Lakewood Church Employee Reviews

4.8
Ratings breakdown
Excellent Work Atmosphere
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 21, 2018
I began my career at Lakewood Church in September 2017 and so far, it has been an awesome experience. As a Customer Service Representative, The Atmosphere working for Lakewood is extremely Positive, the Management and my Co-workers are always encouraging and I feel like part of a family that operates in Excellence. Where else can you go to work and talk about GOD and it is encouraged.

The benefits are great all around.
Pros
Atmosphere, Coworkers, Benefits, Awesome Ministry
Cons
N/a
Teacher
important events assisting new people (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 12, 2018
As a teacher I had to take care of 10-20 kids per night and worry abut their mental, emotional, physical health was positive. We taught them a curriculum, fed them and even did worship them.
Pros
We got free Cds and friendly environment
Cons
it was only a part-time
bad time management
Intern (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 13, 2018
Everything is very last minute also they expect your job to be your life. Also dont really higher in house and if you are not working in the right ministries you are very much over looked
Amazing Church
Childcare Provider (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 6, 2018
This is an amazing place to work and I love the people there, blessed by Pastor Joel and his ministry every week. Great place to work overall, would recommend
Great place to work!
GRAPHIC DESIGNER (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 26, 2017
Great place to work. And the job tracking and proofing system is great. Management is supportive and very professional. Not to mention good lunch options near by. Also, if you have preschool aged kids, they have free childcare. I mean hello, that is awesome! How many employers can say that.
Great atmosphere
TV producer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 14, 2017
I was very confortable working at Lakewood Church. But my family and I; had to relocate to another city.
Great people.

I did was very happy with my supervisor.

I did had a great group of co workers

Lakewood is a great place to work at
Pros
Great work place
Musician (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 23, 2017
I really enjoyed this Church. It's a pleasure working there and knowing the people. I learned a lot from being a musician and recommend it to any one that wants to grow and pursue ministry.
Fun and Loving
Child Care Worker (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 5, 2017
Good people Good Boss really fun and fun people to work with the boss is real nice always attentive to her employees I'm not getting out because of problems I'm just ready for something new
Very Structured
Video Production Intern (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 13, 2017
Considering that Lakewood Church is a mega-church and most recognized churches in the US. There is alot of planning that must be done and executed well. The work environment is very laid back however, they stick to their schedule because TV stations and other networks are involved. So, they do their very best to leave no room for errors or bad judgment calls. I didn't get paid due to being an intern, but volunteer and working with video editor, technical and live directors, the work load is consistent every week.
Serving with Lakewood Church has been such a positive, life-changing experience.
Servolution Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 22, 2016
Becoming a Servolution Volunteer was one of the best decisions for me. I naturally have a giving heart; but during my time of unemployment, it blessed me with the opportunity to take the focus off of what I lacked, and place my energy on positively utilizing the skills that I posses. Helping people, and working towards common goals with loving team members is already an awesome feeling; But doing it without the expectations of anything in return, other than the amazing feeling of Giving, is a whole new level of Awesomeness! I love it!
Pros
Being around Beautiful Spirited People!
Cons
They always have coffee! I LOVE Coffee! lol

Want to know more about Lakewood Church?

Ask a question
Encourage others and work in excellence
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 2, 2016
From the moment I begun to work at Lakewood it was a wonderful experience. The wanting to be there and work in excellence was a feeling that never went away. I would get to work around 7-7:30am to prepare myself to work at 8am. We would have prayer, tips and communicate any important details we may all need before starting the day. Communication is very important. I loved my co-workers. We truly were like a family.There really wasn't anything challenging about my job and that is why I decided to leave. I felt like I was not growing there. The most enjoyable part of working there was the staff connections, staff prayer, mission trips, the Night of Hope events and just the love and compassion you felt from co-workers when you were going through life changes or difficulties. Time and prayer was always offered.
Pros
Health & Dental Insurance, Child Care Provided, Staff Connections, Educational Seminars, Prayer Meetings
Fun
Child Development Assistant Teacher (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 29, 2016
I worked in the child development center and it was amazing. The kids were so much fun and all of the staff did a great job working together to meet all the kids needs. Very interactive and rewarding to work with the children and the staff.
Relaxed area to work in. Not too many problems.
Volunteer Work (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 28, 2015
Everyone working with a great attitude, all having the same goals. Learned how to settle and keep calm during extremely busy times.
Love volunteering here!
Usher (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 11, 2015
Lakewood Church is AN AMAZING place to volunteer. The staff is SO WELCOMING and this experience is truly my savings grace during the week. I don't ever see myself leaving Lakewood.
The Best
Volunteer Musician (Current Employee) –  Houston ChurchAugust 12, 2015
I really enjoy my time at Lakewood Church. They are super chill and productive. They really bring out the best in one another, There's no other place like Lakewood.
Cons
Not much opportunity for advancement
Positive enviroment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 7, 2015
Lakewood is a wonderful place to work with quality people from all walks of life. I highly recommend it as a place to work and get connected.
Pros
encouraging
Best place to work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 13, 2015
Great management and staff. Positive and encouraging atmosphere. Fun place to work with great benefits. Lots of team building exercises and over all great.
Very professional and friendly enviroment to work in plus excellent benefits!
Wedding Director /LCM staff member (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 1, 2014
I will always cherish my years of service at Lakewood Church, the 17 years of volunteerism and the 10 years as full-time paid staff with great benefits. The best benefits were the quality people on staff and the volunteers. There is much place for creative minds and skilled people with degrees with a heart to serve.
Lakewood Church cares about the individual.
They honored me and gave me a party for send off and a beautiful wrist watch for service from the children's ministry staff.
Lakewood Church is a great place to work!
Pros
Quality people and a great honor to have worked under Pastor John Osteen and then his son, Joel.
Cons
The vision for the children's ministry changed.
Very hands-on and quite informative
Legal Intern (Former Employee) –  Houston, TexasJuly 16, 2014
My typical day at work involved checking in with my supervisor for any assignments that i was required to attend to as well as giving feedback on the same assignment and keeping a log of all the assignments and projects i had executed as well as the time i had out in while executing the said work.

I learned how be self resourceful in times of great urgency and when work needed to be done.

The legal department as i came to realize is not pro "micro-managing" employees and thus there was great autonomy. However, i was expected to meet the supervisors expectations and surpass then. There was a lot of independence in task execution. I did meet the challenge.

At the time i joined Lakewood Church, there were no co-workers par-se and i was alone for most of my tenure.

The hardest part of the job was task execution especially with time constrains.

The most enjoyable part of the job was when i would actually execute the tasks assigned to me professionally and even get the feel of ownership in the successfully completed tasks.
Pros
personal advise from seniors, free lunch
Loved Working here
Daycare Provider (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 20, 2013
Working at lakewood was a refreshing experience, the staff is always up beat and freindly. the pay is not to bad as well as benefits.