LaLa U.S. Inc Employee Reviews

Everyone within the plant itself are awesome people. It's corporate that makes it all suck.
Quality Assurance Technician (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJuly 19, 2019
No work/life balance at all. Slightly underpaid and way over worked. Be prepared for 50+ hours and no days off. Corporate would rather pay overtime than high enough people. They never even pay their bills on time.
Pros
Overtime (if you like that)
Cons
Barely any breaks, extremely long shifts, no work/life balance.
Management needs replaced
Yogurt operater (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEMay 17, 2019
This company needs to have their management replaced with people who know how to run a company.They need to hire enough people for the work load they expect the workers to sustain weekly.They work them 7days a week like dogs, and treat them poorly as well. People need a day or two of rest, their not machines.
Pros
Free boots or work shoes
Cons
Working 7days a week and being called lazy if you quit
Over work with no days off
Stacker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COMarch 16, 2019
When I first got my job for this company as a stacker they had told me that if you be at most 4 days a week 12 hour shifts then when I started to actually work I wasn't given a off day for 3 weeks working 50 hours or more a week. They told me at in interview that they care for their employees to have time for their own life but never gave the so called time off that was agreed on.
Pros
Cons
No off time for anything personal
Maintenance Mechanics
Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEFebruary 26, 2019
If you like working nonstop constantly getting barked at go work for LaLa. Zero PM’s are done. You’ll runs for a month to six weeks straight without the plant having an off day. The attendance is beyond strict, it runs on a point system. Omaha has seven inches of snow fall happen overnight and they pointed everybody that didn’t show up, it was a Sunday. Maintenance gets yelled at for being in the shop and are supposed to stand on the floor for the entire shift, they went as far as to have Maintenance sign documents agreeing to this as well as a document that stated you need permission to leave the floor for an reason. If you need a part you have to fill out a WO explaining why you needed in detail, explain the work done in detail and the root cause of why the part was needed. But you’re not supposed to be in the shop during your shift.
Pros
The maintenance supervisors two (not the manager) are amazing guys and are so knowledgeable.
Cons
The management team.
Toxic and Hostile Work Environment
Manager (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 14, 2018
Employee turnover is exceptionally high. It is unusual for an employee to last more than 2 years, whether due to being fired, laid off or leaving voluntarily. There is very little cooperation among departments. Each functional area has their own objectives, which are often conflicting with each other. There are very few subject matter experts working in middle to upper management positions. This leads to poor decision making, wasted resources and then misplaced blame when (not if) the results are poor. The outcome is deteriorated interpersonal relationships, a lot of backstabbing, utter demoralization and a culturally bankrupt environment. Finally, the company's financial performance is very poor. Employees are given unrealistic goals and expected to work relentlessly to chase the unattainable carrot that dangles in front of them. The cycle is perpetuated when the carrot isn't obtained. The result is a an extremely stressful and sometimes hostile work environment and a poor work/life balance.
Pros
above average compensation
Cons
listed in my review
Hostile environment
Warehouse/robotics Operator (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEOctober 13, 2018
Need to allow employees more times with their families spend too much time at work,
Need to initiate a preventive maintenance program so there won't be so much down time, that way the company doesn't have to run a 7-Day work week.
Pros
Nothing good about this company
Cons
Micromanagement
October 17, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. We care about our employees and understand the need for family time. The plant runs a normal 6-day operation and an occasional 7-day work week with the goal of being at a 5-day work week. Unfortunately in a manufacturing setting, the plant has to run to meet customer and consumer demands and running products with a short-shelf life can make that a challenge. This information is also communicated multiple times in the interview process. The plant has a preventative maintenance program but also needs downtime to make improvements and the plant is balancing the need to run and the need to make adjustments based on the customer and consumer demands.

Only thing good is compensation
Line Operator (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEOctober 10, 2018
OMG! This company needs to think about having positive peer sessions along with the daily reports. Mostly everyone is either on edge, about to go over, or trying to stay low from falling over the edge. There are no team practices preached. Felt like a rat race, when team spirit should be put in place. Supervisors got a long, but could tell there was friction between them. One supervisor in particular needs a social skills class on how to talk to employees.
If I would have been made to feel
valued, probably would have stayed a lot longer. Also, a lot of people have the Big I and little U attitude. Like, I already have about 5 bosses, I don't need 25 in one day/night! No love shown. Very cold place to be unhappy. Head manager ok though. #Now I can breathe easy...
Pros
compensation
Cons
Too many negative attitudes
October 17, 2018

We apologize for the experience you had and wish we would have had the opportunity to review and discuss your concerns more. The company has an expectation that everyone be treated professionally and with respect. We appreciate your feedback and will look into how we can make new employees feel more welcome as well as promoting an atmosphere of teamwork.

