Lamar Advertising Company Employee Reviews

Many catered lunches and bonus days when we hit our budgets.
Senior Account Executive/Sales (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 29, 2018
A typical day starts out with checking emails and following up with clients from the previous day. Then out the door around 10am to start making calls in the Indianapolis market. We have a weekly meeting on Monday and Thursday to know what is posting and to let management know what we are bringing in for the week / month.
I've learned the more calls you make, the more successful you will be selling outdoor advertising.
The hardest part of my job is that we are a singular sales organization. We only sell Outdoor Advertising, and many clients are looking at digital advertising as a way to get there message out to clients.
I truly believe in our product as I have seen it work in the many years I have been selling it.
Pros
Long daily commute
Cons
Limited inventory in some parts of Central Indiana.
One of the best companies to work.
Sr. Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLAugust 27, 2018
I enjoyed being able to help businesses grow and dealing with decision makers. Took pride in recommending the best options for their advertising budget and giving creative suggestions. Another highlight of being an account manager with Lamar was working with potential political candidates and getting involved in many of the public service/ non profit organizations.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
loss of a sale or client
Great Place to Work
Operator I (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLAugust 24, 2018
Great Place to Work, but after management would recognize how hard you were working, you still wouldn't get a raise, even after promised annual raises.
Pros
great team atmosphere, team outings, interesting work
Cons
work can be grueling, pay
Productive but fun work environment
Graphic Designer (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAAugust 20, 2018
I loved going to work in the graphics department. Peers are encouraged to share tips and help each other continue to develop their skills. Workplace can be a little cliquish, but overall a positive environment.
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  York, PAAugust 20, 2018
This is a very good company with a great culture. The employees have a lot of tenure. My only criticism was the pay was not high enough. They have great products and they are priced fairly. There billboards are usually the best placed and kept in the market.
Pros
Employees, benefits, 401K, great products
Cons
Low pay
Boys Club
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALAugust 17, 2018
The sales team is nice but poor support given to them. The office is very low-tech with no CRM for sales reps. Extremely superficial people.
Office staff was very friendly.
Pros
Employee company parties
Cons
Hard to fit in.
Unethical
Construction (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYAugust 14, 2018
If your willling to work your butt off for minimum wage with no way to excel. This is the job for you. Daily work isn’t split evenly. Once you show you can work harder then everyone else. There’s no benefit! Just a bigger work load and high expectations. Climb heights up to 200ft middle of winter and wind blowing 25mph in sub zero temps. If you don’t complete your job expectations. Your questioned and scrutinized every time. Work life balance? They don’t pay enough for anyone to endanger themselves on a daily basis when majority of structures haven’t been inspected since they were built. Trust me. Don’t buy into the whole union concept either it’s a bigger joke then the new gm
Pros
Outside daily
Cons
No once truly cares about your well being
Official response from Lamar Advertising Company
September 5, 2018

Thank you for the feedback. Lamar values all employee input to help us better the workplace, and we have addressed these concerns with local management.

We offer competitive pay well above minimum wage for all levels of employees, and we also provide training/certification wage increases for Lamar-sponsored training at this location. Safety comes first at Lamar for both our employees and the communities we serve; we encourage you to raise any safety concerns with local management.

Fun environment with perks
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Palm Springs, CAAugust 9, 2018
Account management, customer service and business responsibilities that include; generating sales leads, providing proposals, preparing marketing material and advertising plans. Responsible to establish new accounts, expand existing accounts and build relationships that increase revenue. Build and develop long term advertising relationships that support Lamar Advertising.
Pros
Car allowance & Cell phone
Cons
Takes a long time to make good money
Fast pace and a fun place to work.
Account Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Gary, INJuly 31, 2018
I really enjoyed my 10 years at Lamar. I was hired in as a Senior Marketing Coordinator in the Chicago office. Then moved to the Gary office and my title changed to Account Coordinator. It was great to see how all of the steps that it takes to get the billboards on the streets. Super fun!!! I enjoyed all of my co-workers and loved how we worked together as a team.
Pros
Fruit every Monday
Boring job, Gossip spewing staff
Sales & Marketing Assistant (Former Employee) –  East Providence, RIJuly 31, 2018
Never enough work to keep busy for 8 hrs a day. Very competitive staff. A lot of water cooler talk (gossip), which made for some very uncomfortable situations
solid company to work for
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, CAJuly 30, 2018
very structural company to be apart. It provides a solid amount of sales training and resources for their sales people to excel and pitch the product in a very effective manner.
Not worth it in the long run
Crew maintenance associate (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALJuly 19, 2018
The financial compensation isn't worth the stress and lack of care for employees. The ops manager couldn't care less about his crew. Only pretends for the boss to care. The work load isn't split evenly and drug use is swept under the road. Rules don't apply to everyone that works there. Search somewhere else. I left a good career to come here and I regret giving this company time and money.
Official response from Lamar Advertising Company
August 1, 2018

We offer competitive wages for all levels of employees, and we’ve confirmed with our Compensation team that our Mobile office is paying competitively within the market.

We follow a strict drug-testing policy to ensure we provide a safe and healthy work environment. Safety comes first at Lamar for both our employees and the communities we serve.

Good Company
Office Manager/Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Sauk Rapids, MNJuly 19, 2018
Lamar Advertising is a great company to work for. The local office cares about their employees and is always looking out for your best interest. Good company with good benefits.
great job for my analytical skills but pay was low
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rocky Mount, NCJune 25, 2018
loved doing accounts payable and answering phone and keeping office clean, great job for an analytical and organized person like myself but they do not pay well at all
Great Company
Graphic Design Intern (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLMay 28, 2018
Lamar is one of the best companies I have ever worked for. They have a great group of Senior Designers who spend time training the new designers right. And they care a lot about their teammates. Highly recommended
Very productive
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Kingsport, TNMay 28, 2018
Very good company to work for,great hours and good benefits. Good coworkers all the way up to the management. Good work life balance with having a set schedule.
Pros
Hours
Cons
Hard physical labor
Interesting field and growing market share
Senior National Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXApril 4, 2018
OOH is a growing field with steady revenue increases.

8 to 5 pm
Monday - Friday
No nights or weekends
Hardest part of the job is the management
Learned the entire OOH industry
Digital Charting Manager (Former Employee) –  Pearl, MSMarch 31, 2018
Great place to work. Great benefits- paid time off, 401K, healthcare, and stock options. Only left because we had to relocate due to my spouse's career
decent job
Billboard Sign Installer (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMMarch 30, 2018
it can be a great job if they started you out at 13.00 and hour with raises every 6 months but they don't. They give raises annually and its in the .25 cent range. Lots of job duties inside and outside for only 11 dollars an hour. My manager was cool and its a chill environment but you do have to travel and stay in hotels once a week if they ask you too. A lot of hard labor for little pay with a chance of the guy above you quits so you can move up positions.
benefits
Cons
hard labor. have to go out of town
Work and have fun!
Sales Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORMarch 28, 2018
Work can be stressful but fun if you are commissioned sales person. Environment is low-key, but professional. Lamar creates a fun culture and pay competitive salary.
Pros
Days of for 4th of July and Christmas - Company Paid
Cons
Does not use progressive technology

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lamar Advertising Company. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.8InHerSight Score

2.7Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

2.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight