Landmark Bank Employee Reviews

Fun to deal with customers
Teller II (Former Employee) –  Licking, MOJanuary 28, 2019
Your customer base are a joy but the face paced work can be stressful . Not much for advancement but the shifts are nice and most weekends you are off
Productive and Fast Pace
TELLER (Current Employee) –  Durant, OKJanuary 5, 2019
I absolutely love working for Landmark Bank, these people have really became my family and day after day show me that they are there for me in more than just a work related day! The benefits are also quite amazing, especially if you come from somewhere that gives you no benefits.
Pros
Free lunches every other week or so
Cons
Have to request pay raises
easy work load/ bad pay
TELLER (Former Employee) –  Zachary, LADecember 12, 2018
the company doesn't pay very well but they paid into your health insurance completely ( they did back then not sure now). Easy work load, hours aren't unreasonable, they're pretty fair with scheduling.
Strong management, good working environment
Teller II (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MONovember 30, 2018
Management at Landmark really cares about their employees and it is a great place to work. I would strongly recommend that people check out Landmark Bank as a potential employer.
Great family company
Banking Services Manager (BSM) (Former Employee) –  Van Alstyne, TXNovember 26, 2018
Landmark nurtured my career and led my development. I had many great role models to lead and encourage me. My coworkers were genuine friends and felt like family. Most of my experience there involved a reasonable amount of sales culture. It only grew too intense during my last year there. The pay did not feel competitive but there were sales incentives available.
Pros
Great place to work up the ladder
Cons
Some slight cultural changes feel like Big Bank
good
Bank Teller 1 (Former Employee) –  Ada, OKNovember 5, 2018
They were very good at working with your school hours. They were very supportive of anytime you needed and would work around your test days at college.
Slow work in good environment
Video Teller (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MO 65201October 15, 2018
Very strict on time in and out, including lunch breaks. Not much interaction with coworkers. Hardest part of the job is dealing with customers that don't know how their own finances work.
Typical Bank
Retail Operations Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MOJuly 11, 2018
Bank setting. Lots of politics and hard to advance or move within bank setting.
Lossing the personal banking touch of a hometown bank. very interpersonal.
Not the job for me
Missouri - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MOJuly 11, 2018
You are supposed to get breaks but sometimes you won't because the call volume is so high. You will have to answer calls every 5 seconds and often your lunch hour will be cut. The people you work with are nice for the most part, but you won't get to talk to them much.
Hated It
Video Teller (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MOJune 26, 2018
Do not work here! Management plays favoritism and they overwork you. While there's 20+ calls in the queue, management and a few others are laughing and joking while we work. They were not flexible with my schedule. Supervisors are EXTREMELY unprofessional. The vibe of the work environment basically depends on how they feel that day. They share your information with any and everyone and they LOVE to gossip. Supervisors flirt with all the college kids that come in. They would allow you to get cursed out by a customer and force you to endure it because the customer is simply being "impatient". This is a sloppy and messy work environment and I would recommend no one to work here unless you like to be treated unfairly. All the reviews on here is just management making fake reviews so they can get people to apply. They sell you a dream and once you get hired it's a complete different story. Video Teller Department Columbia, MO overall just sucks.
Fun and caring
Video Teller (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MOJune 24, 2018
The people there are wonderful to work for and seem to legitimately care about each other. The only issue I would take with it is that people rarely leave, somewhat limiting upwards mobility,
overall a good company to work for but they have some issues
Teller Supervisor Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MOJune 4, 2018
At times landmark bank was my favorite place to work and at other times it was a horrible place to work. The management and workplace culture are very hit and miss. On the retail side they rotate who is in charge of each branch so one moment you could have an amazing boss and 6 months later you could be stuck with a new horrible boss. Because of the change in management a lot of times the attitude and culture of the people you work with change. I also felt like they play a lot of politics there. How fast you move up through the ranks will depend more on who you have made friends with than how well you do your job.

They don't pay as well as their competitors do. In the past I think that was acceptable because they had a great working atmosphere but the atmosphere is not so good anymore.

I have been told that these problems are mostly on the retail side only. So if you work in any department that isn't retail it is still supposed to be a fantastic place to work.
Cons
poor management, low pay
Joke
Teller II (Former Employee) –  Ardmore, OKMay 2, 2018
Management played favoritism like high school kids. Horrible place to work, co-workers were very rude and you had to deal with it, if you went to HR you got into trouble. The policy has a “strict no retaliation rule” however that is very untrue. I was not allowed to use the restroom unless I had someone to cover for me and caused me to gain infections while pregnant. When I was in my first trimester, I was told that I didn’t need to leave my station to throw up, I had a trash can beside me.
Pros
Vacation
Lending services
Lending Services specialist (Current Employee) –  MissouriFebruary 7, 2018
I enjoyed the flexibility in the work hours where if you need to come in a little late they let you make up your time at lunch or after 5. Doing my job takes a lot of concentration to get the loan boarded correctly onto the system. I work with very helpful employees who know how to work as a team.
Low pay, and the good ol' boy system.
Retail Banker (Former Employee) –  Sherman, TXDecember 3, 2017
Pay is low anyway in the retail side of banking. Advancement only happened if you were friends with the person promoting. Plenty of home time, and usually plenty of food.
Pros
Home Time
Cons
Pay
Overall - A Great Experience
Customer Service Center Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MOOctober 3, 2017
My time at Landmark Bank was positive. I was afforded many learning opportunities and learned a great deal about leadership, management, and communication. I will always value my time spent in the Customer Service Call Center. I began working at Landmark Bank as a Rep I and eventually worked my way up to a Rep II and finally to a Supervisor position. Each position presented its own set of unique demands, qualifications, and challenges, but my experiences were rewarding, overall.
Pros
Flexible hours, friendly management, great benefits
Family.
TELLER SUPORVISOR (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLSeptember 28, 2017
Landmark bank is very family orientate. The job was not stressful. The customers was very understanding and the co workers was great team players. Everything ran smoothly.
Great opportunities and enjoyable business to work for.
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Gunter, TXAugust 10, 2017
I enjoyed working for Landmark Bank. I progressed and advanced quickly. I was able to utitilize my ideas and grow as an employee. The environment was friendly and welcoming. We always had a great time during our workdays. I would highly recommend anyone getting into banking to visit Landmark Bank.
Nice working environment
Banker (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MOAugust 10, 2017
Landmark is a very nice company to work for. They seem to really care about all their employees. Everyone within the company has the opportunity for advancement, from janitors to tellers. I would recommend Landmark Bank for anyone who is looking to work in a close and professional environment.
Review
Commercial Loan Assistant (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MOJune 19, 2017
Landmark Bank was awesome to work for. I really appreciated being able to support a different charity each month. Landmark Bank allowed me to learn a lot and move up in the company quickly.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Landmark Bank. Our community is ready to answer.