Lakeshore Management, Inc. Employee Reviews

Horrible company - they don't care and or focused on you
Manager (Current Employee) –  Boynton Beach, FLJuly 19, 2018
Never enough community managers/maintenance staffing. Salary is the lowest on the salary spectrum. Corporate Level has plenty of staff and I'm sure they are paid very well. Not focused on employees or residents. Never repairs or approves major components that need to be completed at the communities. HORRIBLE COMPANY - ALL LIES - I don't think the owner really knows what is happening throughout his company.
Cons
Staffing, Focused as a Company Very POOR Level, Poor Salary, HEALTH Insurance is ridiculous for 1 it $560 a month and doesn't cover much.
Property Manager
Communtiy Manager (Former Employee) –  EastJuly 18, 2018
This is a job that you will always be busy and you must have a thick skin for. If you hate to sit at a desk all day than this may be a good fit for you. Much of your week is spent out in the community selling homes, collecting rent and making sure residents are in compliance with the rules and regulations. Lakeshore provides a ton of training and there is a ton of opportunity to move up if you live in FL or NV. I made close to $40k with salary and commission and was provided with housing. The hardest part is dealing with demands that can't be met either by corp or residents. There were times that there was some talking down on, I just kept doing my job and refuse to take it personally.
Pros
Room to grow, good pay, housing, training, meet new people, conference in FL every year
Cons
have to work 8 hours every Saturday, residents can get aggressive, won't bring in new homes in communtiy
Terrible place
Accounts Payable Specialist (Current Employee) –  IllinoisJuly 16, 2018
Terrible company! I wouldn’t recommend this company to anyone. Poor management, they lack professionalism. Too much office drama! Wish I never took the job
The positive reviews?
Manager (Former Employee) –  FloridaJuly 15, 2018
Obviously upper management, they constantly pat themselves on the back and trash everyone else. Wonder why they are always hiring? Take the job and you will find out in less than 30 days
Pros
Cons
Infinate
horrible
On-Site Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Skokie, ILMarch 7, 2018
terrible but I hung in there as long as possible. they expect you to work way beyond normal hours. the pay was minimal but enough to live on along with good housing benefits but that's it.
Pros
housing
Cons
100 hour work week
Terrible upper management
Sales and Marketing Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 28, 2018
This company has a Director of Operations that is a tyrant. This makes it very difficult to be happy with what you do even when you like the type of work you are doing.
Pros
Advancement opportunity
Cons
Inadequate compensation for work performed.
Corrupt and dishonest managers
SENIOR (Former Employee) –  Hallandale Beach, FLJanuary 25, 2018
I would never work for this company.

The managers act the same way as the owners and they don't care anything about the tenants or the people who need help.
Don't believe all that you see....
Community Manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 24, 2018
I worked for Lakeshore management for over 1 year and I cannot relate to what in reading. In Lakeshore as a community manager I felt happy, empowered and supported. My team was amazing, close, motivated and friendly. We all have those days of uncertainty in our roles but come on it's not the upper management or HR or your surrounding team. This is just the business. I love Lakeshore and even if I am not working with them anymore I still hold the respect and certainty that I was appreciate as an employee, friend, co-worker and human being. Thanks Team Lakeshore. You will always be awesome.
Pros
Great company.
Cons
None to express
Always opportunity to learn and grow
Manager (Current Employee) –  FloridaJanuary 24, 2018
I have been with Lakeshore over 5 years and not coming from this industry, I have learned more in this position from Leadership than any other position, both personal and professional. Upper Management is strong, some may feel demanding and micromanaging, but it is all in how you view the communication style. I see many employees leave because they are not committed to change or process improvements. I look forward to continuing my career with a company that invests in me.
Pros
Growth, Leadership listens to concerns and feedback, open door policy
This company is what it sells - TRAILER PARK TRASH
Regional Staff (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 5, 2017
If you are single, and have no life, and strive to make $30k a year while working 60 hours a week, then this is your ticket.....to nothing! Salary is not comparable to the job duties expected, and the management is non existent. You will be sent across the country on an open ended ticket and no idea when you are coming home....overall this company is awful. Turnover is crazy for a reason. As a regional staff member, everyone I spoke to in the Corporate office thought the Operations Director was a joke, a bully, and a jerk. No one respected her, yet they feared her. On the flip side, those who thought Ms. Tollett was Loyal to them (because they have loyallyserved her for 10+ years) have no idea how she degraded them behind their backs. This is not an environment conducive to growth or a positive dynamic. Too bad Mr Wolf doesn’t see that majority of his staff are unhappy, and his company culture is toxic.
Pros
Cons
No work-life balance, No trust in management or HR, narcissistic management, terrible property management
Run as fast as you can!
Community Manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 23, 2017
You will have no life. No weekends to spend with family. The pay is horrible, with no raises. Management has no problem yelling and embarrassing employees in front of co-workers. It does not matter how hard you work, it will never be good enough. You are constantly threatened to be let go. There is a very high turn over in this company. Believe me when i say RUN!
Cons
High cost healthcare.
Extremely high expectations with little or no supervision
Multi-property manager (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLNovember 1, 2017
I gained experience in all areas of management since I was a "one man band". I worked at least one day per week at each community and got along with all residents.
Pros
Great residents in all communities
Cons
No assistance in any properties
Stay far away
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLAugust 4, 2017
Unemployment is better! Horrible company. Horrible people. Very sad company. It's much better to just keep looking for a different job. You will work in a trailer park and be alone and left to do their dirty work.
Run Run from this company
Manager (Former Employee) –  FloridaJuly 26, 2017
Dictator (Director of Operation) is the worst I have ever work for. She has no problem cussing; degrading; humiliating you in front co-worker or others.
The owner does not care how she is allowed to treat Lakeshore employees
The longer you are with the company the worst she will treat you.
Pay in based on how well you kiss her _____!
In all my years of working this is by far the worst place to work.
No life
Assistant Property Manager (Former Employee) –  FloridaJune 4, 2017
Anti social upper management. Treat employees like garbage. Long hours no life what so ever. You try your best to go above and beyond and all they see is the bad stuff. Everyone walks around on pins and needle when the big boss is around. She talks down to employees. Ive seen her reprimand other employees in a disrespectful and unprofessional way. This was by far the worst company i ever worked for. Run run run away
Cons
Learn from review of others
Clerical (Former Employee) –  Skokie, ILMay 29, 2017
Take heed of other reviews, I thought they were "sour grapes" in fact quite honest.

No training, including industry specific software. Assigned tasks and projects and then they were forgotten by manager, so never brought to conclusion.

Workplace culture is awful, very low employee morale.

Co-workers were very nice people, however management was not friendly nor encouraging.
Pros
Cons
Costly benefits with poor coverage, lots of shouting and profanity in the workplace. Employees berated in public.
Managed by intimidation.
Local Manager (Current Employee) –  Robbinsville, NJFebruary 12, 2017
Typical day was just keeping on top of issues that came up on a daily basis. The atmosphere was tough to handle, but it is a job.
Cons
No breaks, 20 hour days expected.
Very productive days
Assistant Community Manager and Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  FloridaFebruary 9, 2017
Very busy Community, Communication breakdown with Residents. Upkeep of property is not a priority to Upper Management
Pros
Nice Residents
Cons
Management, Communication
Bad Company policies
Community Manager (Former Employee) –  St. Petersburg, FLJanuary 24, 2017
Was a great place to work until they grow too fast too soon, upper management put too much pressure on Manager's to get a difficult task done with unreasonable notification
Lakeshore is a Joke..Run far away!
Manager (Former Employee) –  United StatesNovember 30, 2016
The upper management is a joke. The person running the company talks down to you on conference calls and treats all employees like they are children. Everyone walks on egg shells when around her in fear of their job. She is the worst and feel sorry for the future of this company.
Pros
Cons
Micromanage you, they have endless deadlines, no help. They will tell you on a daily they can replace you!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lakeshore Management, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

1.8