Lancaster Rehabilitation Center

Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Support from manager
  • Inclusive work environment

Fast paced, rewarding work environment

My job is rewarding as well as challenging. I work with a great group of people . At the end of everyday i feel good about where i work and what i do.

Pros

Every other weekend off. Insurance benefits available.

A great place to work and too grow

I absolutely loved my time here. I loved my coworkers and my residents mean so much too me. This is a great place too work and a good place too grow. I worked here a short time. I had thee best experience though. I would highly recommend working here.

Pros

Vacation time holiday pay

Team work and happy people , the DON helps people to grow and the bad is worried about other staff that will not show up for work

Best place to grow needs more training with diversity and how to cope with different individuals . This a place where everyone relates to each other as a family

Pros

Job security

Cons

Need more help

Always Understaffed

I worked per diem at Lancaster and it was frustrating, to say the least. No matter how many hours you work they will always ask more and if you are a regular they will not provide the same bonuses they do for per diem workers. They are always understaffed so you may not get your required break. The support staff that is responsible for cleaning does an incredibly poor job so get used to your shoes sticking to the floor. How they are still open I have no idea.

Terrible Management

This facility is disgusting with how it’s ran. The management is terrible and health standards are not being followed. Sign on bonus? But why not a retention bonus?

Pros

Residents, breaks

Cons

Management, Don

Do you enjoy working at your company?

Every work experience is unique. Tell us about yours. Rate your employer.

It is a place that you can spend many happy years.

I have worked at Lancaster Rehab center for a long time, and the best word to describe what I feel there is family! We not only care about our residents, but each other as well . Yes it is hard work, but there is such a feeling of pride knowing that you are really doing something to help people that need you. To know that you are really making a difference. That is a good feeling.

awful place to work, very disorganized, if you like being micromanaged apply

management loves to micromanage, administration only cares about the company ,not it’s employees, you are constantly so busy, no time to help coworkers. always short staffed, they think going to 12 hours is going to help staffing issues. hello ! there’s a nursing shortage . here’s a concept interview nurses to find a solution. instead we must choose between full time or prn 12 hours. that’s it . something is always broken .whether it be the AC , work computers , the med dispenses , ice machines. very disorganized.

Pros

close parking

Cons

to many to list

Rewarding work feeding the residents who live there.

The dietary department has really improved over the last couple of years. The job is easier than it used to be. I really like the people that I work with. They let you pick your shifts and I can work days sometimes and nights sometimes which works around my schedule. Management is very understanding compared to other jobs I have had. The kitchen has a great workplace culture. The hardest part is there are a lot of dishes, but the most enjoyable part is seeing how happy the residents are when they get the food they like.

Co-workers are great, management not so much

Staffing gives guilt trips to staff for having life outside of work when you aren't willing to pick up extra shifts. You will not have a home station, they float you all the time. There is no 401K to even contribute into, with zero match. The benefits are very expensive and coverage isn't very good. Management plays favorites. The work load is way too much for LPN. Will have 50 patients on until for all treatments, charting. Sometimes there are 15-16 patients that have blood sugar checks with insulin to give, which is impossible in the time frame you have to give those things. You will get your exercise because you will never have a moment to sit or take a lunch.

Pros

Co-workers

Good co workers

It's fine, but the administration doesn't care about the employees or residents. Be advised. They won't work with you, and upper management is rude. Just do your job and don't get into rumors.

Horrible work environment

Always understaffed, nurse to resident ratio is crazy, cause of that you’re spread very thin. Don’t feel like it’s safe for one nurse to take care of 48-54 residents by themselves. Management is very cliquey and negative. The management does not help on the floor or with anything actually helpful to the staff at all, they go out and smoke with the nurses they like and are on the computer. When you bring up any concerns you’re told you have a bad attitude

Pros

Good compensation

Cons

Short staffed, horrible management, very high nurse to resident ratio

For profit not care rude power tripping administration

Stay away not healthy place to work rude throw you under the bus upper management. Stress with no support, cheap wont spend money unless it's to make uper managment feel good

Pros

Cool line staff

Cons

Administration

Continually short staffed in all departments.

Residents are great, however, under staffing in all departments is a regular occurrence resulting in residents not receiving quality care on a regular basis. This creates a high stress environment resulting in high turnover.

Pros

Benefits and residents

Cons

Short staffed

Staff is amazing! Very helpful and knowledgeable. Willing to go above and beyond. Has a very welcoming atmosphere not only for residents but for family and staff also.

Pros

Great staff

Cons

None so far

As a RN, Highly recommended Lance Manor

Love the people, the service and care that is provided. I worked here back in 2012 and recently returned. Also recommended to family as residents here as well.

nice place

I worked on the dementia unit and I loved the residents so much but most staff are rude and you have to try to fit in and the staffing was always awful for evening. they treated the rehab unit like the only good unit and peopl would take longer breaks so sometimes yo never get one

Grow From Within

I love the fact that you can grow from within the facility and are encouraged to do so. I love my job and being able to help people! We love seeing new faces and having old ones stick around and make Lancaster an even better place to work at!

Fun place to work

Lancaster Rehabilitation Center is a great place to work! The staff is very friendly and cares a lot about their residents! Everyone seems to get along very well.

Pros

Free lunches

Under new owners and new leaders

Enjoy my job, enjoy the residents. Owner knows if employees are happy they provide better care and are here for the right reasons! New leadership team!

Strong team and caring staff

I have worked at Lancaster for over 5.5 years and I have loved every minute of it. I have had multiple opportunities for growth throughout my time at Lancaster. I’m constantly impressed by the amount of staff who are so passionate about their work. Families and residents frequently mention how kind staff are - which is what truly matters at the end of the day. I’m proud to say I’m part of the Lancaster team.

Pros

Passionate team members, strong leadership, fun residents

Horrible place to work

Most the CNA staff do not care about the residents at all. Favoritism is high if you aren't well liked then you don't matter. Some CNA/Caregivers will dissappear for 30 to 45 minutes at a time. Supervisors don't care. Even when they have been told about staff neglecting or being rude to the residents they do nothing staff isn't held accountable. They will give 1 person 4 points for calling in on a weekend and others don't even get any points. HR is rude and unprofessional. They'll use a hoyer on their own when they're a 2 assist and they don't even strap the residents in the sit to stand. Honestly don't know how they're still running like they are.

Pros

Helping residents

Cons

Horrible supervisors, lack of care.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lancaster Rehabilitation Center. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Ratings from women

2.7
InHerSight Score
2.5Personal Development
2.9Career Opportunities
2.7Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight