Landair Employee Reviews

Good, cosistent job
Full-Time Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CA 91730March 2, 2019
Good, reliable job, overtime gets offered often enough, sometimes too much! Managers always friendly and easy to talk to, fellow coworkers were also very helpful and welcoming of new comers.
BAD BAD BAD place to work
yard driver (Former Employee) –  Hartsville, SCFebruary 12, 2019
this is a job that tries to trap you in poor working condition they want to keep u under there thumb . so you cant go any place else .they try to hold the lease little thing over your head like reporting non since to your dat report or should I say threatening too .the supervisors are not there to work with you .safety is number 1 as long as it does slow down production .even when you go above and beyond its not enough was there 6 months not many stay people came and went so fast never knew some of there names
Pros
Cons
everything
Poor Miles
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIJanuary 7, 2019
Because of poor mileage given, there were several times that didn't receive a paycheck but was still expected to work in a normal fashion. At time of my employment they had very small contracts that were more regional than otr.
Pros
n/a
Cons
Poor mileage
This is a rag tag ,mom and pop run company. For drivers with experiance stay away. The worst company ive ever worked for.
OTR Driver (Former Employee) –  Hartsville, SCJanuary 3, 2019
This company is sorry. It's runs like a mom and pop operation. This is the 3rd company I've been in the last 5 years, this is by far the worst. All I can do is shake my head. Screw landair.
Terrible management
CDL Class A Driver (Former Employee) –  Hartsville, SCDecember 29, 2018
The most non communicating management I have ever worked for... When they sre wrong they make it be your fault.. I belive they intentionally make the days of drivers horrible.. They are rude and mean and as soon as you speak to them how they do you then thats when it becomes a problem
Pros
Weends off
Cons
Management.. equipment..
Decent place
Receiver (Former Employee) –  Warsaw, NCNovember 29, 2018
Decent place to work, you get your own little work area. The jobs are not difficult, they are pretty simple and easy. As long as you get your job done and reach your goal things go smooth.
Professional
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 12, 2018
Professional, courteous and the position is challenging. Working in this role requires excellent customer representative experience and knowledge of numerous systems.
Its ok
Laborer (Current Employee) –  Warsaw ncAugust 21, 2018
Its ok up and downs work hard seems like on one cares try go place to work if are full time if your not it going to be hardi try to work and block it out easy work that they make hard be hard work pay off thats what i do
Pros
Na
Cons
Na
fast pace
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 15, 2018
got truck assiement go pick up load take to destination come back with a empty drop it grab another. it was fast pace drop and hook all day . trucks where in half decent shape some new some old.
Pros
coworkers
Cons
management
driver
Driver/DLC (Former Employee) –  Greeneville, TN 37743May 5, 2018
4 days 12 hour day first shift wed/sat . They have two to week stut downs a year , and there is no pay for them , and you only get 8 hours pay for vacation and sick days.
Pros
nice job
Cons
very high insurance
Decent company and people
On-Site Manager (Former Employee) –  Greenville, TNApril 23, 2018
Was a fun place to work. Southeastern based company with good management team and room to grow. They are very good at the niches that they serve in the industry.
LandAir
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Janesville, WIApril 13, 2018
I thought LandAir was a good job because it kept me busy the entire shift and gave me a good crew of people to work around. I would enjoy going to work and getting to be involved in helping to meet the work requirements for the day.
Pros
Fast-Paced
Cons
low salary
Landair is a good company to work for.
Yard spotter (Former Employee) –  Neenah, WIMarch 19, 2018
No pressure working environment. The only thing that they push is to be safe while performing your work assignments. Very flexible and accommodating to your personal needs. Mangers are very supportive and user friendly. They would rather find a way to keep you than to let you go.
Pros
Decent pay. Employee friendly.
Cons
Benefits suck!
Friendly Work Enviroment
Truck Driver Class A (Current Employee) –  Asheboro, NCMarch 19, 2018
I haven't found the perfect truck driving job because one doesn't exist, but that being said, I do enjoy this job more than any I've previously had. My supervisor is as fair as any I've worked for in the past and treats the drivers with much respect. Job can be demanding at times, (long days) but rewarding with a decent paycheck. Not a lot of free time Mon-Fri but am compensated fairly come payday so everything is tolerable.
Pros
Home Daily/No Touch Freight
Cons
Long Hours/High Insurance
Dont want to work Anywhere else
Driver (Current Employee) –  Kingsport, TNMarch 5, 2018
The Kingsport Tn (Eastman),staff are the best, They care about you and your family. From Taylor Tim Ashley Tanya and Tom could not ask for a better group of people to work for.
Pros
Kingsport
Cons
Pay
Overall decent
Manager (Former Employee) –  TennesseeFebruary 20, 2018
Most of the management team was pleasant to work with. Some stood out more than others. Small business equaled high health benefits and slow turn around on HR related questions. Mostly enjoyable place to work as long as you can make some friends quickly.
Pros
growing company, exceptional members of management
Cons
small minded company, high health insurance, limited support on HR related issues, quick growth led to inconsistencies
Good place overall
Stockroom Associate (Current Employee) –  Chester, VAFebruary 3, 2018
Partnership: We roll up our sleeves when given the opportunity to tackle your supply chain challenges. We look for ways to add value and reduce costs. We solve problems you never knew existed. We communicate consistently.
Performance: We make your supply chain work harder and smarter. We perform at the highest industry standards. Then we strive to deliver service beyond performance.
Passion: We love what we do and we do it well. We bring a spirit of ingenuity to everything we do. And we’re always thinking on your behalf.
Fast-paced and competitive
PC and Network Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Greeneville, TNFebruary 1, 2018
You are kept busy so time goes fast. I worked at LandAir many years ago when the company was smaller...so things may have changed immensely since I worked there. So, I really cannot say what it is like to work there today.
Pros
Fast paced and time passes fast
Cons
Competitive
It is a great company to work for.
Assistant manager (Former Employee) –  Lumberton, NCNovember 28, 2017
LandAir is a great company to be apart of. The atmosphere is very welcoming. Every one that I I was able to meet were down to earth and easy to get along with.
great place to work
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Greeneville, TNNovember 21, 2017
landair was a good place to start your career in trucking.
the driver managers try to work with you on your loads
and give you the option to purchase items for your truck.