Land O’Lakes, Inc. Employee Reviews

This is one of the best places I worked for.
Sr QA Analyst/Automation Engineer (Current Employee) –  Arden Hills, MNSeptember 15, 2018
Being a Sr. QA Analyst this company has the best work environment I have ever worked. The QA manager was very supportive in taking the ideas and plans for the project and the QA analyst and automation engineers were very manageable and supportive when meeting the deadline of any project.
Quality Auditor
Quality Control Inspector Temp (Former Employee) –  Lansing, ILSeptember 14, 2018
Poor management. Very cut throat and the management lacks leadership and organizational behavior. Ended my temp services after having death in the family. Lack of compassion. Certain managers tend to pick on employees.
Pros
Not sure it’s worth mentioning
Cons
Cut throat, poor management
Good Company
HR Manager (Current Employee) –  Arden Hills, MNSeptember 12, 2018
Land O'Lakes mission is great, there are a lot of people working toward the good of all farmers.

Managers are in need of a lot of management training. They are moving to open work enviorment and many managers do not know how to manage a team that way.
now defunct
Factory Worker (Former Employee) –  Faribault, MNSeptember 11, 2018
This review is for a factory job in a factory that no longer exists. Land O'Lakes had a bunch of tiny factories all over the place, and had to consolidate due to pressure from market forces
Productive and Fast Pace
Palletizer Operator, and Case Packer Operator (Former Employee) –  Tulare, CASeptember 5, 2018
Good work environment, good job security. Good benifits and discounts. Overtime and Holiday pay is good. Its a Union plant, so alot more job security overall. HR is really good at helping fix any problems or needs you may have. Really good communication between Supervisors and the Employees.
Wonderful place to work! Very people-friendly. Good work/life balance
Marketer (Former Employee) –  Arden Hills, MNSeptember 3, 2018
Land O'Lakes is a very happy place to work. The farmer-owned aspect has much to do with that. I had the privilege of meeting the farmer-owners and it was an absolute highlight of my time there. LOL takes good of its people on a daily basis and offers flexible work options to help you preserve work/life balance. It's a very values-driven company dedicated to "Feeding Human Progress". Their market leadership in B2B food/agriculture is where the company is strongest. They struggle a little with marketing fundamentals in retail and innovation, which is related to the reason I left the company. (I got recruited by another company that was stronger in these areas of interest to me, though leaving was hard because I really loved working at Land O'Lakes and was very happy). They are heavily invested in overly-commoditized products, which makes the boom and bust business cycles quite volatile. For marketers, LOL is the most advantageous place to work if you're looking for job security and work/life balance over rapid advancement/highly challenging work. I would go back to work there if the right opportunity presented itself, and I recommend it highly to others.
Pros
Work/life balance, people-friendly culture, competitive starting salary, good benefits. Strong B2B food/agriculture businesses
Cons
A little under-developed in retail and innovation, diversified business model is cool but doesn't always seem to make logical sense
Different experience as a contractor
Information Technology Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Arden Hills, MNAugust 28, 2018
Working for Land O'Lakes corporate as a contractor, you obviously do not get the full benefits of being a full timer. It can sometimes get as bad as employees treating you differently just because the realized you're a contractor.
Good place
Finance Manager (Current Employee) –  Arden Hills, MNAugust 28, 2018
All in all a good place to work. Land O'Lakes really cares about their commitment to the community and their purpose (Feeding Human Progress). Good place but not what it used to be!
Marketing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Shoreview, MNAugust 23, 2018
Land O Lakes is a great place to work. It has a new building with alot of amenities that are really great. The people are friendly and the work life balance is great.
Productive and fast pace
Associate maintenance manager (Current Employee) –  Hicksville, NYAugust 11, 2018
Great company, excellent benefits and employees treatment. The salaries are very competitive and safety is the most important for them. A salary increases every year and a good bonus
Young management team.
Maintenance Mechanic Technician (Former Employee) –  Henderson, COAugust 6, 2018
Very young management team. All about production not quality and people's interest. No support no supervision. Very dusty environment old equipment. Good benefits
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Not detailed oriented
Less customer focused
Senior Customer Support Analyst (Current Employee) –  RemoteJuly 27, 2018
Enjoyed working with customers to resolve issues reported.

Management does not communicate with remote employees as they do for in house, leaving you with a feeling of being excluded.

Most difficult part of the job is dealing with angry callers.

Job duties assigned with minimal training.

Replacing long term employees with offshore resources.
Pros
Work remote
Cons
More focused on what is best for mangement rather than customer
What i learned
MEP MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LAJuly 26, 2018
Management is not loyal to his Supervisors.
The location I worked has not a healthy work culture.
In the overall i have nothing good to say about this company.
Even if your do your job you can still have problems.
Laborer/Operator (Current Employee) –  Tulare, CAJuly 24, 2018
In the beginning LOL didn't make any waves...but as soon as they got full control of this business things really began to change. The main office (Minnesota) began to pass down their herrassment of employees. For the past 15/20 years I've seen things that should not have happend to good people employed here. Employees attitudes started to change. I told my supervisor that when you lose the good hard dedicated ones its not long after that when the doors will close. This was a great place to work. But whoever is in charge in Minnesota has not heart, no soul and does not care about the workers at this facilitie.
Pros
Ibt
hostlile place
Forklift Driver (Former Employee) –  Dodge City, KSJuly 17, 2018
I enjoy the job workin there cuz it was fun but there some manager that abuse they position nd try to quick on get fired cuz it was racist guys there nd u font feel good to go there anymore
Great place to work!
Arden Hills, Minnesota - Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Arden Hills, MNJuly 17, 2018
Very busy place. Prep your kitchen and start cutting chicken! 1 inch by 1 inch by 1 inch. You're working for scientists you have to get it right.
I learned I like working with nice people. The people you work with matter!
Management was good. I never ever saw them
The culture is amazingly supportive and actually loving
The hardest part of the job is being on your feet all day
the best part of the job was the free yogurt.
Pros
free yogurt
Cons
unpaid lunch breaks
Good Pay poor leadership
Operator (Current Employee) –  Melrose, MNJuly 13, 2018
Integrity in upper management at Melrose is lacking. If HR or the Managers don't like you, they will get you fired. Most Supervisors don't have any idea what they are doing and those that do start figuring things out are run out of the plant. Morale is low due to there not being any trust between the floor and management. As an example I recently lost a Supervisor who was the best we had seen in years because he was honest about a mistake he made. The company has no integrity left.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
Bad Management, low morale, High Turnover
fast paced and very productive
Line associate (Former Employee) –  Turlock, CAJune 29, 2018
I enjoyed working at Land O' Lakes because it was a fast pace environment and we had to move quickly because we were constantly very busy and I got to meet some very nice people.
Pros
nice people, didn't work on the weekend
Cons
it was a 30 minute drive to get to work every day
fun and productive
Agricultural Worker (Former Employee) –  Elizabethtown, PAMay 30, 2018
great working with people and animals. well paced job and relaxing. got to learn new things and activities you learned threw out the day.would deff recommend it to anyone.
Pros
lunch brakes
Cons
real early in the morning to start
good
Bagger (Former Employee) –  Pine Island, MNMay 17, 2018
great place to work if your young and don't mind long hours. we had some great sup. when we inquired a new gen. manager , a lot the good ones got let go
Pros
yearlyl golf outings
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Land O’Lakes, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.5InHerSight Score

3.3Personal Development

3.8Career Opportunities

3.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight