplace culture and extends to public communities
-promotes better resources such as medication dispensary
-good EMR system

Cons:

-needs to work on patient nurse ratio
-always floating. Needs float pay for floor nurses.
-needs to allow and promote ACLS for other floors not just ICU.
-lack of management/ management support.
-lack of recognition for nursing and pca staff.
-security is lacking in garage and walking across the employee parking lots. (They are standing far from the sidewalk and just watches rather than help assist employees). Numerous times when others and I could have gotten hurt from cars not stopping.
-needs better pay
-needs lift team
-limited sick leave policy
Great Place to Work
Assistant Director, Patient Access Services (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLMay 7, 2018
Lakeland Regional Health provides many opportunities for growth and learning. The culture is patient and employee focused. Everyone works hard to serve the patients and the community.
Pros
Great place to work and help others - patients, families, visitors and team-mates
Cons
A non-profit which is consistently changing. Not necessarily a con.
challenging but stimulating
Manager (Current Employee) –  Lakeland, FLMay 6, 2018
- talented physicians and clinical support staff
- supporting community that values care
- reasonable degree of autonomy
- working to nail down a strategy in a challenging operational environment
Fast paced, friendly environment
Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLApril 26, 2018
I worked for one of the ambulatory clinics for Lakeland Regional which was a fast paced friendly environment that allowed you to accumulate experience in all aspects of the health field because there was no limitation to the conditions that walked in the clinic daily. The patients that were seen were aged 1 yrs - 100 yrs old.
Fun place to work
QA Trainer/Biller (Former Employee) –  Saint Joseph, MIApril 19, 2018
Nice place to work but, they did not always supply the necessary training to be efficient at your job. Management not always upfront and truthful regarding changes.
Pros
Good benefits and nice work environment
Cons
Lack of honesty
Huge place to work for
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLApril 19, 2018
Very huge hospital. Only thing about this place is the housekeeping manager is very unprofessional. I wouldn't recommend working there. But its a door opener for some people who are just trying to get into Lakeland regional.
Loved what i have become
Patient Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lakeland, FLApril 17, 2018
i love working at lakeland regional i just didn't like how i was being replaced or layed off if you were over staffed i have shouldn't have gotten hired ony for 3 months.
Poor example for a hospital
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  KitchenApril 7, 2018
Poor management. Human Resources needs to get their act together. Look else where not organized at all take advantage of people. Showed you once how to do something then you are on your own. Fast pace you keep up or else.
Very fast paced
Cpht pharmacy technician (Current Employee) –  Lakeland, FLApril 5, 2018
Very fasted paced cross training if you want to learn more comfortable there are many area to learn in the pharmacy and to learn more with iv room and chemo
fun productive work enviroment
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Saint Joseph, MIApril 5, 2018
starting off a normal morning i would stock my cooler and get my station ready for breakfast make the coffie and stock several trays with cream sugar and tea bags then assist the cook on duty with anything they need done for that meal
Pros
morning shift done by 1:30pm
Cons
end of life care deeply depressing
Productive work place
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLApril 5, 2018
Always working on putting the patient and their families first. Setting new goals and expanding the business to reach out and be there for the community as much as possible.
Pros
Discounts on local entertainment, great benefits
Cons
Overworked for the wage amount
Good place to work at great work environment
Evironmental Services Assistant (Current Employee) –  St. Joseph, MIApril 4, 2018
Great job to work at great benefits friendly staffs. They help with career advancement and opportunities. They put patients and their loved ones first.
Pro
Cons
Health insurance could be better
Transporter (Current Employee) –  Lakeland, FL 33805April 2, 2018
I have worked there for over a year, I am still currently working there, and I cant complain about my job. Everyone is very friendly, very attentive and very helpful. My superiors are ready to assist me anytime I need, they are trusting and friendly. This is a very independent work place, meaning you must be confident in your abilities and able to perform in a fast paced environment, the rewards and benefits are fantastic.
Hospital Security Officer
Security Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Lakeland, FLApril 1, 2018
A typical shift as a Security Officer is 12hours. There are stationary post, floor patrols and a mobile patrols. You will respond to patient rooms for calls for service. Pick up and secure patient valuables. Take lost property reports. Respond to the heli-pad for Air Ambulance arrivals. Issue visitor passes. Man a metal detector and x-ray machine at the Emergency Department entrance.
Pros
Friendly atmosphere
Cons
You do have to deal with Baker Act patients
poor management
staff RN (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLApril 1, 2018
I worked there for thirty two years and got good evaluations, then a new manager came in and all of a sudden I was no good. I found that with the new manager the staff started turning against each other
Very busy but supportive direct management
Registered Nurse, Post-Anesthesia Care Unit (Current Employee) –  Lakeland, FLMarch 30, 2018
I work in the PACU which is very busy with limited space. Good working environment. Good benefits and pay. I have only worked there for 5 months so my exposure is limited.
Pros
Good working enviornment
Cons
Lack of work space