Lam Research Employee Review

View all Lam Research reviews

High tech results driven
Staff Engineer (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAMarch 10, 2014
Lam Research is a high tech company driven by results and a strong desire to appeal to its customers. The company is very aware of its market position and maintains an aggressive and effective program to ensure and or promote market place dominance. The bonus rewards are good for employees. The strategy for excellence is depends on brute force as much as on wisdom or creativity. Long hours are expected, and short hours, i.e. less than 50 hours per week do not lead to good reviews. The majority of fellow employees and managers are top notch and great to work with. The stated core values are excellent, but their implementation is inconsistent and subject to politics. One senior director stated that "we don't need smart people - just ones who will work hard."
Pros
Good coworkers, good bonus for industry, good benefits
Cons
Long hours, politics, manager-subordinate disputes poorly handles

Other Lam Research Employee Reviews

cool perks
Auditor/Consolidator (Former Employee) –  Tualatin, OR 97062May 21, 2018
If you are not liked by the manager, good luck being hired on. There's alot of favoritism. Some leads are lazy. Supervisors can't take care of their jobs. Managers are biased and dont really care about you.
Pros
Free shirts and all
Cons
lots of favoritism
Innovative Place to Work
Configuration Engineer 1 (Former Employee) –  Tualatin, ORMay 16, 2018
With the helpful people around me I would say my time at Lam Research was great. I was able to accomplish a lot and feel like I made a significant impact.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lam Research. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

70out of 100

The Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Lam Research.

Powered by Comparably