Lamar Advertising Company Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Digital Charting Manager (Former Employee) –  Pearl, MSMarch 31, 2018
Great place to work. Great benefits- paid time off, 401K, healthcare, and stock options. Only left because we had to relocate due to my spouse's career
decent job
Billboard Sign Installer (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMMarch 30, 2018
it can be a great job if they started you out at 13.00 and hour with raises every 6 months but they don't. They give raises annually and its in the .25 cent range. Lots of job duties inside and outside for only 11 dollars an hour. My manager was cool and its a chill environment but you do have to travel and stay in hotels once a week if they ask you too. A lot of hard labor for little pay with a chance of the guy above you quits so you can move up positions.
benefits
Cons
hard labor. have to go out of town
Work and have fun!
Sales Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORMarch 28, 2018
Work can be stressful but fun if you are commissioned sales person. Environment is low-key, but professional. Lamar creates a fun culture and pay competitive salary.
Pros
Days of for 4th of July and Christmas - Company Paid
Cons
Does not use progressive technology
Would not recommend.
Billboard Installer (Former Employee) –  Eugene, ORMarch 19, 2018
Management is very poor. The pay is good for the area. The benefits are mediocre at best. For example, a teeth cleaning and 2 fillings at the dentist still left me with roughly $350 in dental bills. The hours are much longer than initially disclosed. High turnover due to poor management.
Pros
Pay for the area
Cons
Management is poor, benefits don't cover most services, irregular hours
Official response from Lamar Advertising Company
March 23, 2018

Thank you for the feedback. Lamar values all employee input to help us better the workplace. We offer a competitive and comprehensive benefits package for all full-time employees.

Again, thank you for your feedback, and we wish you the best in your future endeavours.

A great place to work
Office Manager/Bookkeeper (Former Employee) –  Carbon Cliff, ILMarch 19, 2018
This job was fast paced and fun. The corporate office was always willing to help and did so with kindness. The employee's here were great! The entire team was a delight to get to know and work with.
Lamar is very supportive
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Transit Division, Portland ORMarch 9, 2018
For as big as they are Lamar still treats employees like family. Lamar also has tremendous resources and very helpful marketing support for sales people. I appreciate the constant encouragement from all levels of management.
Pros
lots of built in days off around holidays
The Sky is the Limit
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Macon, GaMarch 9, 2018
Your hard work can actually pay off, you get paid based on your success in sales.
If you are self motivated and hard working, this is the job for you.
Solid Company with Great Benefits
AE inLas Vegas & Market Manager - Transit (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NV & Eugene, OregonMarch 9, 2018
Lamar is a great place to work if you are self motivated, goal driven and enjoy working with people, both cutomers and co-workers. Lamar strives to ensure you have all the tools and knowledge to give you the ability to perform at your hightest capabilty. Company support for employees outside the work environment is outstanding. At times it truly feels like family. In the 17+ years I have worked for the company, the dissapoitments have been few.
Pros
Good Friday Off! Generous Holiday Schedule. Good Benefits
Cons
Work Load can be heavy at times and responsibilties can fluid and cover a wide spectrum
Build Something Great
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 9, 2018
Working in the Airport Division has given me a lot of perspective into a great company. Lamar Airport Advertising utilizes a lot of new technologies to enhance the work flow from sales generation to the implementation of the advertising campaigns in the airports. There is a plethora of resources that can be leveraged to make your life much simpler. The people are awesome and are always helpful.

From my perspective, the management team is great, when you speak with them. I feel they mainly steer clear and allow you the autonomy to handle your own job, unless there is something that requires more attention.

I will mention that this is not a company for the faint of heart, you will earn your keep through a lot of hours and communication with various departments. That being said, it is FUN! When I am done with the day, I am happy to say that I am part of a team that makes true strides to be an innovator in the industry.

In this, the newest division of Lamar, I believe we are building something that has many opportunities for growth.
Pros
Health Benefits, Great Management, Learning Opportunities
Cons
Paperwork (lots of it)
Great company, benefits, pay and very good people throughout, especially the management.
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Paducah, KYMarch 9, 2018
I highly recommend Lamar Advertising. Very good atmosphere, support and management. Very good pay, benefits and as an employee you are part of the Lamar Family and we take care of each other from plant to plant.
Pros
Support from management, pay, benefits, atmosphere
Unique industry and a family company
Real Estate Manager (Current Employee) –  York/LancasterMarch 9, 2018
With my job, there's a sense of pride and enjoyment that I get to experience from start to finish with each project. I enjoy that there are no two days alike and is an unique industry which provides me a challenging, creative workplace. The employees are all helpful and everyone is willing to help each other out when asked. I plan to be here until retirement!
Pros
Offers many benefits
Cons
The work-life balance
A relaxed environment with a great team!
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Interstate Logos - WIsconsinMarch 9, 2018
Granted, my time with Lamar has been short thus far, but I don't plan on going anywhere anytime soon. Lamar is a fantastic company that takes care of its employees and shows gratitude whenever possible.

The workplace is a constantly moving machine, but with the great team I have and the relaxed atmosphere, my days go by fast without stress. If I ever need help with anything...if there is too much on my plate for one day, someone helps without a second thought. And there is a chain of accountability for everything. One thing cannot be done unless another piece of the puzzle is completed, which is great. The team attitude is strong here. And I love that.

If you're looking for a company with whom you'd receive career longevity, immense support, and great people...Lamar is the place for you!
Great company functions (though not at this CA plant/office).
Operations Mgr. (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAMarch 8, 2018
Overworked, very poor management👎 (mainly General Mgr.) raises were never given 2 management personnel. I truly believe CEO/owners need to know this!
Pros
Got to see approx. 70% of this lovely state.
Cons
Very poor management (specifically the General Mgr.).
Each office is operated by a different GM....That makes a difference
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAFebruary 19, 2018
Each office is operated by a different GM, so not everything is equal. With that said Lamar is an overall descent place to work. Had I'd been given the opportunity to work from home, at least 1-2 days a week, I'd still be there.
Cons
wasn't able to work from home like some other people could
Small Office
Sales & Campaign Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MOFebruary 11, 2018
Small office environment with the benefits of a national company. Most of the employees have been with the company for over 15 years which being a small office makes advancing difficult unless willing to relocate.
Pros
Nice people
Cons
Advancement opportunities low
Stable, no advancement opportunity
Real Estate Manager (Current Employee) –  OhioFebruary 8, 2018
Stable, no advancement opportunity. Paid time off/vacation time is lacking. Only considered part of the team is you are a member of the sales staff. Management is a surprise on a daily basis
Official response from Lamar Advertising Company
March 15, 2018

We appreciate the feedback! Lamar values all employee input to help us better the workplace. Once an employee is with the company for five years, they receive additional vacation time. We also allow employees to “rollover” 5 days of unused vacation to the next year.

At Lamar, every employee plays an important role in our company's success. We encourage you to keep an eye on the Internal Job Listings page and the Lamar Work For Us page for growth opportunities beyond your current location. If you are unable to relocate, we recommend discussing ways to enrich your job with your General Manager.

Again, thank you for your feedback!

Fun Environment
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Abilene, TXFebruary 7, 2018
Was always exciting coming to work. Manager's made work fun with jokes and cutting up. Always something different each day. Work life ballance was GREAT!
Great Company with Great Leaders
Business Manager (Current Employee) –  Providence, RIJanuary 31, 2018
What's great about Lamar (among other things) is that even though its considered a corporation that has guidelines to follow, it also allows each plant to run with more autonomy than any other corporate environment I've ever been exposed to. They trust their management is doing what needs to be done and allows the numbers and productivity to speak for itself. Its refreshing.
Pros
Family oriented
I have written a review on here before so to reiterate what I previously wrote:
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 26, 2018
The biggest problems on the sales team are the sales manager and the assistant sales manager, it used to be the GM but luckily he is no longer with the company. I haven't worked here in over a year so I cannot fairly say what it is like now that a major change in leadership has been made. Great co-workers and management cared a lot about what was right for the customer and doing the right things for our customers.
Pros
great people
Cons
Horrible bosses
christmas bonus
build board installer (Current Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXJanuary 5, 2018
it is a really good company to work for 7 to 3:30 job mon thru friday the managment is good everyday work in heights .................................
Pros
great place to work guarented 40 hrs
Cons
during summer very hot and winter very cold work outside

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lamar Advertising Company. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.8InHerSight Score

2.7Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

2.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight