Lakeview Village Employee Reviews

Traditional Nursing Home environment
Certified Nursing Assistant/Medication Aide (Former Employee) –  Lenexa, KSApril 12, 2018
When I worked at Lakeview, it was a typical traditional nursing home. While most are going toward person-first and resident-centered. Lakeview had a fair resident:CNA ratio.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Management, environment
Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Amana, IAApril 3, 2018
On a typical day I would pass medications, give nightly showers, serve meals, house keeping. Poor work place culture, and management. The management doesn't really care or ger concerned about staff issues. Most enjoyable part of my job was definitely the residents, they brought so many smiles to my face.
Pros
Free gym membership
Cons
Lack of respect for staff
really nice people
CMA (Current Employee) –  Lenexa, KSJanuary 17, 2018
nice people to work with care about residents Management listens to concerns of residents and employees. They pride on the care the residents get from the steff
Teamwork lacking in some areas great in others
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lenexa, KSDecember 31, 2017
Like most similar positions CNA work had some good days and bad days. If you had a decent relationship with people you'd get good help, and with others "not my job" was a common theme. Knew what I was going into with it though so was not too bad.
poor
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Monticello, INNovember 28, 2017
there are no chances for growth. they say they offer educational help and all that but getting them to approve that is another thing, there is no management worth being there. the employee turn over rate is rediculous and the staff that have been there dedicated for a long time are run in the ground and treated like poorly. the pay is terrible for the amount of stress and work the aides do. they do have vacation time you can use after a year and thats if there is enough staff for you to take time off, they also offer insurance that is terrible.
Jobs are being done. The manager is approachable and gets the job done.
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Lenexa, KSNovember 27, 2017
Lakeview Village is a great place to work. The culture is very warm. The best part is the manager in my department is so good, caring, professional and gets the job done. Her leadership is excellent!
Pros
Free beverages.
Cons
Pay can be better
Fast paced heavy work load
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lenexa, KSNovember 7, 2017
Working for Lakeview was very stressful it was a heavy workload and very time consuming my body was very sore after working a shift and there was a lot of lifts
very productive place to work
Catering Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Lenexa, KSApril 6, 2017
Lakeview Village offered many options for the employees. Rather you worked in catering or the restaurants there was always something exciting happening.
Friendly work environment
Housekeeping Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Lenexa, KSNovember 6, 2016
My most enjoyable part of the work week was the close community and wonderful residents and co-workers. The residents treat the employee's with respect and are generous with their Christmas bonuses.
good school
Lead Preschool Teacher (Former Employee) –  Lenexa, KSOctober 3, 2016
This is a good daycare with great involvement with elderly residents. Its a unique experience for young children and one I have never found with another daycare.
Pros
long lunch break, good benefits
Cons
large classes
learning experience in the workplace
Waitress (Current Employee) –  Lenexa, KSJune 16, 2016
A typical day at work involves basic waitress dutys. I learned a great deal of patience from working at Lakeview. Coworkers are helpful sometimes. Management and employees has improved alot. The hardest part of the job is serving when the kitchen gets backed up and the most enjoyable is communication with the customers
Cons
short shifts
Great job for people who like working with elderly
Server (Former Employee) –  Lenexa, KSMay 17, 2016
This job was not my favorite to work at because of the environment and requirements. I did not get paid very well, and the longest shift we could have was 4 hours.
Good Place to work
RN/Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Lenexa, KS 66215April 6, 2016
Lakeview Village was a good nursing job. I enjoyed working there for the 20 years. Competitive wages,benefits, and hours .
Pros
good wages
Cons
no weekend option
Great place to work with great coworkers
CNA and CMA (Current Employee) –  Lenexa, KSJanuary 22, 2016
8 hour shifts with great staff and job advancement with training. Multiple job settings for different kind of workers.
Pros
Benefits.
Cons
working around food and not allowed to eat during meal times.
Unorganized
Diet Aide (Current Employee) –  Lenexa, KSAugust 21, 2015
Great co workers and caring facility but very unorganized management. Communication needs to be worked on in that establishment.
Laid back work
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Lenexa, KSApril 23, 2015
The only thing that was positive about this job is the residents that I cleaned for. The hours do not allow you to complete any "banker hour" errands. The hardest part of this job was all of the down time. I do not enjoy sitting in a hallway when I was hoping to be working.
Pros
Building relationships with residents
Cons
Downtime
Great work culture
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lenexa, KSDecember 26, 2014
An overall great place to work. From management to co-workers all are there with the same goal in mind. Great resident care.
Service Representative, Administrative Assistance (Current Employee) –  Lenexa, KSOctober 19, 2014
Good place to work, the residents are wonderful. You feel a part of the community.
Cleaning residents home and and gaining their trust.
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Lenexa, KSMay 21, 2014
Cleaning, dusting, moping, running the vacum in retired homes. Learned that I don't mind cleaning and helping residents. Makes me a better housekeeper. Management was awesome and very understanding. Hardest part of the job was walking with the equipment door to door. Enjoyable part is the residents who looks forward to seeing you on cleaning day.
Pros
Helping retired residents keep a clean and sanitary home.
Cons
The inclimate weather.
Great place to work with friendly people.
PTA (Current Employee) –  Lenexa, KSMay 5, 2014
We have a large team of therapists in a great setting. The management is very flexible, hard working, and caring of the staff and residents.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lakeview Village. Our community is ready to answer.

Lakeview Village Reviews by Location