Lam Research Employee Reviews

Good rules and regulations
Contract-permanent, Supplier Quality Engineer (Current Employee) –  Fremont, CAJuly 6, 2018
I work here for 3 years. Lam Research established good rules and regulations that prevent unnecessary conflicts between teams. Customer services, quality products, teams work are the goals at Lam Research. Lam Research invests in training employee's to achieve the goals.
Pros
Lam Research is a great company with great culture
Cons
Lam Research does not provide lunch as Facebook, Yahoo, Google
Okay place to work
Final Test Technician III (Current Employee) –  Tualatin, ORJuly 5, 2018
Management is not up front and is extremely last minute on decisions. Benefits are great if you can put up with management's schemes and lies. Job security, in this industry your job is not safe.
Pros
Benefits, the work itself is engaging
Cons
Hours, Management, traffic in the area
good and not
Senior IT Support (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CAJuly 5, 2018
some of the best people to work with good perks and bonuses. the traffic in the Fremont is some of the worst I have seen. The

Livermore location is the best place to work.
Pros
People
Cons
My Managers
Geat place to work for someone with minimum experience in semiconductor industries
Sabre Final Test Technician (Former Employee) –  Tualatin, ORJuly 1, 2018
I enjoyed troubleshooting and gained experience reading and tracing schematics. Tough crowd to work with. Incosistent expectations. Poor leads evaluation/selection. Poor code of conduct among employees. Great Supervisor with poor support from upper managment. Team work non-existence.
Pros
paid lunch time
Cons
Working long hours; Reactive Management; Lack of proper training (tools, conduct, teamwork...)
Very friendly environment where company really takes care of their employees.
Manufacturing Quality Assurance (Current Employee) –  Tualatin, ORJune 28, 2018
Very friendly environment where company really takes care of their employees. You rarely find unhappy full time employees here at Lam.
However, Manufacturing Quality Assurance division has less visibility within other manufacturing group mainly because MQA middle management is empowered by other associated group.
Lam preaches that company's product quality resides the future of our company, but yet, product quality is second matter to department's milestone.
Pros
Very friendly environment where company really takes care of their employees.
Cons
Company's product quality is second to department
Great community with a cutthroat hiring policy
Machine Assembler (Current Employee) –  Livermore, CAJune 23, 2018
Unless your best friends with your lead and and other supervisors, you can expect a droning experience at LAM research. you need to Master every single Op in your line before being considered to become a "Blue badge" which is still not a guarantee. some ppl have spent 3 years of there lives working temps w/o benefits here even coming back after their contract has expired. goodluck if you have the patience and stamina to pursue this as a career
Pros
occasional free lunches, lenient breaks
Cons
contract work, low median pay, company atmosphere
Lam Reaserch
Final Test Technician (Former Employee) –  Tualatin, ORJune 23, 2018
The job was great but due to a major customer going back on their order of tools the whole factory is in a shut down mode.i worked with tools to get them tested so no defects were found, and if there were we would fix then so the customer would have a fully operational tool arriving to them and would be ready to produce micro-chips.
Company business roller coasters every year, busy to not busy and back
Product Test Technician (Current Employee) –  Tualatin, ORJune 20, 2018
My typical day at work is that I come in at 5 am and clock in, then I dress up in full clean room gown and go to my work zone. I get a passdown on what has been accomplished during the night shift and then I pick up where they left off. I have learned that nothing is perfect and that there are flaw every step of the way, some issues can be solved at the technician level, others cannot be solved. The management has been very good, I know who my supervisors are and they care about how well I do. The hardest part of my job is following instructions that are not very clear. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to solve some troubleshooting problems that others might not be able to.
Pros
Great campus, the cafe is wonderful. People are friendly, great teamwork on the floor
Cons
Horrible instructions for building the tool, not a very constant work pace.
Pay is good
Senior Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Tualatin, ORJune 17, 2018
Pay is good, which makes it difficult to leave. Some groups are decent but other groups need significant improvement. Extremely long hours with no appreciation for the effort.
Livermore Engineering group is not run by a professional.
Sr. Manufacturing Engineer (Former Employee) –  Livermore, CAJune 15, 2018
Livermore plant is not a good place to work. Bad hours, managed by a liar. After two years of working from 6:00 pm to 6:00 there is nothing good about this company that I can point out.
Pros
Cons
Not a place even to consider driving around (Livermore plant)
Great environment not great for contract work
Facilities and Setup Technician (Former Employee) –  Tualatin, ORJune 14, 2018
Amazing group of people, very nice company. Even though it was a 24 hour operation everyone gets two days off for thanksgiving and Christmas. I was laid off do to lack of work because i was a contractor. They blindly laid off some great workers with no notice. They even promised us the week before they were not doing lay offs, beware of that. Otherwise they pay well, are very open to raises and have lots of room to grow and succeed. Try to get hired on as a LAM employee, then you get vacation pay.
Quick Pace
Spares Escalation Manger World Wide (Former Employee) –  Livermore, CAJune 11, 2018
Very Dynamic environment. Depending on the position. Family orientated, sometimes that is a good thing and a bad thing, Having family members there you are subjected to faster advancement, again a good thing or a bad thing for the individual that has been his time in.
Pros
People are willing to help
Cons
Family Conrolled
Cultural
Talent Acquisition Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CAJune 6, 2018
The Cultural is not balanced and it's not a friendly work environment if your use to speaking to people daily.

