Lancaster General Health Employee Reviews

Team work ok
Medical Records Clerk (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PAMarch 14, 2018
Worked there for 16 yrs., was a good place to work. Had bad management in the department last two yrs. If you weren't friends with the management then you were out.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Bad management
Productive place to work
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Lancaster Junction, PAMarch 13, 2018
The day starts off with huddle which is nice because it allows the staff to address the daily requirements. I have learned about new procedures in this department and discovered that the workplace culture is very diverse. It is fast paced which makes the day interesting and exciting as well.
Pros
Discounts and the ability to grow.
Cons
n/a
Great Company!
Laundry Worker (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PAMarch 11, 2018
I was working in laundry, so my experiences are unique to that department. If you are working in laundry, invest in a quality pair of sneakers, you will be standing on concrete for 8 hours per day.

The health, dental, and vision coverage are all great and start at 30 days. The employees are generally happy to be there. You get a lot of great subsidiary benefits, such as discount websites and discounts at local business.
Pros
benefits are great, set schedule, adequate breaks
Bad management
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PAFebruary 25, 2018
Stressful work environment would never return would receive my 30 minute breaks everyday people only want to do team work and help you when they feel like it.i was never appreciate of my work that I did and I’m so much happier since I left.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Don’t pay you for your breaks you didn’t have time for
Excellent Company
CERTIFIED MEDICAL ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Columbia, PAFebruary 8, 2018
Working for Lancaster General Health has provided numerous opportunities for growth and learning. My co-workers are supportive and team-oriented, management is fair and encouraging. Family is prioritized, our schedules are flexible.
I am in no hurry to leave, however I am excited to continue my career pursuits knowing that my experience with this organization has positively influenced my future endeavors.
Productive and Fun/Busy Work Place.
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PAJanuary 22, 2018
My Review from working at LGH ...
I Personally , Honestly loved working at LGH!
I'm Talking about the people were very nice. My Co-Workers and Managers and Supervisors Were Very Understanding and Helpful during any situation. Honestly , if They (HR) Gave me Another Chance To Work There , I Wouldn't Give That Chance and Mess It Up For Anything !
Positive always looking forward going to work.
Customer Service Spec. Patient Financial Sers. (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PAJanuary 18, 2018
My typical day opening the office going to work with a positive mind dealing with patients face to face about billing, claims, collection, payment, and answering call and returning calls. enjoy every minute wotrking for LGH.
Pros
free lunch with supervisor
Cons
no cons
Competitive Stressted Out Work Enviroment
Medication History Specialist (Former Employee) –  LancJanuary 7, 2018
Employees are all over caffeinated and stressed due to the high volume of work with low volume of staff the hospital is able to keep. Management that leaves the building at 5 pm everyday of not sooner has high expectations of what the hospital should look like and what under staffed ER and hospital should produce. I.e happy patients.
Pros
Awesome Doctors in the ER, Coworkers become family.
Cons
Management is a$& backwards, understaffed, No job advancement if you don't want to be a nurse.
No Comment
Medical Data Analyst (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, PANovember 3, 2017
Been working at LGH for many decades. Suffer from pay compression. Many times jobs are filled internally before other candidates are having a chance to apply. All in who you know.
Great lab, poor managment.
Medical Technologist (Former Employee) –  MicrobiologyNovember 1, 2017
The lab is large, new, and beautiful. There is a lot of really great new technology that is being brought in. The quality of work is great, and the company itself is great. Great co-workers, but the management in my particular department is very poor, which makes for a very toxic and stressful work environment. Human resources does not do a good job responding or trying to help with issues, so basically you feel like you have no protection against being treated poorly and unfairly.
Pros
Free parking
Cons
Poor managment, no help from HR
fast paced
Scheduler/Multi line phone operator (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PAOctober 30, 2017
Fast paced, telephone operator, scheduler. Very fast paced. On the phone all the time. in a very dark cubby hole. I needed some light in order to be happy.
Worked in several different departments
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PAOctober 13, 2017
I am basing this review on my most recent position at LGH. I worked for a MD who was very pompous but because it generated a lit of revenue for the organization he was never disciplined.
Patient Contact
Phlebotomy and Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Parkesburg, PA 19365October 12, 2017
Monday's and Wednesday's were our busy days. The best part of my job was Phlebotomy and Customer Services. I really enjoy interacting with customers and doing very hard blood draws.
Fast paced population health focused environment to improve health outcomes
Clinical Nurse Specialist (Current Employee) –  Downtown, Lancaster Hospital, PAOctober 7, 2017
A typical day starts with huddles, quality measure updates, unit rounding and meetings. In this environment you will learn the value of relationship based care. The culture is a culture of flexibility. We do what needs to be done to keep operations smooth day to day.
The hardest part of the job is navigating the established workers who have worked at LGH since they graduated from their program of education. The most enjoyable part of the job is being a part of the change that is transforming care to make healthcare safer, friendlier and adding value to American healthcare overall.
Pros
Great benefits, employee service center, beautiful environment and a CEO who really connects with employees.
Cons
Like all healthcare, its often overwhelming and exhausting.
Supervisor, Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, PAAugust 25, 2017
I enjoyed working at Lancaster General health. They try hard to treat their employees well. But for me my department is being outsourced. We were offered jobs but does not fit my qualifications
Team Made the job
Surgical technologist (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PAAugust 15, 2017
fortunate to work with a strong team of peers which made the job worth it. poor compensation, poor raises even when blowing out earning projections. no bonuses for beating projections yet administration salaries seem to climb. unruly judgement of employee culture. they do not take care of their employees. if you are fortunate to work with a dedicated team, they will make your job worth while, not anything else
Pros
Peers
Cons
Where should i start
Good Place to work
RN (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PAAugust 2, 2017
I was with LGH for approximately 7 years and had an overall positive experience working there. Good benefits and most managers I had were good. However, it was hard work.
Benefits
Cons
Short staffed, Nurse to patient ratio
Lancaster General Health
Diagnostic Medical Sonographer (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, PennsylvaniaAugust 1, 2017
A typical work day is an 8 hour day with a half hour lunch. 8-12 patients per day. Active and busy trauma center. I learned how to apply more skills and techniques from school while on the job. I also learned how to scan trauma patients, as this was not something that was practiced while in school. Overall, management is decent; the ultrasound department management positions have drastically changed in the year I have been there. Many changes have been implemented by a manager who took over the ultrasound department from the CT department to make the department more productive. The workplace culture is very diverse; however, it is mostly all new techs/grads on second shift. Weekends are divided up among "teams." Teams will rotate every 4th weekend. Call in divided into weeks, so everyone takes call at a different time. The hardest part of the job is always being on your toes as you never know what trauma is going to come in, as we do scan many of these patients, as well as what exams doctors will put in. You never know what exams will print or when, so you have to always be ready for whatever comes your way.The most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with the patients. Even though we are only with the patients for a short period of time, you can really learn a lot about the patient during that time. We also play an important role in their care while at the facility.
Pros
Community Discounts. Various events that take place - scrubs sale, jewelry / handbag sale, books, etc
Cons
No overtime allowed. Minimal lunch discount.
Ol work place
Accounts Payable Clerk (Current Employee) –  PennsylvaniaJune 21, 2017
I do accounts payable it is ok. Entering invoices doing statements. Creating check run and sending the checks out to the company's. I do stuff through our document imaging system.
A efficient place to work
Phelbotomist (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, PAJune 15, 2017
This business is a great place to work, and holds a lot of good qualities that a company should hold when employing healthcare professionals. They pay for 100% of your tuition which is amazing and a great benefit to working for this company.