Lakeside Assisted Living

Lakeside Assisted Living Employee Reviews

Would not personally suggest anyone decide to work for this company. The work/life balance is nonexistent and the management team is incompetent and ill-tempered.
Poor management. Not enough help. Poor care given to residents. Residents hate living there. No activities they sit in the room and do nothing no staff involvement. Residents constantly being sent the ER because of lack of care and falls. Do not respect employees or the residents only open to make money
Pros
Cons
A lot
Management sucks and they can’t keep staff. I would not recommend anybody to work here. They do not treat their employees good. You don’t get any recognition for your hard work. They don’t appreciate good employees. This place needs new management.
Pros
They do give you your pay checks on time
Cons
They don’t care about employees
I struggled to find the pros of this job. The management is poor, the working conditions/benefits are also poor. The residents are not satisfied with their life here. I loved my residents and did everything in my power to keep them comfortable, but there was only so much I could accomplish. This job took a big mental toll on me seeing the conditions employees and residents were in.
Pros
Free meals
Cons
Management, Upsetting environment, scheduling conflicts
This place has a revolving door. Management doesn't support nurses. If not in agreement you will be targeted. Your opinion doesn't matter. Beware of this place. The focus is filling the facility and not honoring the mission statement or criteria of a Assisted Living Facility! Short staffed on many days. No support at all
Would you recommend working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
Working doubles no dsys off. Not having a issue because of the joy of the residents. But being told the that your no good. Manager need training and they need real cleaning staff.
Pros
Residents
Cons
Working here has been very rewarding yet I feel management could be better. Chain of command is not followed and there is alot of family members that work here. Too many chiefs and not enough indians. Every one wants to be in charge. Also the RAs do not respect the Nursing staff.
Residential assistance pass mess transfer residents and doctor visit clean their rooms and make sure they are healthy and happy make sure their family happy with my job
To many people want to be a boss at the company and the manager is very overbearing..she is a control freak..she hired supervisors for certain jobs and then do there job for them..
Not managed well, frequently changes your schedule. Administration is poor quality, residents pay alot but frequently dont get the services they pay for monthly.
Jobs at Lakeside Assisted Living
See more jobs
I did not like working here. It was my first job and management took advantage and told me that I didn't need to log hours for pay. (I was paid hourly)
I would go to work and make breakfast and lunch for the people living there and then assist them with whatever it may have been. Working with the elderly takes someone special because it can be extremely sad. Hardest part of my job was leaving work not knowing if everyone would be there the next day. Most enjoyable part was seeing the big smiles on their faces when we would place bingo!
Pros
Free lunch if there was leftovers
Cons
The elder being sad you were clocking out for the day
Residents come first in my book. Sometimes they are more about the workers instead of the residents and doesn't show them respect the nurse is awesome she is so caring to the residents and employees
This was a crazy job, I worked 4 departments and lots of overtime. It was very busy everyday with the residents, and co-workers. Typical day at work was, start early and stay late that involved a lot of hard fast paced work. It was always about us and the residents. We were there for them and their every needs. Management was great, always getting involved, doing events, helping us, and treated the residents like their own also. Hardest part of the job was the fact it was hard to find good employees to work there who took their job seriously. For me I was so dedicated and loved the job, seeing people come and go was hard. The best part of the job was everything I learned. I dealt with all the residents, medications, the kitchen and even the front desk, so I am very glad to have learned so much and to have the opportunity to help so many older people who need it.
Very rewarding knowing that I make someones day every day. Very well liked by residents and have built many close reltionships with staff, residents, and families.