Your day is very busy from morning until you go home.
I learned to cover all bases with your work.
The hardest part of the job was to complete everything at the end of the day and bring it home.

The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing your helping people get jobs and answering all their questions and their happy.
Pros
Work Remote from home
Cons
Cultural
Lam is one of the best to work for
Continuous Improvement Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Tualatin, ORJune 4, 2018
I am a temp employee here at Lam. I really enjoy the environment on my shift. Most of the folks I work with are fantastic and fun to work with. The work is interesting and sometimes rather challenging.
Pros
Free lunch to night shifters, benefits, fun place to work
Cons
Cafe is expensive
Not balanced/not rewarding
PROCESS ENGINEER (Current Employee) –  USAJune 3, 2018
Work load depends on group but overal it is very demanding and there is no reward. Other semiconductor companies would pay a lot more for same load of work.
Very rare to find good managers
Pros
good benefits
Cons
bad management, not rewarding, not good career plan
Test Technican
Test Technician (Current Employee) –  Hillsboro, ORMay 26, 2018
Lam research is a great place to work at. Fun ways to learn new things about how new technology chips are made and what tools contribute in making them.
Pros
Pay, days off, laid back
Cons
management, working hours
Productive and fast environment
Test Technician (Former Employee) –  Tualatin, ORMay 25, 2018
Overall, It is average company to work for. It is production work building tools for semiconductor industries. Management, workplace culture are OK. I have learned a lot of new experience at Lam.
Pros
More days off.
Cons
Work long 12 hours.
cool perks
Auditor/Consolidator (Former Employee) –  Tualatin, OR 97062May 21, 2018
If you are not liked by the manager, good luck being hired on. There's alot of favoritism. Some leads are lazy. Supervisors can't take care of their jobs. Managers are biased and dont really care about you.
Pros
Free shirts and all
Cons
lots of favoritism
Innovative Place to Work
Configuration Engineer 1 (Former Employee) –  Tualatin, ORMay 16, 2018
With the helpful people around me I would say my time at Lam Research was great. I was able to accomplish a lot and feel like I made a significant impact.
decent when there was work
ASSEMBLER 1 (Former Employee) –  Tualatin, ORMay 16, 2018
there was not much available work during my tenure.most days wer spent looking for things to do or being sent to unfamiliar areas. the communication between different levels of managment and the floor staff was dismal.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lam Research. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.9InHerSight Score

4.1Personal Development

3.9Career Opportunities

3.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight