Lakeland Regional Medical Center Employee Reviews

Great
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Saint Joseph, MI 49085April 22, 2018
I had a great boss, a great team of coworkers great doctors, the patients were awesome, no complaints. I enjoyed working there and the opportunities I had
productive place to work
Patient Account Representative III (Current Employee) –  Lakeland, FLApril 16, 2018
Good Co. to work with, we have the ability to learn more in the field. as a really busy fast- place. we have multiple culture and background that helps me familiarizer with patient.
Cons
low pay
Not a great place to work, but not the worst.
Staff RN (Current Employee) –  Lakeland, FLApril 3, 2018
Lots of managers, top tier executives that seem out of touch with day to day operations. Lots of employee dissatisfaction which ultimately leads to patient dissatisfaction.
Staff education is all computer based. I think live educators would be more effective.
Pros
Large hospital with many different departments to choose from.
Cons
Staff education is too rushed and ineffective. Required overtime.
Rn
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLMarch 19, 2018
This is a great emergency department to work in. I learned a great deal working with gifted physicians and nurses and loved my time there. Management is poor.
All ways growing
Purchasing Contract Specialist / Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLMarch 13, 2018
The CEO is really making a nice place to work.
Growing and a lot of opportunities
Pay time off is earned what you can learn and meet
such nice people
Pros
Opportunities
Cons
A very large place
Hims
Health Information Management Systems (Current Employee) –  Lakeland, FLMarch 3, 2018
My department is not a stressful job at all, thankfully. A typical work day involves analyzing the batches that are brought into the office. Making sure that any mistakes are not place into the wrong chart. Also, some department pick ups are priority so those are to be scanned in right away
Extremely stressfull, VERY high paced
Radiologic Technologist in Computed Tomography (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLFebruary 21, 2018
VERY fast paced, extremely busy. Busiest ER in the entire country. Excellent coworkers, able to wear matching T-Shirts instead of scrub tops. Everyone works well together.
The worst place i'v ever worked
SPD Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Lakeland, FLFebruary 20, 2018
some of the people are nice, but the management not good. . the moral of the employees is not good. I got my certification while employed there. I met a good fishing buddy.
Pros
pay more for certification
Cons
everything about that place
LRMC Review
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLFebruary 8, 2018
Working at LRMC was a wonderful experience! My coworkers were awesome, you have the opportunity to meet 4,000 employees, numerous jobs available to choose from.
Fast paced and stressful but I love what I do
Registered Nurse / Emergency Room (Current Employee) –  Lakeland, FLFebruary 3, 2018
Working in ther ER is not for everyone. It is faced paced and stressful. There are so many time deadlines to meet and searching for stuff sometimes is annoying, but that is mostly only during our busiest season. We are the busiest single site emergency room in the country, so you are running a lot. It does offer a great area for education and growth though.
Pros
You see a lot a learn a lot
Cons
They expect a lot from you in a short time frame
Patient Centered Culture
Registered Nurse - Emergency Department (Current Employee) –  Lakeland, FLJanuary 30, 2018
The hospital has a patient centered culture but they are willing to overwork and underpay their staff to achieve it. There are minimal opportunities for transfer within the facility and management is finance minded, not concerned with patient or staff safety
N/a
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Lakeland, FLJanuary 27, 2018
The company is like family. You get to meet new people everyday. It’s a very different place to work. Nothing good or bad to say.Every opportunity is a learning experience.
Pros
An amazing work environment and opportunities
Cons
N/a
Enjoyment
Patient Transport (Former Employee) –  Saint Joseph, MIJanuary 24, 2018
Such a great experience.

I was the one to go out of my way and purchase fruit for the whole facility for I loved my job so much there. I had great co-workers and everything was a very nice operation.

I went to Western Michigan University, but if there was a way for me to work that job again, I would take it.
no comment
Insurance Follow Up Specialist (Current Employee) –  Lakeland, FLJanuary 14, 2018
This was a very different place to work. I have nothing good or bad to say about the employer. Every opportunity is a learning experience whether good or bad.
Great starting place
Staff RN ICU (Former Employee) –  Niles, MIJanuary 13, 2018
It was a great place to start my career as a new nurse. It was a small hospital and we did not keep the trauma or severely critically ill patients- they were transferred to a larger facility.
It was a great place to work
Sterile Processing Manager (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLJanuary 12, 2018
I found that the hospital was very engaged with staff and community. The work was fast paced. The leadership was good.
Great workplace culture.
Great hours
enjoyable
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLJanuary 8, 2018
I enjoy working they because you got to meet a lot of people in was in and out the hospital visiting family members I love serving the customers there food and cashing them out
productive and fulfilling work place.
Patient Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLDecember 27, 2017
I loved working there, I enjoyed my job everyday, and it was very fulfilling. I enjoyed working closely with the patients, nurses, other PCAs, the families, and physical therapist to better the experience at Lakeland Regional. However the pay was not competitive to the nature of the work.
Cons
not competitive pay
Lrmc
Cardiac Monitor Technician (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLDecember 27, 2017
LRMC is a great place to work. They have excellent benefits. The only problem that I had was the manager for my department. She wasn't really fair when dealing with time off. Other than that I have no complaint. It was a great place to work.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
manager
Critical Care Nurse (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLDecember 19, 2017
I worked in the MICU and had a great team of nurses and doctors that we worked closely with. A lot of autonomy. A very busy unit with high acuity and challenging at times, but loved it. Hated to leave but was moving.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lakeland Regional Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Lakeland Regional Medical Center Reviews by Location