Land O’Lakes, Inc. Employee Reviews

Great Complant. Bad plant
2nd and 3rd shift Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Richmond, INJanuary 4, 2019
Love this company. Just didnt like the location I was at. They highly value their employees. They put time into training and letting you get to know the business and your peers.
Pros
Valued their employees
Stressful
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNDecember 31, 2018
Fast-pace and stressful. Not the best job I have ever had, but not the worst job either. The pay is decent, but could be a lot better for the area I work in.
Pros
Vacation Time
Cons
Pay and lots of Saturdays
Wonderful place to Work
AP Coordinator / Contract (Former Employee) –  Shoreview, MNDecember 31, 2018
Good work culture and safety been the number one priority. Good co- workers that work with a sense of purpose. Diverse work force and the pay is right.
Cons
Decent company to work for.
Senior Systems Technician 2 (Current Employee) –  Arden Hills, MNDecember 27, 2018
Great company to work for, with the exception of this last year, they did a lot of out sourcing. A little behind the times but it was done.
Over the years it has been a decent company to work for, I have no regrets coming here. they have good benefits, and a decent 401K plan. Especially as you get older.
They seem to be putting a lot of money into the buildings and work environment for their employees.
Lol is very top notch in quality and ethics
National Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNDecember 24, 2018
I enjoyed working for LandOLakes for about 36 years and was proud to be apart of the organization , I held several positions from sales to management and training and traveling across the United States interacting with farmers and fertilizer dealers try to increase crop yields with current products and new ideas to increase yield and quality
Pros
Integrity
Cons
So much traveling
Contract worker
Network Engineer (Current Employee) –  Arden Hills, MNDecember 22, 2018
No chance to get hired as being a contract worker as they are letting their full time staff go. Sometimes I think I'm safter being a contract worker. The pay is poor.
Wonderful company to work for with exceptional benefits!
Sr. Recruiter - West Region (Former Employee) –  Arden Hills, MNDecember 14, 2018
Land O'Lakes, Inc. provided tools available to ensure success of its employees. Culture of the company is very diverse and management provides strong support across the organization.
Pros
Flexible work hours, mentorship programs, management
Bad day
Night boiler operator (Former Employee) –  Pine Island, MNDecember 13, 2018
I Was fine working there until new management came in and made it a hostile place to work. It pitted day crew against night crew, it pitted operators against Maintenance men
Great Pay
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Melrose, MNDecember 4, 2018
Expectation is that you work 10 plus hours a day. I learned that one bad facility does not define the company as a whole. The hardest part of the job was management. I went through 2 plant managers, 4 operation managers and constant turn over of fellow supervisors. The best part of the job was the shift schedule and hourly employees.
No hiring from within
Distribution Coordinator Contractor (Former Employee) –  Shoreview, MNDecember 3, 2018
I worked as a contractor for Land O Lakes. A position opened up on the team I was helping. I then had to train the new hire how to do my job knowing that I had only 3-4 weeks left on my contract.
Pros
Pay was decent from contract company
Cons
No job advancement

Want to know more about Land O’Lakes, Inc.?

Ask a question
Loved it! Amazing place to be.
Intermediate Warehouse Operator (Former Employee) –  Hubbard, ORNovember 26, 2018
If I didnt relocate back east I would have stayed with this company the rest of my working life. If you like to drive fork lift it's by far the best place to go.
Pros
Great co workers, amazing clientele, great benefits.
Cons
A little slow at getting your quarterly raises/bonuses
Great coworkers, but very competitive, rather than cooperative business plan
Systems Modeler (Current Employee) –  Gray Summit, MONovember 9, 2018
I loved my teammates and really enjoyed the work with them. I struggled with the species team's at Purina because they are very competitive and do not cooperate for the benefit of the company. Instead, they are very concerned with promoting their own image. This made for a lot of disconnected teams, that didn't have shared benefits/learnings, which resulted in a huge loss of potential.
Pros
Great benefits/pay, flexible work hours, great teammates
Cons
Poor cooperation among teams
Land O'Lakes butter and more
Sr. Administrative Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Arden Hills, MNNovember 8, 2018
Land O'Lakes has a new open work environment promoting collaborative work between employees and teams. Discounts on butter and other Land O'Lakes products is a great bonus.
Culture change
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Statesville, NCOctober 30, 2018
This was a great place to work once upon a time. Things are changing and the changes no longer include employee morale. The changes we were told by management are for the betterment of the company, not the betterment of the employees. Now the employees are jumping ship for the betterment of themselves.
Looking for a job
Maintenance man (Current Employee) –  Fremont, NEOctober 29, 2018
Land O'Lakes was a great place to work and still is I'm just looking for day work it works better with my family and activities I am fine Land O Lakes to work with me very well except for the fact that I need the Day hours
Pros
Cons
Third shift hours 6 to 6
Great Place to Work
Social Marketing Associate (Current Employee) –  Arden Hills, MNOctober 27, 2018
LOL is a great place to work. I would recommend. I like the environment and the changes that are being made within the company. With a new CEO, things are bound to get better.
Management and workers
Assistant Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Kiel, WIOctober 24, 2018
There is an extreme divide between what the workers want and want management wants workers to do. This is one of the main reasons it is very hard for the company to retain employees. This is even with great pay and benefits. Also, if you are new it is almost a given that you will be working every weekend and holiday.
Pros
Good pay and benefits
Cons
Hours
Great Place to work. Employee Gym and Clinic.
CUSTOMER SUPPORT SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Arden Hills, MNOctober 16, 2018
Land O'Lakes is a great place to work. Mentors are willing to help you achieve your goals. Employee gym and onsite clinic. Cafeteria and company store.
Good Health Benefits.
Pros
Great Place to work. Good benefits. Events
Cons
Sometimes work load did not allow you to attend events.
Good workforce
Casesealer operator (Former Employee) –  Kent, OHOctober 8, 2018
Many good years with many good people. Many overtime hours some voluntary and some not. A whole lot of rules to follow which is very important to the company that you follow.
Pros
Company gives food parties, good benefits
Cons
Lifting, walking on concrete floors, lots of OT
The ship is sinking
Manager (Current Employee) –  IdahoSeptember 26, 2018
They are firing good talent and it will not be long before they can no longer maintain or attract good talent. Since their Winfield group merged with United suppliers the decisions went from calculated to reactive. It feels like an investment bank took over. I used to reccomend this company to friends. Now I do not wish this experiance upon my most hated enemies. Managers literally tell you now that they cannot guarantee your job tomorrow. That is no way to go to work. They used to pride themselves on their talent development. They used to tell people that they would develop them just in case they had to make difficult employee decisions that they could retain the good talent. This is no longer the case. The ship is sinking. Do not get on.
Pros
Its a job
Cons
They are no longer investing in their future

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Land O’Lakes, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.5InHerSight Score

3.3Personal Development

3.8Career Opportunities

3.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight