Lakeshore Management, Inc.

Lakeshore Management, Inc. Employee Reviews

United States63 reviews
Lakeshore is a terrible company to work for, as they are a privately owned company they don't feel as if they have to be ethical in any aspect of business. They will change your pay and housing at the drop of a hat and do not offer support for anyone. They have favorites and pick and chose who they want to listen to and support. The HR department does not keep anything confidential nor do they help when you have a true issue. As a community manager you are on call 24/7, receive NO support from anyone other than your sister properties. You are expected to respond to everything and work while you are on maternity leave. We are always understaffed and they don't have any urgency to fix that problem. They want to focus on workplace culture so they send out employee engagement surveys, when a district drops more than 18 points on a review they don't care, they brush past it and move on. They hold only certain people accountable but not everyone. Double standards are their standard. The only thing that is somewhat enjoyable are the residents who, when they aren't screaming at you because of a policy out of your control, are mainly friendly and you can create good relationships with them. This company will probably ruin your life if you decide to work for them.
The job would be ok but there really are limitations on advancement in each area in the company. Some of the area managers are great but there are others that are very hard to deal with. The culture is great, but certain managers don't seem to adhere to it like they should.
Cons
Lack of advancement
I have worked here for over a year and have seen a lot of progress - training, trust, flexibility, collaboration. Good people who are open to learning and are craving more and more processes to do their job even better!
Lakeshore is a great company to work for! I love my job and the work ethics instilled with this company. Lakeshore offers diversity that breaks up any monotony on the routine work front. We have quarterly business reviews which are held at one of the many properties in our region. During the QBRs we are transpiring the business aspect as well as clarifying the family camaraderie feel. We also have annual conferences which are usually held in Florida. Here we have many workshops, volunteer work, which I find self fulfilling, celebrations and awards. I look forward to conference every year! Lakeshore loves their residents and we strive for caring communities. We are bolstering our community outreach amenities to service our residents better. Our motto here at Lakeshore is when life hands you lemons...… Make some Lemonade! Love it!! :)
Insecurity and hopelessness will be on your mind during your working hours, which will be long. If you stay after hours you will be made to feel inadequate for your position within the company. You will never be praised. Just criticized.
I love working for Lakeshore Management! We have the freedom of running our communities under a well trained, effectively communicative organization. They give you the means, training and communication and expect great things.We are ever changing to keep our checks and balances running smoothly. I love attending the Annual Conferences, which are usually held in Florida.There we exercise humanity in the humblest way. Whether it is through voluntarily restoring communities or competitively feeding those in need, It fills my heart to the fullest.We also attend quarterly business reviews at a community destination where we have continued training and competitive exercises and much camaraderie between fellow co-workers that quickly feel like extended family. Great place to work!
Every day is a new venture. I love my job! Working for Lakeshore has been moving in a positive direction since I started. If you complete tasks as they come up, the day will not be stressful, but if you are not wanting to do your job and are lazy then this is not the environment for you. You have to complete items as they arise, if tasks build up and if residents concerns are not addressed in a timely manor, then the work will roll to the next day compiling more unnecessary stress on you. Do your job and know what you are talking about. I have been here for almost 4-years and have seen a lot of GREAT changes with the new culture! Remember everyone has a job to do and with any job, if you look the other way, then all your tasks will build up and then you will never get your office or community back in line. You are here to run an asset. I say this to my MT's all the time-"If you see a weed stop and pull it, if you see trash stop and pick it up!" So same applies to us-If a resident calls with a concern-respond, if a report is due-do it. So it is all in the way you run your business.
Pros
Saturday and Sunday Off
Cons
Abused Work Bee's
Start by opening office, check voicemail and emails. The rest of the day can be structured how you see fit as long as procedures are followed and certain deadlines are met. The best part of the job is helping to place people into affordable homes. The worst part of the job is dealing with unreasonable residents.
management is absolutely the worst. they don't care about their tenants at all. and no one is ever held responsible. Lots of blind eyes in regards of harrassment towards tenants and even thievery. Run far away and never look back
Cons
This is the most unorganized company i have ever worked for in my 15 years in property management. New culture, really thats a joke. All the past reviews that you read about having no work life balance, run away dont walk, no support are all true. People not being held accountable for breaking company polices, even if they steal.

Never was truly on vacation because my phone always rang. I would go in early and work late, which made my family mad. No appreciation was ever given.

You will work hard, long hours and more will be placed on your plate. and when they feel you are not doing enough they will let you go with out notice.

DO NOT BELIEVE THEIR CULTURE WHEN THEY STATE IT TO YOU....RUN.
Pros
Closed Sunday's
Cons
Everything else, long hours, no training, no thanks for hard work and making money for the owner.
This place is very unorganized and very unprofessional. No one here is held responsible for their actions, and there for, they do as they please. Management is completely clueless on how a company should run.
Not a positive or rewarding place to work.. I do not know what else to say without being too negative. This company stole my life from my family, they did not care about work life balance. They never had anything positive to say to you. It's sad that companies can get away with treating their employee's in the matter that they treated theirs.
I have over 17 years experience in the industry. This was the absolute worse company I ever worked for. While they have a lot of talented people within the organization the mission was unclear. My days were ruled by fear and mistreatment from upper management.
Pros
Not many
Cons
Too many to list
Lakeshore had a wonderful collaborative work environment. For such a large company, there was great attention to each and every property and staff member.
Only people that got any praise or respect were corporate employees. Maintenance techs are the one's that deal with the residents every day and upper management will not take what you say to heart.
Cons
I left Lakeshore Career Change. Loved my Job. Loved selling and making money. Sales team always there for support. The Vegas team trying to support each other. THe company has changed a lot compared to when I first started working there . Although the reviews used to be bad. I still gave it shot. For this industry YOU must be thick skinned and not be lazy..
Pros
I had a voice. Got paid on time
Cons
I should not have left lololol
No support from upper management, Would not spend money to hire a landscaping company. Company will not pay maintenance staff a high enough to stay. Code enforcement constantly issuing community notices for landscaping not getting cut fast enough. Then upper management blames community manager for failure to run community when they will not let you hire new staff.
Do not make the same mistake i did, I read the review's and thought "it cant be that bad" well i was wrong it was they are beyond short staff and made me do everyone elses job with no suport what so ever the property managers are nice but taken advantage of by the upper managment i went beyond my job every day ran mulitiple properties too much for one person and the district manager never even thanked me and even offered to help his ego is way too big for him to do, the whole company doesnt care about there staff and communities this will be the worst place you will work RUN RUN RUN!!!!!!
Cons
The company wasn't ready for a second Groundskeeper. Once i got on the property it was Terrible. The grounds were a mess. Shrubs everywhere, Trash destroyed all over the place.

The day was planned out like this. The first step on the property. Ride around picking up trash. The fulfill work orders from priority down. It was June 2018 and they still had work orders from December 2017. No Lawnmowers had to weed eat the whole complex. Managers are never around when you need them at times. There were three workers with two golf carts. I was the third wheel there was no hurry to make time for a third golf cart. Just terrible.
Pros
Hour Breaks, Slow Start
Cons
Poor Mangement, Bad Working Conditions
Never enough community managers/maintenance staffing. Salary is the lowest on the salary spectrum. Corporate Level has plenty of staff and I'm sure they are paid very well. Not focused on employees or residents. Never repairs or approves major components that need to be completed at the communities. HORRIBLE COMPANY - ALL LIES - I don't think the owner really knows what is happening throughout his company.
Cons
Staffing, Focused as a Company Very POOR Level, Poor Salary, HEALTH Insurance is ridiculous for 1 it $560 a month and doesn't cover much.
This is a job that you will always be busy and you must have a thick skin for. If you hate to sit at a desk all day than this may be a good fit for you. Much of your week is spent out in the community selling homes, collecting rent and making sure residents are in compliance with the rules and regulations. Lakeshore provides a ton of training and there is a ton of opportunity to move up if you live in FL or NV. I made close to $40k with salary and commission and was provided with housing. The hardest part is dealing with demands that can't be met either by corp or residents. There were times that there was some talking down on, I just kept doing my job and refuse to take it personally.
Pros
Room to grow, good pay, housing, training, meet new people, conference in FL every year
Cons
have to work 8 hours every Saturday, residents can get aggressive, won't bring in new homes in communtiy
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lakeshore Management, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.
2.1