Lakeshore Community Health Care

Working at Lakeshore Community Health Care: 14 Reviews

United States14 reviews

Great Benefits!

The benefits are great, easy to use and earn PTO, good teamwork, flexible hours, supportive leaders, etc. I feel very supported in my role and by my supervisor which is great.

Fulfilling work with opportunity for career growth

Lakeshore's mission is one any person can get behind. We serve the underserved and extend a helping hand to those who feel like they have been turned away everywhere else. Knowing that I am helping my community in many different ways makes my workdays feel meaningful. Everyone who works here is more than happy to help their fellow co worker even if it is out of their way or not in the scope of their primary responsibilities. Working for an integrated healthcare clinic provides the opportunity to cross over with every department creating a team focused atmosphere. Since the clinic is constantly growing there are always opportunities to grow and move into positions from every department. I've seen many of my co workers, including myself, move into different positions and have the opportunity to grow with the clinic. At the end of the day no matter what your title says everyone is here for the same mission and knowing that we're all here for the right reasons makes me feel good with what I'm doing.

Lakeshore Community Health Care insights

Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • Sense of belonging
  • Trust in colleagues

Lakeshore has so many services in one place, I like medical behavior and pharmacy all together

Very balanced with family/work. I like the medical dental and pharmacy all together. I enjoyed how patients were treated by Lakeshore, very respectful

Pros

Benefits especially vacation

Cons

Can’t work 30 hours a week, want more near 40. Vaccines are mandatory, I don’t want the vaccines or the flu shot

Terrible management

Poor management across the board. A toxic environment due to administration and management, unless you are related to someone in administration. Employees are not trained properly, high turn over of staff due to these concerns and unable to fully staff departments. Overworked. Underpaid. A lot of blame placing.

Pros

Cons

See review - poor management

Great patients and peer coworkers with an integrated approach to care

The management is not looking out for staff. They fire people that display independent thought which adds to a culture of fear. It’s a toxic environment that is because of the administrative leadership. Decisions are usually made by admin without the input of the medical staff. Staff are fired without warning. Apply if you are a yes man/woman with no spine.

Pros

good pay and benefits

Cons

Unethical leadership that is not interested in respecting workers. Unhealthy environment.

LCHC is a grassroots organization aimed at providing the best services to the community.

I thoroughly enjoy working at this organization. With a quantity of resources yet nimble enough for effective interventions, it’s rewarding to be part of providing clinical services to the community.

Pros

Teamwork, professional development opportunities, rapid growth opportunities, flexibility scheduling for some positions

No organization is perfect. Lakeshore is growing. It's important to not get hung up on what's wrong but to focus on the progress towards the mission.

No organization is perfect. Lakeshore is growing. It's important to not get hung up on what's wrong but to focus on what's happening and the progress towards the mission. With this growth is an opportunity to define the future and the role you play in it. Good work-life balance with better than most places- benefits. The management team really seems to care about their employees and the organization. They treat you like a person, not an employee. And, it really is inspiring to be exposed to the mission and culture that Lakeshore is continuously working towards.

Pros

work-life balance benefits clear duties

Cons

top-heavy organization

DO NOT WORK HERE. You are not given the support you need to succeed in your position.

DO NOT WORK HERE. Training is horrible. You sit in a classroom setting the entire time while training. You are allowed to shadow about 30 mins to 1 hour max a day only. Training is fast and intense. If you fall behind, you are not given the support you need to succeed in your position. The manager I had was not very friendly and approachable and I was not comfortable asking her for help. This was the most stressful job that I've ever had. I'm so glad I found another job and left. Look elsewhere if you need a job. Do not apply here because you will regret later. They have a high turn over rate and are always hiring. There are some good employees that have left due to the lack of support from managers.

Pros

Great benefits.

Cons

Poor training and lack of support for employees.

Too good to be true

I don’t recommend this place. Pay is unfair. Management bullies everyone. Training is horrible. Management takes no accountability. Their all friends there, so they make decisions off of how they feel, not facts.

Pros

Some great team members

Cons

Poor management, poor training, management takes no accountability

Low pay for medical assistant

Medical assistant pay is low and raises are small. A lot of work and stress. You will learn many new things. You will serve a population in need. Dramatic medical assistant manager.

Pros

Learn a ton

Cons

Management, work hard, under appreciated

Sounds good on paper

It’s mission is great and really something to get behind. The support and training for the staff is inadequate. Would say it’s not a long term solution for a fulfilling career.

Pros

Flexible schedule

Cons

Lack of support for staff

Lakeshore Community Health Care is a great place to work!

If you are looking for a career that is not just a about collecting a paycheck but that is fulfilling in so many different ways Lakeshore Community Health Care is the right place for you. There are so many people working for LCHC that genuinely care about the health and well being of their patients. The focus of the clinic is not on production, they have gathered a team of medical dental and behavior health providers to help each person as a whole. I could not be more proud to say that I work for Lakeshore Community Health Care and am making a difference in my community.

Pros

Compassionate Employees, Compensation, Paid Time Off, Friendly Atmosphere

Cons

Busy, fast paced

clinical work

Day started with a team meeting to go over patients being seen for the day. Rooming patients and providing education to patients in need. I enjoyed the education portion of my job

Community Service

Management and training needs to be improved. It is a very busy office. There are limited procedures but the procedures we can do help the community in a great way.

Pros

good benefits

Cons

many patients a day, more training needed

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lakeshore Community Health Care. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits