Lancaster Rehabilitation Center
Happiness rating is 61 out of 100

Lancaster Rehabilitation Center Employee Reviews for Nursing Assistant

Nursing Assistant14 reviews
United States14 reviews

The size of the facility allows to experience many levels of care.

I was employed 9 years.there are many good things about being a nurse aide with this company. I believe one has to take responsibility for what atmosphere you yourself promote.This is a large facility and you will be given plenty of opportunity to find what is your best fit.

Always Understaffed

I worked per diem at Lancaster and it was frustrating, to say the least. No matter how many hours you work they will always ask more and if you are a regular they will not provide the same bonuses they do for per diem workers. They are always understaffed so you may not get your required break. The support staff that is responsible for cleaning does an incredibly poor job so get used to your shoes sticking to the floor. How they are still open I have no idea.

Lancaster Rehabilitation Center insights

Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Support from manager
  • Overall satisfaction

nice place

I worked on the dementia unit and I loved the residents so much but most staff are rude and you have to try to fit in and the staffing was always awful for evening. they treated the rehab unit like the only good unit and peopl would take longer breaks so sometimes yo never get one

Horrible place to work

Most the CNA staff do not care about the residents at all. Favoritism is high if you aren't well liked then you don't matter. Some CNA/Caregivers will dissappear for 30 to 45 minutes at a time. Supervisors don't care. Even when they have been told about staff neglecting or being rude to the residents they do nothing staff isn't held accountable. They will give 1 person 4 points for calling in on a weekend and others don't even get any points. HR is rude and unprofessional. They'll use a hoyer on their own when they're a 2 assist and they don't even strap the residents in the sit to stand. Honestly don't know how they're still running like they are.

Pros

Helping residents

Cons

Horrible supervisors, lack of care.

Supportive environment for all employees!

Lancaster Rehabilitation Center is a great place to work. They are very encouraging and supportive for all employees. I appreciate that fact that I have been able to grown in my position and learn new things as a C.N.A. They make sure to celebrate successes with monthly employee events such as smoothies, food trucks, and holiday events. It is a rewarding place to work and the residents make it feel like home.

revolving door

While I only worked part time while I was there I usually had overtime every paycheck. Staff would come and go so quickly through the doors that I never really got to know anyone. I only worked a short time because of school. I did enjoy the patients and the staff that had stayed for longer than 30 days.

okay place to work

I didn't feel like the CNAs or Nurses there really cared about patients. Obviously there were exceptions to that, but for the most part I wouldn't put my own family there

A good place to work when getting your foot in the door

A typical day at work is getting everyone ready for either for the day for bed, making sure they are clean in all the right places, and making sure that everyone has a good meal each meal time. I've learned to be more patient with those who have a hard time talking. The management process needs a little work but is getting there. The hardest part for me is not being able to do something for them and just watch them suffer before they get sent out or pass away. For me the most enjoyable part of my day is seeing everyone of my residents smile, hear them laugh and just listening to their stories.

Pros

Listening to great stories of how the resident lived their life.

Cons

Short breaks, health insurance is too expensive

Awful People to work with

Management is completely political. You aren't recognized for any of your work unless you are close friends with someone higher up. Other CNAs are resistant to helping other stations

Pros

Bath aides

Cons

Conceded Nurses, Little Help, Rude HR

A Day At Lancaster

While working as a CNA I would normally work evening shift. (2:30-10:30) However, the facility was short staffed so most of evening shift had to stay till 3 am. We would get up our residents from a nap, toilet them, and chart. Than we would take them down to dinner. After dinner we had to chart the meals, toilet everyone again and chart again. Lastly, we had to put everyone to bed and make sure that we were taking good care of their hygiene. As the night goes into morning we had to make sure that everyone was still well taken care of and charted on.

Pros

Weekend pay

Uphill Battle for Good Aides

This was my first CNA job out of school. They did a really good job of helping make sure I was prepared before my first day. However, that's where the help ended. Their monthly inservices are a joke (not educational at all). Their management and nurses rarely agree upon how to handle situations. I can count many MANY times when a resident suffered because a nurse was not willing to get up from the desk and do their job. They also rarely reprimand aides who do not do their job, even bordering on neglect or abuse. Working here is overly stressful for good aides: nurses will give you conflicting reports on something as simple as a care plan or how a resident transfers, and the shift before you so rarely has their job done that you can never catch up. In short, I would never dream of sending a family member to live here because even the few good employees aren't nearly enough to provide even decent care.

Pros

Lots of hands-on time with residents, upper management give the feeling they care for employees personally.

Cons

Poor management strategies, lazy nurses, lack of accountability, too much social drama/politics in the workplace.

Pros and Cons

Working at Lancaster was an awesome learning experience with great people. management could have been more compassionate. VERY fast paced. Definitely recommend being prepared before starting to work here.

Pros

Fun staff, great residents, bonus opportunities

Cons

high turnover rate, frustrating management

stressful

the job itself as a CNA is stressful and everyone knows that. however, working here is added stress times 10. its always short staffed and the resident to worker ratio is ridiculous. your always on the go which can help with time but for the most part its hard to get a break in .

Quick Paced

We all worked as a team in the facility which made things great and easier for everyone also didn't make us as stressed as others would think the job would be

Pros

breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lancaster Rehabilitation Center. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

2.7
InHerSight Score
2.5Personal Development
2.9Career Opportunities
2.7Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight

Compare Lancaster Rehabilitation Center with

Lancaster Rehabilitation Center Reviews by Location

Career recommendations for Nursing Assistant

Explore information on salaries, job satisfaction, skills and more

Learn about Lancaster Rehabilitation Center in popular locations