It was ok
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEAugust 23, 2018
Get rid of the point system . Stop over working like 7 days a week continuously. The work was easy but the company wants to over work employees. No personal time with family.
Pros
Drink/eat yogurt
Cons
Point system, work Sat/Sun
August 30, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. We agree that our products are the best and access to our products is a definite plus of working at Lala US. In reference to the point system, Absence Management is a necessary part of every operation and at our plant in Omaha, our system is negotiated with the union to ensure consistency. Excessive absences (even the absence of one team member) can affect our entire operation and our ability to meet the demands of our customers. Absenteeism can sometimes result in the need for extended hours of operation and it can add to the workload of the rest of the team. We admit to challenges surrounding our work schedules and are focused on improving operational efficiency. Therefore, reducing the reliance on overtime. To our current Omaha employees-Thanks for your continued patience and your contribution to our success!

Proactive in job assignments
Replenishment Manager (Current Employee) –  Bentonville ARAugust 13, 2018
Overall the job is great.

Current manager has really helped Dallas Home office to be proactive .

Feel should be some check and balances in SAP- Pricing etc.
August 14, 2018

Thank you for your comments. Your feedback is valued and will be shared. We are happy to hear that you enjoy your work at Lala and we want to thank you for your contribution to our continued success.

Good Culture
Administative Employee (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 10, 2018
This is a good company to work for. Nice work environment. Everyone treats each other with respect. Because it is a small company, you have the opportunity to interact with the executive team. Each member is very personable and approachable. We are currently focused on growing our brands in the U.S. and it is very exciting to see the results of the combined efforts of all our teams.
Pros
Good work life blend/Opportunities for growth
Cons
Company is new so still putting systems in place
August 30, 2018

discounts are okay
flexible schedule
fast paced
learn how to be fast
meet people from all over the world
It was great!
Yogurt Operator (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEJune 14, 2017
Working at Lala was just meh, A lot of favoritism and they can't keep people there for nothing. I didn't care for it too much.
The place is just down right not fair about anything.
I give it a half a bag of popcorn and 1 soda.
Overall, not my cup of tea at all.
Pros
Money
Cons
Everyone there
Good
Owner/President (Current Employee) –  Studio City, CAMarch 10, 2016
Typical day at work is energetic, learning what' new and what's old. . Enjoy creating projects with others. Leaving a great team of workers. Working with creative people.
Pros
Creating and writing different type of music/projects for the media.
Cons
Small operation
Fdldihfgd
IOYG;D (Former Employee) –  SD;IGDYHFebruary 22, 2016
Love tyhe job and want to amke more money and now they are asking me to do more works and I can not get a managet ro approve overtime
Company Aimed at Empowering College Women
Marketing & PR Rep (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MONovember 24, 2015
The Lala has been an excellent company to promote that I truly believe in. They create stories to uplift and empower college women. It is a fun brand to work for!
Wonderful
Quality Assurance Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEAugust 20, 2015
Best place ever to work. Great leaders all around along with a great work environment. With a lot of new things coming to this growing company. Would love to and recommend others to work there.
Respectable place to work at
Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Elk Grove Village, ILJune 9, 2015
Working at Lala Branded products was a great experience. My days were filled with work in all areas including data entry, accounts receivable/payable, daily reports, etc. Thus, my days would come and go extremely fast. I enjoyed working with everyone there. We worked together as a team and learned to care for each other very much. Had they not shut the company down, I would have retired working there.
Pros
Work atmosphere was casual and calm.
Cons
The company had to shut down
fun place to work at
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Elk Grove Village, ILJune 5, 2013
every thing was fine until they removed the previous executive team.
the new executive team did not know the Chicago market
Pros
good product and the Chicago team was excellent to work with
Cons
corporate management was unprepared to take the Chicago market to the next level
Fun work place
Bi-lingual Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJuly 26, 2012
Nice environment, nice coworkers, good communication with customers/ coworkers.