Lancashire Hall Nursing and Rehabilitation Center Employee Reviews

See reviews about
Absolutely a mess
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, PAOctober 18, 2018
CNA's are always short on staffing. Especially night shift. Sometimes we have to work with only 2 CNA's for 60 residents. We have too many bariatric residents with not enough help, and they no longer have a locked dementia unit so all of the residents wander at night into other peoples rooms and bother the other residents. Sometimes the residents manage to elope in the middle of the night because theres not enough staff to keep an eye on everyone.
Pros
You definitely get a workout
Cons
We're understaffed, overworked, and under paid.
Terrible
Cook (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PAOctober 4, 2018
Food was horrible, staff never showed. Bosses were horrible, residence treated like dogs. Dirty. Couldn't keep staff. No training for kitchen staff. Had to sit through 3 days or orientation and complete online tests every month or so the keep job. All training and tests were nurse based and had nothing to do with the cooks
Pros
Got paid (unless the messed up payroll)
Cons
All together poor work environment is
Horrible place to work
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PANovember 17, 2017
The staff is horrible! They are on their phones more than working and always seem to hide. Lack of communication and team work. Management is to worried about who they are gonna party with and don't care much about the residents. Worst place ever!!!!
Love the resident's and co-workers
Assistant Director of Nursing (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, PANovember 12, 2017
This job has helped me to grow as an RN and a manager. Working in administration has taught me a lot in the long term care setting. Most days are fast paced and go by quickly. Some days can be stressful but overall this is a great place to work.
Very stress full
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Lititz, PAOctober 18, 2017
Your work very hard for the money u have too earn. It takes a lot of strength and confidence to work your way up and move too a higher position. Its very small should rebuild new center.
Pros
Free lunch / job partys
Cons
Check was always incorrect
There are better work environments
LPN Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Lancashire HallJuly 3, 2017
Employees are overworked and under appreciated. Management claims to be supportive but are quick to punish or dismiss for human mistakes. If you voice an opinion you are labeled as having an "attitude."
The leaders are young and inexperienced and have little regard for the experience and knowledge of more mature employees.
Emphasis is placed on good patient care but better care might be provided if the staff were cared for.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Negative environment to work in
The people are great and It is a very easy job.
Food Server, Busser (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, PAJune 15, 2017
This job is very easy and the people here are really nice and great to work with but since it is such a small place its very hard to get working hours here since there is not much work to do on a daily basis.
Pros
Free Meals
Cons
Not enough hours
I love the residents and my co-workers
RN (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, PAJune 12, 2017
Working at Lancashire Hall has been/ continues to be a great experience for my nursing career. The fast paced atmosphere makes the day go by quickly. If you are positive, down to earth, and a team player you will fit right in. In my experience, the residents and my co-workers make Lancashire Hall feel like home.
The health & dental benefits are extremely well/ reasonably priced for employees and their family.
There are incentive educational programs for employees that include: CNA to LPN and LPN to RN
Pros
Health/ Dental benefits, room for job advancement, tuition reimbursement, training/ education provided by the company
Lack of communication
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  PennsylvaniaMay 18, 2017
It's a okay job but nobody never wants to work ,lack of communication,races ,they wouldn't tell you why they letting you go ,don't work here ,everybody quits
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Bad stuff
Unfair and Unsafe
Dietary Assistant/Consultant (Former Employee) –  Lititz,PAApril 19, 2017
It was an establishment with very judgemental people who instigated and didn't care about those around them. Especially the elderly who resided there.
Pros
Interaction with the elders without having to bring them all to the mess hall.
Cons
Many times the elders wanted to go to the mess hall and were not taken
Working At Lancashire Convalescent and Rehabilitation Center
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kilmarnock, VADecember 30, 2016
I just don't think this facility is the best choice for anyone to work due to unprofessionalism, short staffed, lack of team work, and their facility ratings.
Pros
Starting Salary
Cons
Unprofessionalism
It was fun
Admissions Coordinator (Former Employee) –  OfficeSeptember 3, 2015
I enjoyed my job and they promote from within. It was a blessing to work with so many people who cared about they work they did.
Not for me
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  neffsville, PAAugust 17, 2015
My managers at the time were very unprofessional. They would curse in front of us is something made them mad and would also gossip about employees to other employees. They also had favoritism, some employees were allowed to slack off while the other hard working employees were told to pick up there slack while they sat and did nothing.
i loved my co workers and the residents they were the best part about working there

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lancashire Hall Nursing and Rehabilitation Center. Our community is ready to answer.

2.4