Lamar Trailers, Inc.

Working at Lamar Trailers, Inc.: 8 Reviews

United States8 reviews

Good pay management could use some work

Management isn’t the best and if your a welder maintenance is terrible they would rather wrap a broken lead with electrical tape then fix it but otherwise a pretty good shop

Pros

Great taco truck

Cons

Maintenance

Hourly employees are great to work with. Poor management

It is a family owned business and that is the way it operates family first literally. Being of a specific culture or religion (menonite) also becomes a huge factor and plays a role in promotions to leadership positions. The company does advertise a drug free work environment but that strictly applies to passing the initial drug screening or on the job injuries. Other than that the parking lot is alive with drugs and booze during any break or lunch period. The job has a lot of potential but only if you can stomach the unfairness and aren't concerned with the drug, safety and evironmental issues. If you can do that then its an opportunity to make a good easy paycheck but i would not count on it becoming a career job.

Lamar Trailers, Inc. insights

What people like
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Ability to learn new things
Areas for improvement
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Trust in colleagues

Job security guarantee 40 hrs off at lunch on fridays

Great job ,good pay,401 k, medical should be alot better, no overtime in my department, if your willing to work hard and stay busy you'll be paid good.

Pros

Off early on Friday, decent pay, good people to work for

Cons

No overtime and medical insurance is not very good high deductible

good environment

good people, overall good environment. productive people and at the same time fun to not make it over stressful. respectful, and caring management makes it easier to enjoy work.

Pros

appreciation shown

Great people and great work environment

Overall, Lamar really tries. They have an awesome culture here, and make you feel included. The casual dress code is awesome, and they are very understanding when it comes to having to take off work when life gets in the way. I have a lot of freedom in my position to choose what needs to get worked on and that's made for a less stressful environment for me. Overall the people are what make Lamar great. Management is really easy going, nice, and great to get along with.

Pros

Casual dress code, team building events, relaxed environment, nice bosses who really want to help make your work experience a good one

Cons

I've noticed in the past there was some favoritism, but the company has really worked on that and things are a lot better.

Great Christian based company

Lamar Trailers has great Christian values & a strong moral core. I truly appreciate working for a company that produces a great product and helps mold great people.

Pros

Ending month meetings with prayer as a group!

Best place I've ever worked!

ProsCore Values: With a focus on the golden rule, good communication, positive attitude, teamwork, responsibility and integrity in our interactions with one another and those we do business, Lamar Trailers truly has a unique / positive work atmosphere.The People: The office staff, supervisors, and upper management are a good representation of the core values. I am amazed at the team Lamar has put together. Honestly I love the people I work with! Every workday I get to hang out with my friends in an uplifting / low-stress environment. We have a lot of fun and laugh on a daily basis.Progress / Improvement: Whether it is building better trailers, improving our processes or developing the employees, Lamar is constantly focused on progress.Above and Beyond Mentality: With bonuses, company parties, holiday gifts, monthly cake day and team building days, Lamar goes above and beyond to take care of the employees.

Pros

See my review...

Cons

Expensive Medical Insurance, no Life Insurance, no 401K (Which should be changing soon!)

Great Company

I have been at Lamar for a little over 2 years and I have loved it. They are always looking to grow and grow the team members. They have medical, dental, and vision. They are looking to add 401K this year. They care about people and value a work/family balance.

Pros

Work/Family Balance

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lamar Trailers, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.0 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits