Lakewood Health System Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
CNA review
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Staples, MNJanuary 25, 2018
It was a wonderful place to work, co workers were nice and management was good. They had a set schedule for everything which was nice. Being bath aide on weekends was nice to have the change up.
Pros
environment was nice
Cons
couldnt get along with other cnas.
Poor management
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Current Employee) –  Staples, MNDecember 4, 2017
Morale has really gone down hill. I used to enjoy going to work, then they restructure and added unnecessary administrative positions that pulled what we stood for apart. Very very poor management. Administrative personnel would “round” with us to see what works well, what isn’t going well, and would never follow up on concerns. Has really gone down hill and I’ve seen the most turnover in the last 3 months that I’ve ever witnessed in the 10 years I’ve worked here. Sad.
Was a very caring place
Guest Services\shoppe cashier (Former Employee) –  Staples, MNSeptember 13, 2017
Was an awesome place to work. Everyone was very caring and friendly. I had many friends in a short time there. Was sorry to leave but moved to a warmer climate.
Pros
Caring staff
Not a good place to work.
Environmental Services (Former Employee) –  Main campusSeptember 3, 2017
I was promised things that would have never happened to get me to accept the job.Very poor management that can't be trusted. The pay scale is based more on how close of friend you were with the manager then your skills.And that would also decide what shift you would get.
Pros
Lots of paid time off
Cons
Working for dishonest managers
Good place to work without children
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Staples, MNAugust 17, 2017
Loved working as a CNA here, but hard to do so once I became A mother because of the evenings and weekends requirements. I absolutely loved my residents, and LHS was always great about putting the patients first, that's where my heart is.
They put employees first.
EMT (Current Employee) –  Staples, MNJuly 28, 2017
They have a great mind set that happy employees work better then not happy employees and they work hard to keep everyone safe. Very forward thinking and great managers.
Not a good place to work
CNA (Current Employee) –  Staples, MNJuly 11, 2017
I wouldn't recommend this place to anyone really poor management and the Scheduler is awful to deal with sometimes they make you punch out even if your not done with your work so you don't get over time very rude
Pros
Pay
Cons
Poor management and staff.
Director of Nutrition Services (Current Employee) –  Staples, MNJuly 9, 2017
LHS is a good place to work; there are a lot of great employees and managers here. The upper level managers try to improve employee morale as much as they can; however, there are always employees that focus on the negative of everything. This is a great healthcare organization that really strives to provide the best for the community,
Great pay, very political
Scheduler/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Staples, MNJune 29, 2017
For a rural area Lakewood offers great wages, insurance not so good. For the most part, good place to work, but if you are not personally liked you will be pushed out the door. Most of the providers treat staff wonderfully but there are a couple who do not and because they bring in revenue it is accepted. Staff are asked to "low census" during slow times but many hang around doing nothing. During my 10 years of employment I observed a lot of employees working very hard to not work.
Pros
Nice facility, competitive pay
Cons
Staff are not accountable, nor held accountable, too many staff in some departments on hospital side
Too much down time
Car Van Driver (Former Employee) –  Staples, MNJune 6, 2017
When we had clients to transport job was good. Too much down time waiting for client trips. Good group of drivers-willing to help new employees. The worst part was trying to find something to do when there were no trips
Pros
out on the road- not sitting in the office
Cons
not enough client trips
good people, poor education opportunities
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Staples, MNMay 11, 2017
LHS has a great community. It' supportive and positive to be around. However, like most rural hospitals, educational opportunities aren't offered any more than what is required.
Job
LPN/Provider Nurse (Former Employee) –  Staples, MNApril 18, 2017
Great place to work and great doctors and other nurses. Kind and caring employees that try to show that others lives really matter. Very genuine and caring boss.
Great healthcare facility
Registered Nurse Senior Services Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Staples, MNMarch 1, 2017
Great place to work. They care about their patients and the MD's and wonderful. Occasionally a political organization but overall I would highly recommended it.
Just overall great place to work
Enviromental Services (Former Employee) –  Staples, MNDecember 12, 2016
Great place to work everyone is so freindly and helpful they made me feel like we were part of a family If wasn,t relocating I would work there forever!!!!
Pros
Great co workers
Cons
fun loving and energetic place
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Current Employee) –  Staples, MNSeptember 27, 2016
LHS is a great place to work. I have learned that its all about the pt and to Always do your best and pt's will appreciate you that much more. The hardest part of my job is telling pt's bad news. My coworkers are awesome and would love to take them with me wherever I go.
Great staff
Director of Clinic Nursing (Former Employee) –  Staples, MNOctober 8, 2014
Loved working with the staff at Lakewood. LHS has a culture of quality.
Rewarding, quality workplace
Resident Assistant (Current Employee) –  Staples, MNJune 24, 2014
The Lakewood Care Center is a patient-centered facility that seeks to maintain dignity and maximum functioning of the elderly population and vulnerable adults of central Minnesota. Staff are friendly, kind, and helpful. Standards of care are high, but the team work found at this facility makes achievement of these standards possible.
Local CAH
Outpatient Manager (Former Employee) –  Staples, MNOctober 3, 2013
Typically, I would check in with staff and see how things were going for the day and if they would need my assistance with patient care, so that I could plan accordingly. Then continue to work on my goals to improve workflow, hand off & transitions of care, patient satisfaction, employee engagement, patient safety culture assessment topics and quality measures.
I learned there are many aspects to running a business and though my passion is being an RN, I am thankful to have learned more of the business side.
My manager was a mentor, supportive, and able/willing to give me the feedback I needed in order to do my best to meet the needs of patients and the business.
My co-workers were team players who worked together to carry out the vision and mission of LHS.
The hardest part of my job was time to spend time with staff on a daily basis to create a culture of gratitude and support.
The most enjoyable part of my job was caring for patients and having them thank me when I felt thankful they let me care for them.
Pros
Flexibility in my hours, advancement opportunities, customer service.
Cons
Reduction in staffing hours..
A GREAT place to work! And the relationships established along the way are irreplacable!
LPN (Current Employee) –  Staples, MNOctober 18, 2012
I love working for Lakewood! It's like a second family! Some days can be rough, but that's with any job. Lakewood is a highly rated facility that strives to provide 5 star care 100% of the time.
Great for working with the senior population.
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Staples, MNOctober 10, 2012
Worked in a care center cooking and serving meals to the residents. Had to follow strict dietary menus and follow state guidelines for food service.
Pros
great job for working with people.
Cons
work every other weekend.