Lakeway Regional Hospital Employee Reviews

Used to be a terrific place to work
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Morristown, TNJuly 1, 2018
New administration does not put their employees first. They are only worried about the bottom dollar, which is ruining the hospital. Was previously the best hospital in the area.
offers opportunity to continue education with many CEUs available for free
RN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Morristown, TNMay 18, 2018
coworkers generally are helpful and willing to help advance learning with each other the members of administration are not usually on the floor with the staff
Pleasant employees to work with
Accountant (Current Employee) –  Morristown, TNMay 17, 2018
Most of the employee's at Lakeway are caring and warm people who feel like family.It makes it a very pleasant place to work.I am seeking advancement opportunities which are limited unfortunately.
I worked as a Labor and Delivery Nurse
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Morristown, TNMay 17, 2018
The Women's Pavillion is no longer at Lakeway Regional Hospital. I left about a year a year before they closed the unit. However, I learned so much about my profession while I was there. Loved bringing new life into the world and education new Moms.
Pros
excellent medical staff
Cons
long drive to work. was on call a lot
Once was a good hospital
Director of HIM/FPO (Former Employee) –  Morristown, TNApril 10, 2018
The workplace had decreased in the fairness and the administration created a list of people to be eliminated. The hospital started to lose patients and employees.
not a good place
circulator (Former Employee) –  Morristown, TN 37814March 12, 2018
I do not know how they have remained open with the decreasing number of patients. when the staff out number the patients how can you keep the doors open
Lakeway
Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) –  Morristown, TNFebruary 3, 2018
Mainly work nights or weekends. One therapist is scheduled during nights and weekends. I have a great manager. Taking care of my patients is the most rewarding part of my job.
Great place to work!
Admitting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Morristown, TNNovember 22, 2017
Typical day at work was steady paced, registering outpatient and inpatient procedures. I learned a lot of computer skills and typing skills. A great place to learn people skills as well. Management was outstanding!
Na
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Morristown, TNSeptember 11, 2017
I worked part time for Lakeway Regional Hospital for 7 years. I worked in the laboratory and had a great experience working there. My.management was good.
No job security
Registered Nurse in ER (Former Employee) –  Morristown, TNSeptember 4, 2017
Was hired straight out of Nursing school, I had little experience and felt very insecure in this position. Nurse that was assigned to help me disliked new nurses and refused to help. I felt it was best to leave this situation.
patient acuity needs to be reviewed for staff models
Rehab RN (Former Employee) –  Morristown, TNAugust 8, 2017
Difficult to complete expectations without overtime. 12 hrs shifts may turn to 14 hr
Lot of documentation paper vs electronic

no relief for lunch or breaks

inadequate CNA help
Pros
fair pay
Cons
no break or lunch reliefs
Emergency room environment is same as anywhere
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Morristown, TNAugust 8, 2017
Pay is terrible. Most coworkers are nice and team oriented but, there are a few that will throw you under a bus if they think it will get them somewhere. Manager will use whomever allows the using to occur.
Pros
small ER
Cons
too many wannabe chiefs and know-it-alls
Productive and Busy between phones and walk-ins.
HIM Technician (Current Employee) –  Morristown, TNJuly 6, 2017
Hectic but the day passes by quickly. Most of the co-workers get along and it's a lot like a family. Getting everything reviewed and scanned by the deadline for the couriers to pick-up is the hardest part but I love doing lots of different things.
Pros
Free in-house healthcare
Cons
No way to advance and raises are to the bare minimum
Nice place with not a lot of options for advancement.
Certified Surgical Technologist (Current Employee) –  Morristown, TNMarch 22, 2017
Could be a great place to work if there was more structure. Not a lot of initiative to do better or even strive to do day to day job. some staff members are required to work more than others and some positions are required one person to do the job of 3 without any relief or breaks during a shift.
Have enjoyed working there. I work full time night shift and would like to work different shift preferrably days/evenings
RN House Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Morristown, TNJanuary 22, 2017
Have been supported by Administration in a positive environment. Administration has open door policy which has been in place throughout my employment there. Have enjoyed opportunity to know and work with the CEO as well as CNO.
Pros
opportunities
Cons
nightshift
excellent patient outcomes
Nursing Supervisor and ICU Manager and Director (Former Employee) –  Morristown, TNJanuary 28, 2015
Same as prior information on Lakeway Regional Hospital for ICU Director/Manager.
Nursing Supervisor: Received report from off going Supervisor. Unit rounds were made to evaluate unit needs and staffing issues. This was important because responsible for hospital instead of one particular unit. Supervisor is irresponsible for appropriate functioning of hospital entirety in the absence of manager/Director. Responsible for reporting to each manager of unit problems and needs in communication book. Communicating verbally to unit manager of any risk issues as needed. Also responsible for assistance in investigation of risk issues and follow up with staff with education and monitoring process improvements for compliance of issues.
The hardest part of this job was staffing - making phone calls requesting extra shifts to fill in for absent call offs. The most enjoyable part of the job was rounding on patients and receiving would highly recommend our hospital.
Pros
vacation, benefits, co-workers
Cons
staff calling in sick for next shift (staffing Issues)
Ups and Downs
Registered Nurse PRN (Current Employee) –  Morristown, TNJanuary 14, 2015
Been an employee for almost 5 years. It has been flexible with my schedule as a PRN employee. When full time, did not feel like employees were treated as well.
Stable work environment with positive improvements and excellent healthcare
Director Medical Staff Services and Development (Current Employee) –  Lakeway Regional AdminstrationAugust 25, 2014
My current position is very detailed oriented with strick time constraints. I have learned to be focused and disciplined in order to meet important and required deadlines. Management is supportive and available as needed. My co-workers are an excellent and supportive group.
The most difficult part of my position is meeting daily deadlines.
The most enjoyable part is the people I work with on a daily basis.
Up to 8 patient assigned per nurse. Difficulty finding supplies/equip. when needed. Co-worker are excellent to work with.
RN on a 63 bed Medical (Former Employee) –  Morristown, TNJuly 7, 2014
Nice community hospital. Nightshift co-workers are very friendly and enjoyable to work with good team work. Assigned up to 8 patients per nurse. Had long wait time to obtain patient medications.
Pros
Great team work with nurses, NP on floor throughout night for quick assess for patient need, Night nurse supervior friendly and ready to assist
Cons
Difficulty finding supplies and equipment, Double bed rooms, Delayed in going home due to dayshift nurse always late, Awaiting supervisor to retrieve certain meds from Pxyis, No night pharmacy, excessive talking by nurses, only got to eat lunch 4 times within 2.5 months of employment.
Fulfilling job with many challenges
Controller (Current Employee) –  Morristown, TNDecember 29, 2013
The job is great and I am content with the position. It seems to be getting to be too much of a challenge for me, as I am required to work 10 - 12 hours some days. There is little opportunity for time away from the job at all.