Land O’Lakes, Inc.
57Below average

Land O’Lakes, Inc. Employee Reviews

United States386 reviews
The job is a fun learning environment that encourages innovation. They are people and data driven, and because of that they inspire positvity in work environments and good business relationships.
They are lucky they got one star overall. Dont care about employees safety, happiness , or the chance for advancement. I was threatened to be shot at work several times by my bosses friends son and my boss did nothing until i made him. I was retaliated against and treated horribly since . Im glad i dont work there anymore .my warehouse manager cant even read. 100N1lie
Pros
I have a different job
Cons
Any that you can think of
This place is completely disorganized. Its always just management playing the blame game for problems they cause. They dont know how to take responsibility for their actions. Their overtime is unreasonable with working 12 hrs overnight. For the almost 2 years i worked there, i had very little time to do anything on my off days. (If i had any) The employees try their hardest but you can only take so much.
when you expect employees to know how to do the job right out of the gate your setting not only the company but the employees up for failure at best minimal training with this company with high expectations
I think there idea of getting employees to work well together is to have them watching there own backs and turning any behavior that they determine is inappropriate. This brings out bad resentments. It is not good to have employees turn on one another. They will not work well as a team. The good thing was the pay was better then avarage for the location,
Would you recommend working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
Love the farmer mission. Glad to see the company heading in the right direction. Aged brand, needs to engage younger consumers more. They have the strategy in place to do so.
Extremely busy company with a high traffic of clientele due to both walk ins and online inquiries. You must be comfortable working under pressure during situations that need immediate responses to.
Good company to work for but can get caught up in the red tape of things being a larger company. Hard to beat the benifits that are provided and they are farmer owned coop.
I don't recommend any one to work here there horrible they don't communicate they lie and they're management team are awful they act like really nice but treat you badly
They love to demeanor you and make

You feel belittled very disrespectful place to work there cameras in the cabs of the truck are used against you and you cant never do anything right
To many cross contamination in feed products.daily machine break downs.expected to fix yourself.no proper lunch rooms.place is just a disaster..couldnt even draw my 401k when i left.kept given me excuses sayin its been sent.it took 72 days before i recieved
In the 8 months that I was there, I spoke to my supervisor ONCE! And that was because the tech. lead that I worked with didn't feel that I spoke to him with respect when I asked him about technical requirements. The managers that are the decision makers are not available. Both teams that I was a part of suffered immensely from this organization not having a clear direction from either the product owners or the managing directors. From what I could tell, there are a lot of people there that can talk the talk, but cannot actually walk the walk, which is unfortunate, as it really is a great company.
Ben put in intervention 3 times for braking hard. Last one was at a gas pump. Few issues with that but other than the privacy issue with camera, great job. Not very many hours of overtime in the winter months but great in spring summer and fall. So far.....
The schedule is set so you can plan your year if you like. Holidays are paid in the week they are worked instead of at a later time. Triple pay is work Holiday. A lot of standing on concrete. Uniforms and boots are supplied. Once at plant, one can not leave until end of shift.
If you can tolerate hypocrisy, hostile work environment, overt racism, then this job is for you! Absolutely no consideration for hard work, personality contest.
Very strong with values company. Make new employees feel accepted and help new employees feel they’ve worked there longer then they actually have. Leaders are open door and very proactive, and you can stop and speak to them anytime you need questions answered.
It was a nice place to work. Ether need more orientation for new beginning people. But it’s a great place to work. You learn different things about home grown crops.
The people were generous in transferring their knowledge. Management's bottom line approach failed to resolve long-term issues. Rotation program not offered to all.
The worse company I ever worked for no teamwork at all nobody speaks English can not comprehend how people can be leads and not speak English they hired me for forklift operator but put me at pallets pallet sta
Pros
Non
Cons
Every thing
The good is the people I work work. The bad is they dont take into count what experience someone has for other job bids. They pick and choose who they want.
New hires can expect to bounce around shifts, and depending on the department, a fair amount of overtime.
Most jobs at the plant are fairly easy, but a few can be very physically demanding.
Pros
Pay and benifits are outstanding. Union representation
Cons
Seniority system means most new employees will only find permanent positions on 3rd shift
The management was really good, great atmosphere, professional people. They were very helpful. Training was good very open to answering questions and they would add new responsibilities slowly.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Land O’Lakes, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.
Women's ratings

3.3Fairygodboss Score

75%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

50%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.