Lamar State College Port Arthur

Lamar State College Port Arthur Employee Reviews in Port Arthur, TX

Port Arthur, TX12 reviews

Great Place

-Great Place to teach while working and developing yourself to become a teacher-Excellent work environment-Company cares for everyone, even those low in the pole

Micromanagement

If you want to be told what to do regardless you agree or disagree with it, you probably would enjoy working there. Small college with micromanagement across campus. Spending needs approval although you manage, run and are responsible for the budget.

Lamar State College Port Arthur insights

What people like
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Energizing work tasks

Being a student worker at LSCPA is great!

I absolutely loved this job, I was sad the day I graduated and had to leave. My boss was great, and the work I did fit into the degree I was going to school for so it was informative and fun. They paid only minimum wage, but they worked around my class schedule, I could work between classes, so it was a great job for a full-time college student.

Pros

Fun job, great boss, flexible hours

Cons

Collaborative atmosphere with wonderful colleagues

LSCPA's commercial music program is a collaborative atmosphere staffed by instructors dedicated not only to their craft but to giving their students the best education possible in the world of professional music. It was a joy to teach here and be a part of this team.

Great job for a full-time college student

Lamar Port Arthur is a great place to work for a first time college student or to keep as a steady and secure job while attending college. You do have to be on financial aid for "student-workers," but other then that, it's a great place because school is the main focus. They understand if you need to leave early to take an exam or to meet with a professor. Very understanding and compatible job.

Financial aid clerk

Helping students apply for financial aid and help them fill out their FASA and apply on the computer. Issue out the financial Aid checks. Lots of filling of students folders.

An amazing experience to be had

When I first started to work with the drama department, I didn't know what to expect. But afterward, I was just in awe at all the experience I obtained and the love that was gained from crew and cast.

Pros

Experience

Cons

very fast paced

Lscpa

Some of staff are like family members. They reward their hard workers and encourage good staff development. Benefits are wonderful! Off most major holidays.

Pros

Vacation, insurance benefits, retirement plan

Fun Place to Work

My co-workers make it such a fun place to come to work every day. It does get pretty stressful during registration, but we all work together to solve any issues.

Pros

Retirement and health benefits, laid back attitude when you need to be off work for your children's functions

Cons

No performance raises, little opportunity for advancement

Teaching CDL Drivers

I teach both classroom and class A drivers under the State of Texas mandated requirements. We use a Freightliner with a 53' trailer. Currently have 16 students in class.

Pros

Helping someone to a new career

Cons

No cons. Love my job

Perfect team work

• Set-up TSI tests on computer, administer all developmental reading, writing, and math tests • Assist students with using computer software, tutor math, reading and writing • Answer phone, filing and other clerical duties as needed, run errands and assist fill-time staff and students

Pros

good schedule

Good for college students

Good place to work as a college student they work around the schedule times and everything excellent place of business.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lamar State College Port Arthur. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.6 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits