Landair Employee Reviews

driver
Driver/DLC (Former Employee) –  Greeneville, TN 37743May 5, 2018
4 days 12 hour day first shift wed/sat . They have two to week stut downs a year , and there is no pay for them , and you only get 8 hours pay for vacation and sick days.
Pros
nice job
Cons
very high insurance
Decent company and people
On-Site Manager (Former Employee) –  Greenville, TNApril 23, 2018
Was a fun place to work. Southeastern based company with good management team and room to grow. They are very good at the niches that they serve in the industry.
LandAir
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Janesville, WIApril 13, 2018
I thought LandAir was a good job because it kept me busy the entire shift and gave me a good crew of people to work around. I would enjoy going to work and getting to be involved in helping to meet the work requirements for the day.
Pros
Fast-Paced
Cons
low salary
Landair is a good company to work for.
Yard spotter (Former Employee) –  Neenah, WIMarch 19, 2018
No pressure working environment. The only thing that they push is to be safe while performing your work assignments. Very flexible and accommodating to your personal needs. Mangers are very supportive and user friendly. They would rather find a way to keep you than to let you go.
Pros
Decent pay. Employee friendly.
Cons
Benefits suck!
Friendly Work Enviroment
Truck Driver Class A (Current Employee) –  Asheboro, NCMarch 19, 2018
I haven't found the perfect truck driving job because one doesn't exist, but that being said, I do enjoy this job more than any I've previously had. My supervisor is as fair as any I've worked for in the past and treats the drivers with much respect. Job can be demanding at times, (long days) but rewarding with a decent paycheck. Not a lot of free time Mon-Fri but am compensated fairly come payday so everything is tolerable.
Pros
Home Daily/No Touch Freight
Cons
Long Hours/High Insurance
Dont want to work Anywhere else
Driver (Current Employee) –  Kingsport, TNMarch 5, 2018
The Kingsport Tn (Eastman),staff are the best, They care about you and your family. From Taylor Tim Ashley Tanya and Tom could not ask for a better group of people to work for.
Pros
Kingsport
Cons
Pay
Overall decent
Manager (Former Employee) –  TennesseeFebruary 20, 2018
Most of the management team was pleasant to work with. Some stood out more than others. Small business equaled high health benefits and slow turn around on HR related questions. Mostly enjoyable place to work as long as you can make some friends quickly.
Pros
growing company, exceptional members of management
Cons
small minded company, high health insurance, limited support on HR related issues, quick growth led to inconsistencies
Good place overall
Stockroom Associate (Current Employee) –  Chester, VAFebruary 3, 2018
Partnership: We roll up our sleeves when given the opportunity to tackle your supply chain challenges. We look for ways to add value and reduce costs. We solve problems you never knew existed. We communicate consistently.
Performance: We make your supply chain work harder and smarter. We perform at the highest industry standards. Then we strive to deliver service beyond performance.
Passion: We love what we do and we do it well. We bring a spirit of ingenuity to everything we do. And we’re always thinking on your behalf.
Fast-paced and competitive
PC and Network Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Greeneville, TNFebruary 1, 2018
You are kept busy so time goes fast. I worked at LandAir many years ago when the company was smaller...so things may have changed immensely since I worked there. So, I really cannot say what it is like to work there today.
Pros
Fast paced and time passes fast
Cons
Competitive
It is a great company to work for.
Assistant manager (Former Employee) –  Lumberton, NCNovember 28, 2017
LandAir is a great company to be apart of. The atmosphere is very welcoming. Every one that I I was able to meet were down to earth and easy to get along with.
great place to work
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Greeneville, TNNovember 21, 2017
landair was a good place to start your career in trucking.
the driver managers try to work with you on your loads
and give you the option to purchase items for your truck.
Good place, but poor communication
Owner Operator/Independent Contractor (Current Employee) –  Greeneville, TNSeptember 26, 2017
Landair is an alright place to work. Communication could be a 1000% better. Had a few problems with dispatch that could have been avoided if the dispatcher would have simply told the truth. Dispatchers MUST understand that telling a driver the truth is MUCH better than telling a lie because a driver will have your back more if he/she knows their dispatch is honest.
Pros
Alright at times
Cons
Poor communication
There is no opportunity for growth.
Stock Room Assoiciate (Current Employee) –  Chester, VAAugust 27, 2017
A typical day at work would consist of receiving packages from off of the vendors truck using a forklift and placing the items in stock. Issue parts out of stock to maintenance using computer SAP system.
Pros
Breaks on the clock
Cons
No cons
Dedicated Driver (Former Employee) –  Greeneville, TNAugust 25, 2017
I give Landair 4 stars. I made lots of friends working there. Operations were friendly and outgoing. I would go back to work for them anytime. Always listened.
good company to work for
OTR Driver (Former Employee) –  Greenville, TNJune 30, 2017
Job was easy, OTR a lot... management made sure I had home time. Company overall good to work for. No insurance coverage. Made sure my deliveries was on time.
Pros
home time
Cons
OTR alot
Great Company
Director of Safety and Training (Current Employee) –  Greeneville, TNApril 27, 2017
The people at Landair are amazing to work with and are in the business to help solve problems. This company strives to make the driver position the most important of the company.
Pros
compensation
Cons
n/a
Amazing Place to Work
N/A (Current Employee) –  Greeneville, TNApril 26, 2017
From the people, to the management, to the culture, Landair is amazing! The culture is fun and fosters learning, teamwork and growth. Leaders here are always encouraging and helping you to achieve your professional goals. Couldn't be more happy to come to work everyday!
Pros
Colleagues, Culture, Benefits
Cons
I liked my job and the employees i worked with
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Janesville, WIMarch 9, 2017
A typical day at work was me starting up the line with an ATV Gator at the first station putting parts on the unit. I learned how to assemble ATV Gators. Management needs improvement. The hardest part of the job opening and closing of the racks that the Gators were on. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with good people.
Pros
Potlucks
Cons
Picking up trash outside to get your 8 hours.
Horrible company to work for...
Driver (Former Employee) –  Kingsport, TNFebruary 25, 2017
A lot of false promises. Trucks are pathetically slow and under-powered. Breakdown dept is horrible. If you breakdown expect to sit on the side of the road for several hours. If you don't report mechanical issues you could get written up and suspended, but when you do report problems it takes several breakdown reports to get the mechanics to fix the problem. If you have a minor problem with your truck, breakdown usually tells you that it'll get fixed next time the truck goes into service and when it goes into service it doesn't get fixed. Then you have to waste your time and money to go back to the shop to get them to do what they should have done in the first place.
Pros
The office crew in Kingsport. They were great!!!
Cons
Breakdown dept, upper management, equipment..
Worst job I ever had
Truck driver (Former Employee) –  Columbus OhioJanuary 25, 2017
No load no miles no money they ask you to run eligle all the time if you do money is there you don't you get no loads that pay unorganized rude people and I would not refer anyone to work there just a awful company
Pros
If you run eligle make money
Cons
Everything about the company

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Landair. Our community is ready to answer.