Lancaster General Health Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
great environment to work in
Maintenance Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, PAJune 29, 2018
Its was a very friendly work environment to work at. Miss it very much.A lot of the workers had very good energy.HR representative were very helpful and professional.
Pros
benefits, insurance, 40lk
Cons
pay was not living wage in lancaster
Lots of opportunities
PSYCHIATRIC TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, PAJune 20, 2018
There are plenty of different types of jobs. Although it takes a long time to be eligible to transfer, they are more willing to hire from within and allow you to further your career.
Fun place to work
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, PAMay 22, 2018
I think Lancaster General is a great place to work. The organization is growing and changing all the time which is good. The organization is also on of, if not the, biggest in the area. Holiday time and customer service week they have celebrations and the food is always excellent. They also like to celebrate employees acheivements.
Wonderful people
Customer Service Rep, Summer Intern (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PAMay 13, 2018
Great place to work, full of people that like to have fun and enjoy their work. I learned a lot and felt very supported during my time here. No back stabbing, no writing people up constantly, just a supportive working environment.
Great Place to Work
SECURITY OFFICER (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, PAMay 11, 2018
The security department is a great department to work for even though the pay is not quite up to par with other hospital security departments. I highly recommend.
Left For More Opprotunities
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PAMay 10, 2018
No chance for advancement. Management was terrible. I liked what I did but not who I had to do it with. LGH refused to acknowledge my education, had no opportunity for advancement
Pros
close to home
Cons
management
Lgh
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, PA 17601April 16, 2018
They offer lots of benefits (health, dental, vision, 401k, etc.) but are just to large scale for me . I prefer a smaller work environment where I really get to know and help patients.
Excellent place to work
ACO Community Care Manager/Population Health (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, PAMarch 30, 2018
Excellent place to work , Progressive in management of strategies around population health and value based reimbursement . Leader in the industry for interventions and strategies that support regulatory changes in healthcare.
they have a a lot of pot luck lunches
Phlebotomist/Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, PAMarch 29, 2018
I enjoy working in the health field and find it very interesting and rewarding. I like helping people and always am willing to go the extra mile. I have been in the Health field 20 years and saw a lot of changes.
Pros
Love the work and patient contact
Cons
22 miles one way
Team work ok
Medical Records Clerk (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PAMarch 14, 2018
Worked there for 16 yrs., was a good place to work. Had bad management in the department last two yrs. If you weren't friends with the management then you were out.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Bad management
A good place to work and good environmental chance for growth
Medical Records Clerk (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, PAMarch 13, 2018
I like working here. Good benefits for partime employees. Health insurance, dental and vision. Pays for college if it is related to healthcare. Offers computer classes free. Paid vacation.
Pros
Benefits for full and part time.
Cons
Busy and sometimes stressful
Productive place to work
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Lancaster Junction, PAMarch 13, 2018
The day starts off with huddle which is nice because it allows the staff to address the daily requirements. I have learned about new procedures in this department and discovered that the workplace culture is very diverse. It is fast paced which makes the day interesting and exciting as well.
Pros
Discounts and the ability to grow.
Cons
n/a
Great Company!
Laundry Worker (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PAMarch 11, 2018
I was working in laundry, so my experiences are unique to that department. If you are working in laundry, invest in a quality pair of sneakers, you will be standing on concrete for 8 hours per day.

The health, dental, and vision coverage are all great and start at 30 days. The employees are generally happy to be there. You get a lot of great subsidiary benefits, such as discount websites and discounts at local business.
Pros
benefits are great, set schedule, adequate breaks
Short Staffed and No Room For Growth
Certified Surgical First Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, PAMarch 11, 2018
LGH is a wonderful place to work, the organization is amazing, but we are extremely short staffed making the current employees perform the job of 2 people. If staffing would be up to par, then I believe the work atmosphere would improve significantly
Pros
Pay is decent, extremely clean and up to date environment
Cons
Short lunches, little/no breaks, management is nurse focused only
Great work environment
Manager of Outpatient Infusion Therapy Services (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, PAMarch 5, 2018
Great work environment. There is plenty of support from staff and leadership alike. Lancaster General Health is a large, small company, making it difficult to reach departments like HR at times, but overall a great company.
Bad management
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PAFebruary 25, 2018
Stressful work environment would never return would receive my 30 minute breaks everyday people only want to do team work and help you when they feel like it.i was never appreciate of my work that I did and I’m so much happier since I left.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Don’t pay you for your breaks you didn’t have time for
long time ago
Web Services/ Marketing Intern (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PAFebruary 15, 2018
i worked there almost 3 years ago which was before penn medicine really took over day to day operation so i cant really say what its like now in 2018.
Great work environment
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PAFebruary 15, 2018
Great work environment, amazing coworkers, comfortable, modern and safe place to work. Would recommend employment and being a patient at this facility in Lancaster PA.
big buisness
Registered Nurse in the Main Operating Room (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, PAFebruary 11, 2018
wants the best for the patient with a big business feel. Worked here for 12+ years and felt mostly supported by management. Good team to work with. Good compensation.
Excellent Company
CERTIFIED MEDICAL ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Columbia, PAFebruary 8, 2018
Working for Lancaster General Health has provided numerous opportunities for growth and learning. My co-workers are supportive and team-oriented, management is fair and encouraging. Family is prioritized, our schedules are flexible.
I am in no hurry to leave, however I am excited to continue my career pursuits knowing that my experience with this organization has positively influenced my future endeavors.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lancaster General Health. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

3.0Fairygodboss Score

50%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

50%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss