Play YouTube video button
70Average

Lam Research Employee Reviews

United States411 reviews
Featured review
Lam Research selected this as a representative review
Working at Lam
Lam Research is a great place to work! Amazing people guided by solid core values. It is fun to be directly involved in cutting edge technology that will change the world as we know it.
Teenage company facing puberty
The company has a strong value proposition with great market penetration but is young in its processes and organizational structure. Senior management struggles with cyclical nature of business, they are in a perpetual state of reaction. Serous lack of focus on improving the overall value stream. Great small company trying to be big but cant get out of its own way.
I truly enjoy working at Lam
I’ve been at Lam for 19 years and it’s had its ups and downs. Like any company it has its issues, but I’ve always enjoyed Lam. I’ve had opportunities to succeed (or fail) and out my stamp on the company. When I’ve failed, I was asked why it happened, how do you think you could’ve done things different, how do we prevent that in the future.
Just fair
Management is not care who you are
Did not care employees did not provide tools to you and always listen existing old timely employees or listen to your voices
Good place to work in
Leave a review. Help people like you.
Good company to work for
I loved working here. This is a great company to work for. They lead the market and take care of their employees. They used to have a gym but unfortunately they got rid of it.
Good company
Company is fast paced and has some opportunity for advancement. Issues are work closely linked to customer needs and expectations to improve are generally in your hands to improve
Loved it at LAM!
Where to start...in summary when everyone is happy at work you know its a great place...I was happy there as were 98% of everyone there. Great place. I'd work there again in the future.
Good
Good job and learn how to train on a lift machine and organize things
Great environment to work in and the other employees are awesome to work with. O
Productive and fun work place
Nice, Intelligent, smart, friendly and fun people work with. Good environment and culture. Great technology. Good benefits. It's a pleasure working in such a company.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Lam Research?
This is a great company with friendly workers.
I work in this company for almost two years. I like working there because the majority of workers were friendly. Also everything is clean and secured.
productive
Great company, great culture and overall great experience. Everyone in the company is incredilby welcoming with open arms and its a fast pace environment if you're looking to kick off your sales career
I would not recommend employment at Lam.
This is a results oriented company that is not concerned with the HOW you get the results. The culture is not about people or employees. While they have great benefits, how they treat their employees is unprofessional.
Poor Work/Life Balance
This company cares more about stock price than employee satisfaction. Unrealistic goal setting. Directors and above have all the power.
Plus - salary is good and benefits are excellent.
Great Company
If you want to be with a company that is growing then you have found it. They seem to be a the front of the industry and promote good people. I would do it again.
Pros
Great pay
It is a great company to work for
It's a great company to work for. They allow you to grow. They are a family company and what I mean by that is that they make you feel like family. And give you every opportunity to grow and advance.
Family is the most important thing at Lam. They really take care of you when it counts. Management has your back. The open door policy really does exist, without negative consequences.
Pros
Co-workers are there for you
Cons
A little to liberal for my taste
Beware of morale, but benefits are great
The department I work in is non-technical within Supply Chain. I've had several years of experience in multiple departments including manufacturing. Overall company mission (Customer, Company, Individual) is dated and obviously hinders morale. Pilot department practices are dated and standard or newer procedures are disregarded or not implemented because "it's pilot". Lately there has been a push to engage and improve employee conditions with a revamp of the HR department, but it feels like another way to cover tracks. Benefits are great, and the flexibility when needed is nice, but not worth the constant negative morale.
Too quiet
Workplace resembles a desert....dry and lifeless. Too many restrictions followed by scrutiny towards the amount of work being accomplished. Can be frustrating.
Pros
Flex hours
Cons
cultural communication barriers
Innovated and great benefits
All employees receive bonuses and stocks, unlike many companies out there that only offer this reward to executive team. Company has great benefits, advancement opportunities, and clear direction of where the company is going.
Semiconductor company
Good place to work, if you like working minimum 50 hours a week.Super high paced industry, that even through downturns keeps the workforce leans and extremely busy.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lam Research. Our community is ready to answer.
Diversity score
out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP40%
In the Top 40% of similar size companies
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Lam Research.