Lamar Advertising Company Employee Reviews

excellent mamangers and opportunities
New Business Development Territory Manager (Former Employee) –  paNovember 16, 2018
great training
great product
set you up for growth and success
interested in ongoing development of staff
great work life balance
overall environment excellent
cant say enough of the training
highest level of technology for training and development
Productive Place to work
Account Consultant (Current Employee) –  De Pere, WINovember 6, 2018
wonderful place to work! day to day consists of cold calling for potential billboard clients and the market is fairly small about a two hour radius, and there are 1200 billboards in that territory!
Pros
Team environment
Cons
no promotions internally usually outside hires
Decent Place to Work
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMNovember 1, 2018
Lamar Advertising was a decent place to work. It was a small office. Management was nice however, not as open to new ideas. There was not a lot of recognition for doing a good job.
Account Management
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKSeptember 22, 2018
Lamar is a great company that offers you the tools needed to work and earn new book of business.
Priorities include:
Implementing and tailoring best advertising strategies to increase client revenue by creating awareness and call to action strategies.
Filtering appropriate advertising with in markets.
Earning new business and retaining current clientele.
Discovering proper target markets that will result in best ROI for clients advertising campaign.
Educating business owners on advertising products offered.
Managing and executing campaign deadlines.
Keeping up with client collection payments.
Has been a great place to work
Senior Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Terre Haute, INSeptember 5, 2018
Overall good. After happily working for the company several years in many positions, Sales has been the most rewarding and the most challenging. Would recommend a career at Lamar.
Many catered lunches and bonus days when we hit our budgets.
Senior Account Executive/Sales (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 29, 2018
A typical day starts out with checking emails and following up with clients from the previous day. Then out the door around 10am to start making calls in the Indianapolis market. We have a weekly meeting on Monday and Thursday to know what is posting and to let management know what we are bringing in for the week / month.
I've learned the more calls you make, the more successful you will be selling outdoor advertising.
The hardest part of my job is that we are a singular sales organization. We only sell Outdoor Advertising, and many clients are looking at digital advertising as a way to get there message out to clients.
I truly believe in our product as I have seen it work in the many years I have been selling it.
Pros
Long daily commute
Cons
Limited inventory in some parts of Central Indiana.
One of the best companies to work.
Sr. Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLAugust 27, 2018
I enjoyed being able to help businesses grow and dealing with decision makers. Took pride in recommending the best options for their advertising budget and giving creative suggestions. Another highlight of being an account manager with Lamar was working with potential political candidates and getting involved in many of the public service/ non profit organizations.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
loss of a sale or client
Great Place to Work
Operator I (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLAugust 24, 2018
Great Place to Work, but after management would recognize how hard you were working, you still wouldn't get a raise, even after promised annual raises.
Pros
great team atmosphere, team outings, interesting work
Cons
work can be grueling, pay
Productive but fun work environment
Graphic Designer (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAAugust 20, 2018
I loved going to work in the graphics department. Peers are encouraged to share tips and help each other continue to develop their skills. Workplace can be a little cliquish, but overall a positive environment.
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  York, PAAugust 20, 2018
This is a very good company with a great culture. The employees have a lot of tenure. My only criticism was the pay was not high enough. They have great products and they are priced fairly. There billboards are usually the best placed and kept in the market.
Pros
Employees, benefits, 401K, great products
Cons
Low pay
Boys Club
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALAugust 17, 2018
The sales team is nice but poor support given to them. The office is very low-tech with no CRM for sales reps. Extremely superficial people.
Office staff was very friendly.
Pros
Employee company parties
Cons
Hard to fit in.
October 1, 2018

Thank you for your feedback! Lamar values input that helps us better the workplace for our employees. As an Affirmative Action company, it’s our mission to foster an inclusive and supportive work environment at all stages of employment. We wish you all the best with your future endeavours.

Unethical
Construction (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYAugust 14, 2018
If your willling to work your butt off for minimum wage with no way to excel. This is the job for you. Daily work isn’t split evenly. Once you show you can work harder then everyone else. There’s no benefit! Just a bigger work load and high expectations. Climb heights up to 200ft middle of winter and wind blowing 25mph in sub zero temps. If you don’t complete your job expectations. Your questioned and scrutinized every time. Work life balance? They don’t pay enough for anyone to endanger themselves on a daily basis when majority of structures haven’t been inspected since they were built. Trust me. Don’t buy into the whole union concept either it’s a bigger joke then the new gm
Pros
Outside daily
Cons
No once truly cares about your well being
September 5, 2018

Thank you for the feedback. Lamar values all employee input to help us better the workplace, and we have addressed these concerns with local management.

We offer competitive pay well above minimum wage for all levels of employees, and we also provide training/certification wage increases for Lamar-sponsored training at this location. Safety comes first at Lamar for both our employees and the communities we serve; we encourage you to raise any safety concerns with local management.

Fun environment with perks
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Palm Springs, CAAugust 9, 2018
Account management, customer service and business responsibilities that include; generating sales leads, providing proposals, preparing marketing material and advertising plans. Responsible to establish new accounts, expand existing accounts and build relationships that increase revenue. Build and develop long term advertising relationships that support Lamar Advertising.
Pros
Car allowance & Cell phone
Cons
Takes a long time to make good money
Fast pace and a fun place to work.
Account Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Gary, INJuly 31, 2018
I really enjoyed my 10 years at Lamar. I was hired in as a Senior Marketing Coordinator in the Chicago office. Then moved to the Gary office and my title changed to Account Coordinator. It was great to see how all of the steps that it takes to get the billboards on the streets. Super fun!!! I enjoyed all of my co-workers and loved how we worked together as a team.
Pros
Fruit every Monday
Boring job, Gossip spewing staff
Sales & Marketing Assistant (Former Employee) –  East Providence, RIJuly 31, 2018
Never enough work to keep busy for 8 hrs a day. Very competitive staff. A lot of water cooler talk (gossip), which made for some very uncomfortable situations
solid company to work for
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, CAJuly 30, 2018
very structural company to be apart. It provides a solid amount of sales training and resources for their sales people to excel and pitch the product in a very effective manner.
Not worth it in the long run
Crew maintenance associate (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALJuly 19, 2018
The financial compensation isn't worth the stress and lack of care for employees. The ops manager couldn't care less about his crew. Only pretends for the boss to care. The work load isn't split evenly and drug use is swept under the road. Rules don't apply to everyone that works there. Search somewhere else. I left a good career to come here and I regret giving this company time and money.
August 1, 2018

We offer competitive wages for all levels of employees, and we’ve confirmed with our Compensation team that our Mobile office is paying competitively within the market.

We follow a strict drug-testing policy to ensure we provide a safe and healthy work environment. Safety comes first at Lamar for both our employees and the communities we serve.

Good Company
Office Manager/Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Sauk Rapids, MNJuly 19, 2018
Lamar Advertising is a great company to work for. The local office cares about their employees and is always looking out for your best interest. Good company with good benefits.
great job for my analytical skills but pay was low
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rocky Mount, NCJune 25, 2018
loved doing accounts payable and answering phone and keeping office clean, great job for an analytical and organized person like myself but they do not pay well at all
Great Company
Graphic Design Intern (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLMay 28, 2018
Lamar is one of the best companies I have ever worked for. They have a great group of Senior Designers who spend time training the new designers right. And they care a lot about their teammates. Highly recommended

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lamar Advertising Company. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.8

2.7Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

2.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight