Lancaster General Health Employee Reviews

Rn
RN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, PAApril 12, 2019
Management has favorites, only hand picked clicks get to advance. Management worries about “budget”, coerced into working extra time without time and a half, just straight base pay.
Long term employees are NOT valued, degraded.
Magnet Status is #1 priority, for business and financial fitness, NOT for enhancing nurse excellence, as they portray.
Fast paced “assembly line” work, which can never be done with humans. Patient satisfaction surveys are utmost importance, when negative ( because of short staffing, Nurse *Patient ratio’s) they blame the nurses. Nurses are reprimanded, punished.
High management, is detached from middle management, and working class.
Pros
Free parking, free washed scrubs, working relationships.
Cons
Poor management. HR not supportive of nurses. Cliques. Rushed patient care. Never work life balance.
Work
Janitor (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, PAApril 2, 2019
Better management better pay more hired help talk to ur workers better be more productive litsen more to ur workers work together with ur employees n things will be better..
liked this job
Unit Clerk - Weekends (Former Employee) –  Columbia, PA 17512March 27, 2019
I found this position to be challenging. I enjoyed working a long shift twice per week. It worked for me.
I liked the work. I wished they had never closed the Susquehanna Division. It was a perfect setup for me.
Pros
working 2 12-hr. shifts per week
Cons
They closed the location
A busy hospital with many opportunities to learn.
Patient Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, PAMarch 23, 2019
The work is fast paced and always changing. I started in the cafeteria and moved up to a PTCA position. They want you to move forward and develop a career in the health care field.
Great teamwork atmosphere
Surgical Technologist (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, PAMarch 21, 2019
The operating room functions well as a team atmosphere. All staff is accommodating, friendly and shows willingness to teach new hires. Overall a fun place to work!
a great workplace
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PAMarch 19, 2019
Lancaster General hospital is an amazing company to work for but they are really competitive and they have amazing benefits for employees, they are nice to their employees but like I said they are very competitive.
Pros
Employees and the benefits are awesome
Cons
very busy all the time
jkiyhgfghhv
Storeroom Clerk (Temporary) (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, PAMarch 16, 2019
Not worth the headache drive to start at 7 am for the pay and no benefits for a temp position. Management is lacking and not overall great at helping with small tasks.
Decent Place to Work
Student Nurse Extern (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PAMarch 9, 2019
I was only here for eight weeks so I idid not get much exposure. However, the staff was friendly, and was willingly to educate and teach people who are new to the facility.
Excellent benefits
Data Entry / Student Internship (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PAFebruary 27, 2019
Student internship taught me a lot about cancer and various treatments. Management and co-workers were wonderful and very helpful in many ways. I was always made to feel welcome and part of the team.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
It was a student internship
Lgh
Unit Clerk (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, PAFebruary 18, 2019
Take care of your mental health if you want to work here this is a very stressful place to work. The culture of LGH is not one of respect but instead of ranking, the higher you rank the better you will be treated. Good Luck.
Accountability
Denials Management Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PAFebruary 17, 2019
I really enjoyed my job and helping my team.
The only inbound calls are from an insurance company about an account you followed up on.
This is an excellent position for those seeking a career in coding.
You are assigned Workques with denials to follow up on.
You can listen to music while working denials that don't require a phone call.
Work from home was once four days a week when I started then no work from home for a couple of years and changed about a year before I left to one day a week as long as you met productivity.
You can also work from home when the School district is closed or delayed during inclement weather.
As long as you meet productivity, you can work a flex schedule meaning one month work 8 to 4:30 next month 7 to 3:30.

I saw a few people who held degrees turned down for promotions. Depending who your supervisor is, if you are liked and are supported to advance, you have a good chance of moving up.

Make sure to prove you are serious about growing and moving up. Hold management accountable and have doumentation in email and yearly reviews. Some supers will not take you seriously and make sure others they favor get the promotion over you.
Pros
Relaxed work environment, work from home. Flex schedule
Cons
Some supers play favorites
Excellent community partner in health
Program Manager, Urgent Care (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, PAFebruary 11, 2019
Lancaster General has been a leader in community based healthcare for over 125 years. They have a strong relationship with the citizens in the communities they serve.
Strategic and Ever Changing Enviornment
Senior Financial & Operations Analyst (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, PAFebruary 8, 2019
The company's IT department offers plenty of strategic growth and leaning opportunities. The culture is comprised of type A personalities, and makes for a great learning environment.
Fun and rewarding place to work.
ER PATIENT REGISTRATION REP III (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PAFebruary 6, 2019
I loved working for this company. They gave me my first job right out of school. I was very blessed and fortunate for the opportunity for working there.
good place to work
Call Center Specialist (through Tristarr) (Former Employee) –  Brownstown, PAFebruary 1, 2019
liked the job but too much sitting for me, management was excellent and professional, great people in my department, sitting all day answering phones just wasnt for me
Good place to work. Nice staff
CRNA (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, PAJanuary 30, 2019
Nice hospital to work. Only reason that I’m leaving this hospital is relocating to another state . This hospital has state of art surgery suites and updated equipments. The staff and surgeons are all nice to work with.
Great place to work. Many opportunities to upgrade.
Medical Language Facilitator (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PA 17602January 25, 2019
LGH is a great place to work many opportunities to advanced. I recommend this place to work and grow. The manager is wonderful and very helpful. my team was great to work with.
Great Place To Work
Phlebotomist/Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, PAJanuary 21, 2019
Lancater General was a great organization to work for, they are dedicated to taking care of their employees so that the employee can take good care of the patients. They offered so many discounts, opportunities and benefits there was always something new. I hated to leave!!
CONSTRUCTION CONTRACT COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PAJanuary 15, 2019
Opportunity to advance, ability to apply internally for different available job positions, Friendly, helpful coworkers, Clean, cheerful, environment.
Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health
Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, PADecember 30, 2018
Our CRNA group is very talented and I really enjoy spending time with my co-workers. Providing quality care to patients from all walks of life is the best part of my job. I am searching elsewhere because I need a better work/life balance at this time. LGH Anesthesia is a dynamic, rapidly expanding service area with very supportive Anesthesiologists. Typically, a CRNA is assigned to one OR for the entire shift and may be relieved by another CRNA or an Anesthesiologist at the end of the day.
Pros
High quality equipment, personable staff, excellent surgeons.
Cons
Production pressure, staffing issues

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lancaster General Health. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.0InHerSight Score

2.8Personal Development

3.5Career Opportunities

2.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Lancaster General Health Reviews by Location