Land O'Frost Employee Reviews

It was a decent work enviorment
Sanitation Technician/Quality Control (Former Employee) –  Lansing, ILFebruary 8, 2018
I worked 3rd shift it was hard work but not as hard as other places being a sanitation tech. Lots of over time opportunities.
Also alot of mandatory weekend work.
As long as you can work in a group and communicate alot it a decent job.
Small Company Growing Pains
Director of Brand Management (Former Employee) –  Lansing, ILSeptember 25, 2017
Aiming too high without the right talent to get them there. Great "doers" but to much Sr. Leadership drama to make much progress. I wish them the best of luck,
Productive Atmosphere
Machinist (Former Employee) –  Lansing, ILAugust 16, 2017
Land O'Frost was a good place to work and very family oriented. Everyone was very nice and pleasant and management was very flexible. With Management, they were very fair, however the typical work day was easy and easy to manage.
Pros
Beneftis
Cons
Mandatory OT
Innovative but slow paced
Food Safety Manager (Former Employee) –  Searcy, ARJune 27, 2017
Work day was filled with several activities, very lean operation that could use more staff, local management team cooperative and willing to engage in problem-solving, food safety priority, multiple tasks create difficulty to focus on a set amount of projects - continue to build sometimes without closure.
Pros
Discount meat sales
Cons
tasks are not prioritized and continue to build, slow to accept new ideas
Lots of growth oportunity
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Lansing, ILJune 1, 2017
Started as an assemble employee, ended as a lead personal. Lots of growth and good benefits. Pay was good for the work load and retirement benefits and health benefits.
Good job
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Searcy, ARApril 15, 2017
This is a good place to work. Friendly people and atmosphere as well. I enjoyed going g to work there. They had good pay and benefits for there employees. They cared about their employees.
very good food and fun staff
Factory Laborer (Former Employee) –  Searcy, ARDecember 21, 2016
The staff was great to work around they have the best and out standing Cooking staff any one can look for there energy was very good loved how they talked to each other
Fun place to work....Family atmosphere
Demand Planning Manager (Former Employee) –  Munster, INAugust 23, 2016
Fun place to work...Family atmosphere. Would recommend this place to anyone. Privately held company so you don't have to deal with all of the red tape of a normal public company.
Great place to work for most of the years I was there.
VP (Former Employee) –  ChicagoJuly 21, 2016
Management changes cause change and I was released, in favor of bringing in someone new. Significant long term growth company.
supervisor was very nice and polite
Tray loader/packer (Former Employee) –  Searcy, ARMarch 17, 2016
Land O'Frost is not a bad place to work.
Was impressed with training and willingness of the employer to explain what the products were and willingness of them to train to the point of employees were comfortable with themselves in the workplace.
Pros
smoking area, were not discriminated against because I smoked
Cons
lots of down time, drive to work to find out your line wasnt running and being sent homw
Too Cool
Inventory Control Clerk (Former Employee) –  Searcy, AROctober 26, 2015
It's a overall GREAT! place to work for if you can deal the extreme COLDEST...The pay rate is great and benefits, Job Security it depend on you about getting to work on time and doing your job. There is many advancement at Land O'Frost, This company will mess you out your unemployment, if you quit or get fired....ijs. Please focus.....
Pros
Lunching weekly and PotLuck
Cons
Cool Temp
Family Owned Company & Atmosphere
(Title) Graphics Manager (Current Employee) –  Searcy, ARSeptember 9, 2014
I am the Graphics Manager at Land O’Frost Inc. and have been here for 7 years as of July 2014. My job consists of managing all LOF product packaging, promotional, & marketing graphics. From conceptual design to pre-press & final product. Only excepting the highest level of design & quality standards. In my 7 years here at LOF my skill set has grown in design ability & ability to manage multiple large projects within strict deadlines. My objective is to become Senior Designer or Art Director. Promotional Elements, Package Design, Marketing Strategy have become my focus in the last couple years & would like to move toward the higher end in the graphics department. The problem is I don't see any Advancement here in my future with the way the structure has been set up.
Pros
Good Work/Life balence with work hours
unionize!!
MEAT GRINDER (Former Employee) –  Lansing, ILMay 4, 2013
401k promise and a union that will stand by your side to the end.
Pros
great for someone just graduating highschool.
Cons
pay needs to improve..

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Land O'Frost. Our community is ready to answer.

Land O'Frost Reviews by Location