Lakeside School Employee Reviews

4.7
Ratings breakdown
It is a fast paced, stressful, expectant but fun and safe environment to work in and never a boring day.
Supervisor, Behavior Management Services (Current Employee) –  Horsham, PAApril 23, 2018
A typical day at school is begin with greeting students off the bus at 8:20 a.m.
By 9:00 a.m., a half dozen meetings takes place with students, counselors and behavior management staff to address behavioral issues and / or behavioral situations from yesterday or current.
In between 9:00 and 12:00 consist of meetings and / or collaborating with counselors, teachers, special education behavioral specialist strategizing behavioral interventions.
I also spend about 40 to 60 minutes per day or more facilitating meetings with students and students to address verbal and / or physical conflicts as part our school's restorative justice philosophy.
I oversee and supervise the lunch room (C-lunch) for the high school program. This is my most favorite time of the day. I look forward to mingling and interacting with students outside of the office and / or classroom. This is crucial for building relationships and connecting with students.
Pros
Stable work hours Mon - Fri 8 - 4 Wkends / Holidays off + Summer Breaks
Cons
Not an easy environment to like if attitude is bad. Food / Cafe Service exellent / Food quality poor
basically a large house with an office providing living space for 16 or more boys.
Counselor/Weekend Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Peabody, MAJuly 18, 2017
Great staff, always enjoyed working with them and the boys who resided there. Provided a great job for me while I attended seminary. Always had fun outings, experiences planned for the kids, especially on weekends.
Pros
Limited space, facility
Cons
good program, great people to work with.
fun place to be
Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MIMarch 28, 2017
it was a fun place to be at and to work at, I always had a good time and worked hard. I always showed up on time and got to get free milkshakes and play pool with the other workers.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
long days
Lakeside
MS Secretary & Outdoor Supervisor & more (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAMarch 19, 2015
The culture is amazing and the students are even more so.

The culture is definitely something that takes getting used to.
Pros
free lunches, access to gym, benefits