Lamb Weston Employee Reviews

Potential to be great, just dont treat people they want to be treated.put on good acts
Sanitation Worker (Current Employee) –  American Falls, IDDecember 6, 2018
Been working there over ten years, trys to get better but take way more then they give. HR never gets better. Probably due to same people messing it all up. Scheduling horrible. Take to long to hire people to the point people quit due to so much overtime. Revolving circle. Hire 5 loose 10 cant get ahead of the game. No incentives. T-shirts for recognition all to be free advertisement. Hourly constantly pay the price for no accountability on HRs constant downfalls. Now hourly expected to give up holidays when salary will still have off. College degree people against high school degree mentality. Raises are a joke. Talk about a culture they cant provide, nice pipe dream. Good luck all I can say. Endless checkbook to cover all the mistakes being made and hourly a dime a dozen
Pros
Weekly pay
Cons
To much false dreams
Excellent workplace
Senior Process Control Engineer (Current Employee) –  Kennewick, WANovember 29, 2018
Great place to work. Be prepared to go above and beyond what is expected of you. This company is a low cost / high volume environment. We are always looking at ways to use tech to increase throughput. A lot of tech is applied to accomplish this. Need to think outside the box at all times. I’ve seen few environments where tech is relied upon more than these plants, and I’ve worked with all of the plants - both in US and outside US. As a case in point, LW split from ConAgra in 2016-17, and their stock rose nearly three times the initial public offering. They are doing a LOT of things right. My advice to the plant floor workers? Apply yourself and HARD. You’ll get noticed. Provide critical input - if you see something that can be improved, be vocal. We’re always looking for ways to be more productive. DON’T sell yourself short thinking no one will listen.
This is a great place to work. Don’t expect major success overnight - it’ll come if you persevere.
Pros
Great coworkers; challenging every day, using the latest tech
Cons
Health benefits pricey
Fun place to work
Finance specialist III (Former Employee) –  Connell, WAJanuary 7, 2019
A typical day at work would start with dry supply inventory usages, adjustments, and shipments. Reviewing employee hours and pay rates. Finishing with dry supply reconciliation. Lamb Weston has done a wonderful job with employee recognition.
Pros
Competitive wages and benefits. Great working environment.
Cons
You dedicate your life to the plant.
Stale work environment with demeaning management
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Hermiston, ORAugust 30, 2018
Working at Lamb Weston would be better for older folks who are at the end of their career ventures, for young job seekers I would personally not recommend this business as it gives no hope of moving up in the company and you are portrayed as a body instead of an asset.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
demeaning staff, no hope for promotion, lack of praise
Favoritism in Work place
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Twin Falls, IDAugust 27, 2018
I felt like Lamb Weston played favorites based on color of skin. It was very hard work and not very beneficial to the health of your body. I also didn’t like coming home stinking of rotten potatoes.
Pros
Good pay and benefits
Cons
Working in a dark hole
compensation for money and food
Packaging Att (Current Employee) –  Boardman, ORSeptember 13, 2018
Sometimes they give us coupons for snacks or soda's and T-Shirts in the lunch room they sell beverages, food, snacks water etc. They have microwaves to heat up the food.
Pros
the benefits
Cons
they don't pay lunch
Fast paced work with lots of positions. Great benefits
Package Operator/ Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  American Falls, IDJune 9, 2018
Vacations and shifts are based on seniority . Lots of overtime available. Lots of Room for advancement with many positions. Has great Benefits with good insurance and 401k and paid vacation
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Hours are based on Sinyority after training is over Day shift, Swing shift or night shift
Good company to work for
Procurement (Former Employee) –  Kennewick, WAJuly 8, 2018
Good company to work for. Very slow at promoting but very respectful when it comes to work-life balance. Good benefits, great culture. Very respected in the area
Long Days, Everything is mandatory. Make lots of money but have no life.
Palletizer Area Owner (Former Employee) –  Richland, WAAugust 13, 2018
They aren't strait with you going in on what to expect. You expect to work overtime once in awhile but end up working 12 hours a day almost every day of the week. They are always short handed, or someone recently quit due to stressful conditions so you have to pick up the slack. They never ask you if you can work, you are told that you have to work. Schedule is always up in the air making it almost impossible to actually plan your time off. They preach "work life balance" but its just lip service. They act like they own you. The management team doesn't understand the difference between doing your job well and looking busy.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
You will have no life and little time for family and relationships.
50/50 Workplace
Receiving Lead (Current Employee) –  Boardman, ORFebruary 6, 2018
Wages here are competitive, actually, they are hard to beat for anyone who doesn't have a degree or specific trade. They offer job advancement but no plant to plant transfers; you would have to quit and apply at another location. They give attendance bonuses every month, great health insurance, dental, and optical and retirement. However, your week's paid vacation will not be seen until you've been with the company for 3 years, your only allowed a certain number of call ins before you'll be terminated, and a certain amount of "sick child" absencea before you'll be asked for a doctor's note. Great people work there, even management so tolerating "corporate" is a little easier to do.
Benefits
Cons
Being easily expendable

Want to know more about Lamb Weston?

Ask a question
Good place to get your steps in!
Quality Assurance Technician (Former Employee) –  Warden, WAJanuary 18, 2019
Requires a lot of walking in a faced paced environment. Management seemed lost or not up to date on current events. They have excellent benefit package and job security. Not any place to advance up low level paying wages but great for the area.
Pros
Whenever someone is having a family event your included also.
Cons
They are always asking to help with costs for living another family member somewhere.
Stressful but great opportunity to advance
Team Leader Production (Current Employee) –  Quincy, WAApril 16, 2018
From start to finish there are days that are exceptionally stressful and days that almost go so smoothly that it's hard to bear. For anyone with a competitive drive and an extreme amount of patience, this is the place to be.
Pros
salary, benefits, growth opportunity
Cons
stress, overtime unpaid
Sanitation Dept
Sanitation Associate (Former Employee) –  Park Rapids, MNOctober 4, 2018
Clean certain machine areas.
Maintain safety practices, use chemicals to clean machinery.
Custodial work.
Learned how a production plant operates.
Some management good, others, not so understanding about the job.
Workers all hardworking.
Hardest working with new hires
Pros
Good pay for area, Job security, pension
Cons
Working with non-english, cleanups
Typical day at work
Packaging Operator (Current Employee) –  Boardman, ORDecember 13, 2018
shift begins with me checking my equipment, making sure good running conditions on all machinery. report to lead who then informs me about the product that we'll be running throughout the shift. through out the shift i calibrate machinery, and inspect product. constantly communicating with lead and co-workers. the hardest part of my job is fixing machinery, and assuring an appropriate timing.
Pros
the ability to learn more about the machinery used
Cons
shift hours and poor management
Terrible place to work
Process Quality Technician (Current Employee) –  American Falls, IDJanuary 18, 2019
If you need money it's a good place to work; however if you want to enjoy time with your family, have any sort of work and home balance, not feel stressed all the time, or don't like overtime this company is not for you.

If you decide to work at Lamb Weston be prepared for overtime. There tends to be daily 12 hour shifts due to the high turn over rate, And they are understaffed constantly because they overwork people.
Pros
Great pay for the area
Cons
Life is dedicated to the plant, a lot of overtime, Stressful, The list goes on.
A Sense of Urgency in everything we do. The company has a Commitment to the People, Process and Company Values
Environmental, Health & Safety Manager (Current Employee) –  Washington StateSeptember 16, 2018
The company values its people and business, while sustaining a Culture of Safety as it's number one priority to be successful. The opprotunity for people is some what limited, but there are more opprotunities arising as the comapny goal is to become the world's largest supplier of potato products..
Pros
Globally recognized comaany with lots of opprotunity.
Cons
Continuous Improvemnt and recognition programs need help.
An overall okay workplace
Packaging Operator (Former Employee) –  Twin Falls, IDFebruary 1, 2018
there is good and bad, to work at Lamb Weston. Working Graveyard is hard on me, I have been trying to get on dayshift still trying. The work is sometimes to hard and demanding.Some of the benefits are good but some are not the greatest.Their life insurance is so low their 401k is almost a joke. the turnover rate is so high,maybe they need to figure out how to keep the people they have and why they are looking for other jobs
Great pay with plenty overtime hours.
Equipment Prep Operator (Former Employee) –  Quincy, WANovember 9, 2017
Typical grave shift hours, with overtime available in early or staying late. Learned hoe to operate and manage a prep room full of various machines and equipment. Management was quite understanding and helpful with any issues or concerns. Worked long hours daily and steady paced work. Work/Life balance was a bit off with little sleep due to odd work hours.
Pros
great pay, plenty overtime, great benefits and helpful management.
Cons
New hires often at grave shift, little work/life balance, mandatory overtime at times.
Mean environment
Operator (Current Employee) –  American Falls, IDJanuary 27, 2018
Bullying is common here. Management writes it off as teasing and does nothing. No respect. No help. No one cares about you. You are nothing but a cog in a machine. Not at all understand of being sick or uncontrollable circumstances popping up. They don't care about their employees.
Pros
Good pay, good benefits
Cons
Bullying
I liked my job there and the people too. Mangement could be difficult.
Packaging Operator (Former Employee) –  Park Rapids, MNDecember 5, 2018
I worked for the company for twenty three years. I learned alot when I was there. The reason for me leaving was because I didn't have a drivers license for a time and it was hard to get rides to work. I missed some work because of that. So instead of having them fire me because of my attendance I quit. But I did plan on going back after I received my license back.
Pros
Discounts on product
Cons
Stressful

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lamb Weston. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.5InHerSight Score

2.3Personal Development

3.1Career Opportunities

1.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight