Landmark Health Employee Reviews

Lovely workplace
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAAugust 13, 2018
I love being a member of this company. Awesome workers, great communication, fundament team work, & etc.I plan on being with this company for a while.
Pros
The facility itself
Cons
N/a
fun and friendly place to work
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Yakima, WAAugust 12, 2018
A typical day at work was i got to work got my cleaning cart ready for the day by stocking it with towels, hand rags , napkins, gloves, toilet paper, broom, mop, mop water, all my spraying disinfecting bottles then i would see what side of the place i was doing and start my work by cleaning bathrooms and reception area where people worked then i would clean the rooms first i would wipe down all horizontal surfaces change garbage sweep mop make sure rooms had toilet paper, soap, paper towels, gloves, and personal garbage bag, then i would have to clean up the lunch rooms after they were done eating breakfast and lunch. Management was alright my boss wasnt very understanding in the end the work place culture was friendly nice and clean the hardest part of the job was when i first started getting everything down i had to do in the rooms. The most enjoyable part of my job was every day that i worked.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
n/a
August 15, 2018

Hi - sounds like a job that you enjoyed. Perhaps a different "Landmark" though. This isn't a role that we offer at Landmark Health.

Not a great place to work
Provider (Current Employee) –  ORJuly 29, 2018
More concerned about numbers, metrics, and money. Little concern for employees safety or welfare. No work life balance. Micromanagement. No autonomy. No cohesiveness.
Providers work more like Home Health nurses.
High office drama. Unhealthy competition between pods.
Providers are used for sales of plan.
Very high turnover, for good reason.
Employees are not valued here.
All Patients called “Joe” which is demeaning. Calling them John or Jane Doe would be better.
Pros
Co workers
Cons
No work life balance other stated above
August 15, 2018

We appreciate you taking the time to provide feedback. We have multiple metrics that we track, all of them relate to the quality of care that we provide to our patients. We strive to improve as an organization - and without measuring what we're doing we cannot do better for our patients.

Good people doing good work
Clinical Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Hemet, CAJune 28, 2018
My experience has been very positive in the light of many professional challenges. There is a community feel with this company and goals are continually reviewed and adjusted to meet the needs of the members who we serve.
Pros
Citizenship of the professionals who work for Landmark
Cons
changes are some times bumpy
August 15, 2018

Thanks for the review. You described our goal review perfectly - we focus on meeting the needs of our patients - and strive to improve every day.

Quantity trumps quality
Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Ontario, CAJune 16, 2018
This place has sadly become one of the most dreadful places to waste 8-16 hours of your day. Management doesn’t care about the employees since they are all collecting a nice paycheck from the work of the NPs. The compensation and “bonuses” are a joke! Too much push to keep adding patients to make the numbers look good, but no time to provide the care that this underserved population DESPERATELY needs. The vision and mission seem great, but it’s impossible to do the right thing for the patient when the NPs are pushed beyond their physical limits. There are no breaks, no lunch, no time to relax with family, and absolutely no appreciation for the ones out on the front lines making all of the money. Weekly, during meetings, you get to sit and listen to how much money the company has and how much “we” are saving the health plans, but they will continue to pile on more and more work until you finally can’t take it.
Pros
Currently NONE
Cons
No breaks, no lunch, unpaid overtime, micro-management, frequent on-call, awful EMR, horrible management
great at first, very micro-managed
sales (Former Employee) –  New York StateMay 23, 2018
The company is on the fast-track for growth, and while the focus is on patient care, it leaves out key elements when contracting. It is a good place to begin a career and take that experience with you.
Cons
senior management very good althought CEO recently left and middle and lower mgt not very skilled.
Mission Focused not Money Focused
Physician (Current Employee) –  Ontario, CAApril 28, 2018
I feel after 3 different medical practices I finally found my dream job. As a physician it is partially administrative and partially direct patient care which I feel is the perfect mix. Please understand the work is not always easy. We work with a difficult patient population that are very sick in a broken healthcare system. I believe Landmark has the key to transform healthcare. It is not about the number of patients but the quality of care. All the previous jobs I have had focused on how many patients you see a day, not the quality of care given. I got burned out after only a few years at traditional primary care practices because it felt like a patient mill, move them through as fast as you can and bill the highest you can. Landmark is totally the opposite. There is a lot of autonomy but support if you need it. The bonus is meant to be just that, a reward for doing a good job. It is not meant to be super easy to get but in my opinion it is much more attainable than other jobs. Charting is time consuming anywhere and I think the policy of completing 80% of charts within 7 day is very generous. Yes the company is growing fast, but that is because what we are doing works! If you are bothered by change this is not the place for you. Coworkers are great, people are genuine and caring. Benefits and PTO are comparable to most medical practices. Overall a great mission driven company that is actually helping people. Oh and the comment about everyone even the CEO leaving is not the complete truth. Our CEO was asked to work for CMS and he left so he can hopefully bring better healthcare  more... to the whole nation and impact the most people.  less
Pros
Great mission driven company, rewarding work, great coworkers and management
Cons
Difficult patient population
See below
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYApril 27, 2018
Disappointing at best. Absolutely no integrity when it comes to what is promised and it is delivered.
NO work life balance.
Mission is wonderful.
Delivery needs work.
Best coworkers in the world.
Pros
The mission
Cons
Stated above
Exciting place to work with passionate leadership
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  Huntington Beach, CAApril 12, 2018
As a company, Landmark is doing a terrific job of walking the walk and standing by it's culture/core mission/vision/values. We are shaking up the healthcare industry and providing an invaluable service to the sickest and frailest people in the country. How can you not feel good about that.
Beware, dont be enticed by the money
Family Nurse Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Inland Empire, CAApril 4, 2018
Read the other provider reviews on here. They are all true. I will add that the bottom line for the company is money not the patients. Top down management, medical model. If you're an RN or APRN, they are not interested in your training or style of patient care or your ideas for that matter. If you're working with Medicaid patients, it is a high risk population. Protect your license. Get your own malpractice insurance, before you see a single patient make them sign state required standardize procedure agreement...they don't have one. Without one you can lose your license. Medications in your car...beware. risk. No informed consents for procedures, beware. Pressure by MD's to not send patients to the ER...beware. The onboarding is less of an orientation than it is a cult like indoctrination to romanticize they are transforming healthcare. Don't drink the kool aid. Every month at meetings, they'll try to booster the cult to keep everyone believing. Change is good, but here too much and too fast. They forget what they changed. Lol. Very frustrating poor work balance job. Work to live, not live to work. Good luck! So many staff are leaving, have left....heck even the CEO just announced he's leaving.
Pros
Loved my patients
Cons
All the rest
Grow with us!
Learning Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Huntington Beach, CAApril 2, 2018
I started working at Landmark Health in 2014 as the Clinical Trainer. I have never worked for a company that invests so much in employee education! We have an excellent learning system, a new hire orientation hosted on each coast, a structured 6-week on-boarding program, a certified mentor program, personality workshops, team building events, clinical skills training, the list goes on! The Landmark Cares benefit provides reimbursement for additional external education for yourself, your spouse and/or your kids. Landmark also works with many RNs to become NPs when they express interest. It's great to work for a company that makes education a priority and gives you the tools you need to succeed.
Pros
Collaborative Environment, High/Positive Energy, High Performing Teams, Innovative Mindsets
Really know what you're signing up for
NP (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 30, 2018
This use to be the best job I ever had however, things have changed drastically. It once was about providing quality care but it quickly became about making money and numbers. Very little work life balance. You chart half the night just to keep up with documentation. What they do is dangle a big bonus in your face and string you along by saying how well we are doing in reaching our goals. But usually 2 days before the bonus is to be paid out, they come back and say we didn't make certain numbers so we wont be getting the amount we had been anticipating. The NP's do most of the hard work but get the least amount of respect. The NP's answer to RN supervisors who often tell them how they should be managing their patients. The management team will initiate all these incentives for the NPs to complete, just to make their own resumes look good and before you know it that person is promoted to higher position. NO room for growth for anyone other than management. Operations change almost every 6mos. Quarterly they set metrics to base the bonus and your performance off of. These metrics are nearly impossible to meet however we struggle thru sleepless nights, tears to meet them. Once you have finally met that metric, the next quarter, although we barely met the last metric, they will increase the metric. Making it more and more difficult to meet. I think this is done to again make management look great. However, this have resulted in a very stressful work environment and a high turnover rate. The mission and vison is great if only it was truly followed. I could go on and on but Ill stop  more... here.  less
Pros
Great coworkers, many chartiable donations, great parties
Cons
No work life, deceptive bonus metrics, high turnover rate, stressful
management
Clinical Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAMarch 26, 2018
I liked the RN and other staff I worked with while clinical supervisor. The Medical Director was work oriented and staff oriented. He did want to improve the quality of care for the patients. The Health Services Director was hired after me and he was not goal oriented or concerned with staff/ patient care. He made decisions only when there was a "fire." He liked the title but not the work.
Pros
Clinical staff was excellent
Cons
Fast pace , good environment working area.
Dietary (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYMarch 25, 2018
I enjoy working around people , helping the older generation, also being active. Daily I spend majority of my time preparing food for the elderly, wash dishes and adult care.
Pros
Meet new people
Cons
Bad communication between employees at times.
Best job I've ever had
GM/VP (Current Employee) –  Washington StateMarch 13, 2018
I joined Landmark at the launch of a new market several years ago and have had the pleasure of helping to build the market and grow the team. Many of my market's employees have been promoted to roles in our market and also to other roles in the company as we've grown. Growing talent from within is something Landmark values highly.

Having worked in fee for service environments, it is so refreshing to be freed from the per visit treadmill. The freedom to innovate and prioritize care based on patient needs is very fulfilling, and also challenging in that it entails continuous improvement.

Landmark hires mission-oriented, smart people. I love my co-workers and am glad we get to devote so much time and attention to a group of patients/caregivers who really need it.
Pros
Smart people, growth opportunities, compelling mission, innovation and dedication to always getting better
Cons
Super fast paced, continuous improvement=continuous change
Hard place to work
Staff Physician (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORMarch 10, 2018
Enjoyed the patients & coworkers.
The EMR was terrible & created long hours of charting.
Management changed frequently creating a lack of trust & collaboration.
Pros
Freedom to make patient care decisions.
Cons
Lack of clarity regarding relationships with the patients’ PCPs & specialists
Im so disappointed
Nurse Practitioner, Internal Medicine (Current Employee) –  Ontario, CAMarch 10, 2018
I was so excited when I started working at landmark! What a great team, mission and vision! Gosh, every month that goes by I realize that while all the providers and nurse case managers are always giving 120% but. management is taking us all for granted. Burn out is high, promises made and broke. We're losing our team so fast, because they just can't keep going...and I can't blame them. I'm so disappointed in the leadership, they are failing the mission and vision...or maybe they have their own and its very different. I'm looking for another job.
I'm very concerned especially now, we are barely managing what we have and they just decided to start doing palliative care and I think hospice is next. I don't think they know what they're doing.
I'm very worried about the quality of patient care because of all the changes. The area we cover just grew too. On call covers two counties!!
Pros
The providers and nurses all have hearts of gold!
Cons
Theres a lot of micromanaging, favrotism, and gaslighting. They really cant decide what landmark does.
Great vision, poor management
Care Manager (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJanuary 28, 2018
Place has changed, for the worse. Management is poor, little transparency in the company now. Most people stayed for the flexibility which they've also stripped away. Used to work from home, now it's full time in office only so that the lazy managers can micromanage you. Looking for another job, this place has become a joke.
Pros
My Co-workers, travel
Cons
Far parking, poor work life balance, micromanagement, shady self-serving management team, overworked
Too many changes too quickly
Midlevel provider (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJanuary 25, 2018
I work as an APP/midlevel provider and there is definitely a "revolving door" at this level. Midlevels burn out and quit with 1-2 years in due to on call requirements and daily travel.
Caring for patients is excellent with good coordination on the part of the staff so no complaints there.
Great premise of keeping high risk patients out of the hospital and it appears to be working as patient satisfaction is extremely high.
I love the job itself, the pay is good but benefits shift constantly (401K, medical benefits and car reimbursement) Also, it is hard to be a "team player" when the team keeps quitting.
Pros
good pay, good hours most of the time
Cons
too many changes in benefits and bonus affecting my income
great colleagues but terrible company
healthcare provider (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaDecember 28, 2017
Pros: great colleagues.

Cons: This is a for profit start up, which does not feel like a standard healthcare experience. Employees are treated like expendable machinery rather than human beings. Incentives exist to lure one do the impossible: provide high quality care to high quantities of patients per day -- an impossible fantasy that is kept alive by altruistic bleeding-heart providers who overwork and do not get paid for the extra hours they pour into their patient care. Providers and patients are not kept in mind by the company, and unfortunately the bonuses (as everyone else has mentioned) are deceptive.
Pros
great colleagues
Cons
poor culture, poor (gas lighting) management, smoke and mirrors incentives, frequently encountered lies

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Landmark Health. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about