Lam Research Employee Reviews

Good place to earn experience but hard to move up
Production Test Technician (Current Employee) –  Tualatin, ORNovember 7, 2018
Not a so stressful place to work, good benefits and ok pay but you can't move up unless you kiss a... or have really good connections. This place almost never lays off their regular full time employees, unless you screwed up badly and get fired. The starting pay is ok but as you move on, living expenses increase but your raise can't compete with it
Pros
Paid lunch, good benefits, not stressful, job security
Cons
Poor management, low pay raise, schedule might not work for everyone, unfair treatments depend on your connections
Cooperative work environment
Test Technician (Current Employee) –  Tualatin, ORNovember 6, 2018
A typical day at work starts with a morning meeting and review of manufacturing progress. Expectations are set and as the day goes on communication of disturbances is encouraged to manage those expectations. Each day presents it's own unique set of challenges. Management is open and looks at those challenges as opportunities to improve the manufacturing process and is receptive to suggestions .

I have learned much about the fabrication of semiconductor capital equipment.

Work place culture matches the espoused values of the company the vast majority of the time. Expectations align with those values and positive action is rewarded.

The hardest part of the job is the hours of the shift work, although for others it is preferable to a regular work week.

The most enjoyable part of the job is my team and my department. I work with good people.
Pros
Good team, good people, reasonable expectations.
Cons
Cost of living to pay, means living paycheck to paycheck or accruing annual debt to survive.
Teamwork
Process Modular Test Technician (Former Employee) –  Livermore, CAOctober 30, 2018
Everyone on my shift helped out. During 12hrs shift techs will start the module, troubleshoot if need be, and complete module at the time allowed. Most of the techs I worked with have vast knowledge of the products.
I would recommend Lam Research
REGIONAL FIELD SERVICE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CAOctober 27, 2018
Very high paced environment. Work is very fulfilling and the treatment of employees is second to none. Communication from the executive level on down is better than I have seen elsewhere.
Hard to recommend
Assembly Technician 2 (Former Employee) –  Tualatin, OROctober 23, 2018
Too much expansion to the point of peoples jobs being at risk due to lack of work. When there is work its stressful,fast paced,which makes everyone's attitude reflect it.
Good benefits, bad everything else
ASSEMBLER II (Current Employee) –  Tualatin, OregonOctober 18, 2018
The benefits are decent for the job, but I desire more advancement. This is something that rarely happens in this organization. If you need a job and they are hiring they will pay you reasonably, but do not expect to move beyond the entry level position. I was given an "opportunity" to help the supply chain for six months with the possibility to move into that department. At the end of my term the company had downsized that department and I was sent back to assembly. In that time they also terminated hundreds of temp workers. It's sad that the company throws it's workers under the bus when times get tough. Management is almost completely removed from the actual happenings on the assembly floor, and when notified about issues very little is done to rectify those issues unless they directly effect the product. They have a list of core values that they seem to disregard on a daily basis, and that level of hypocrisy is infuriating.
Pros
cheap food and good benefits
Cons
no advancement, no culture
Terrible follow through from management
Technician assembly (Former Employee) –  Tualatin, OROctober 18, 2018
This company is terrible to work for. Management promises the world and then never does what is promised. There is favoritism that causes more qualified persons to lose out on advancement.
An Average work day at Lam
Test Technician II (Former Employee) –  Tualatin, OROctober 11, 2018
It was a very technical job. However, for anyone with a technical background the job was manageable. The only drawback for myself was working in manufacturing, which can be repetitive.
Maturing company
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Tualatin, OROctober 9, 2018
Great at designing and manufacturing equipment. Poor at developing and using efficient business processes.

the quick brown fox jumped over the lazy dog.
good
Data Science Intern (Former Employee) –  Tualatin, OROctober 4, 2018
Great Experience, Supporting, I don't have a lot of paid work experience. I have spent most of my time outside of college and graduate school doing volunteer work at a private elementary school in my town. Because the summers are so short, and I was working to complete my certification, I wanted to gain hands-on experience without worrying about finding a school that would hire me. Now that I am certified, finished with my master's degree program, and have all those volunteer hours under my belt, I feel well prepared to take on a full-time.
The workplace was good and enjoyable.
Engineer Tech (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CASeptember 25, 2018
A typical day at work would be building prototypes of new semiconductors. I learned how to work with people such as engineer design groups. The management was above average. The workplace culture was good. The people were nice and kind. The hardest part of the job was troubleshooting. The most enjoyable part was the discounted lunch for the employees.
Pros
Discount lunch
Cons
health care, sick days
Fast-paced work environment
Process Engineering Technician (Current Employee) –  Tualatin, ORSeptember 25, 2018
Fast-paced work environment. As a process engineering technician you are responsible for the operation of multiple deposition tools and have to report back to several process engineers. The fact that the job is in research and development makes it less monotonous but since you are playing a supporting role, the decision-making part of the job is done by higher-ups.
Nice co-worker to work with
Material handler (Former Employee) –  Tualatin, ORSeptember 17, 2018
Working at LAM Research, was fun and had a lot of new experiences and challenging, but there was only one thing that, I am don't like is the management. They didn't see who's hard worker and keep making new rules that doesn't no help the company and worker.
Poor forcasting was hired and layed off four months later
EXPEDITOR/RETURN MATERIAL MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Tualatin, ORSeptember 17, 2018
They should manage there forecasting better in order to headhunting employees and laying them off shortly after. Employees are the last thing on there core values for sure.
Lam Research
Assembler II (Former Employee) –  Tigard, ORSeptember 15, 2018
Lots of hard work rework and fixing mistakes. Job security is non existent unless directly hired through LAM. Otherwise you'll be employed by a Temp agency and become a contracted worker.
Pros
Cons
Lots
Great environment
NPI Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Fremont, CASeptember 6, 2018
Working at Lam has been extremely beneficial. Very friendly and willing to help achieve company goals Management works hard to provide every tool needed to help you make your job proficient.
Pros
shuttle
daily
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CASeptember 4, 2018
Lam Research was a great opportunity to work. I was contracting for about 6 months then laid off due to cutbacks. During the time I was there had a great experience and was able to gain new skills. They always something new to learn. They always had opportunities take classes and learn new skills.
Pros
Opportunity to grow
Cons
Cutbacks
Teamwork
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Tualatin OregonSeptember 2, 2018
Everyone in the production side works together as a team and is willing to help one another. There is many ways to learn new things here and escalate your career
Pros
Good friends
Cons
Clean room gowns
Room to move around and room for advancement with a competitive feel
Manager: Project Engineering (Current Employee) –  Tualatin, ORAugust 29, 2018
One of Lam's core values is "Where successful people want to work". This notion is embedded in the culture. This allows for strong employees to find their chance to grow. It also breeds a competitive work environment where comparing your performance to others and staying ahead of the game is key.
Pros
Career Advancement, Compensation, Flexible Hours
Cons
Competitiveness, Large Company has many process standards
Good Workplace
SBM (Supply Chain Business Manager) (Current Employee) –  Livermore, CAAugust 21, 2018
Very good and collaborative culture. Fast paced, and my role had a lot of power and decision making authority. This place is a great place to grow a career in

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lam Research. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP15%
In the Top 15% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Lam Research.

Powered by Comparably