Landmark Health Employee Reviews

Watch out for Management
Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Mississippi Gulf CoastJanuary 13, 2019
Manager was bias and discriminating towards Social Workers. Didn't feel they were necessary. Would withhold information and educational information. All people cared about was the bonus. That seemed to be the driving force. Everything revolved around Nurses, everyone else was a second class citizen. Management was cold, unfriendly, uncaring, and unconcerned with you. Management would lie to cover themselves and put the blame on another employee. Even though they would admit things were their fault, in private. Make sure any meeting you have in private you record. Like I did...
Pros
Most of the non-nursing staff were very caring and friendly
Cons
Management sucked.
Nice place to work/job satisfaction
Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Harrisburg, PADecember 30, 2018
Landmark is a great company to work for. It is very rewarding knowing you are helping people. Landmark really cares for the employees which really makes you feel good.
Pros
Job Satisfaction
Cons
No sick time/salary
January 2, 2019

Hi - thanks for taking time to provide feedback. We'd like to confirm that we do offer Paid Time Off which can be used for either vacation or sick time. Our Paid Time Off policy starts with 15 days per year. We also offer 10 paid company holidays, and 2 days that may be used for volunteer work.

Right idea... poor execution
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Remote / Huntington Beach, CADecember 29, 2018
Long story but I’ll make it short.
The good:
Old CEO actually cared
Work with great people that have great ideas
The mission and vision of the company is awesome

The bad:
CEO left and company went down hill.
No support for you to succeed eat your job.
The great people and ideas were trampled out by upper management trying to get their name on things.
Some leaders lacked operational freedom to get the job done efficiently.
Work life balance was terrible! (While on PTO still asked to work)
Understaffed yet demand and expect everything to be done no matter what.
EMR, reporting, and IT systems were a mess. 1 or 2 people actually knew how they worked. With that it seemed like there was always a problem and or they would make changes to things and not tell anyone on the business side.
Pros
Work remote, the company mission
Cons
Long hours, top heavy, poor communication
January 2, 2019

Thank you for believing in Landmark’s vision and mission. It truly is these core tenets that keep our growing company united and moving forward. As with any growth, there are challenges, but we are excited for our new leaders who recently joined Landmark and the positive direction we are heading. Thank you for the time you were here and best of luck to you.

Be Wise
Employee (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYDecember 12, 2018
Home care service that claims to be different but really is not model of care noted with system breakdowns
Claim to have a great culture but reality is a culture of gossip, drama and negativity.
They do not respect Physicians or Nurse Practitioners and overwork, overpromise
No onboarding
Pros
Decent pay and promises of better
Cons
Management talks bad about staff members, no training other than reading to you off slides but if you ask questions they can’t a
December 17, 2018

Landmark’s culture is very important to us and it’s disappointing to hear how far off your experience appears to be compared to what we’re striving for. As an employee, you know that we value continuous improvement. I encourage you to talk to your supervisor or human resources about your frustration and improvement ideas.

Top heavy, insufficient staff, no management support.
Nurse Care Manager (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYDecember 10, 2018
Landmarks vision was established with patients needs being met 'whenever and where ever' they are. However, this has fallen by the wayside as a result of focus on profit, insufficient staff on any given day with little to no management support. Staff is micromanaged and those that are well connected within, can get through the day with doing nothing. Top heavy in administration.
Pros
vacation days
Cons
work days
December 17, 2018

Thank you for taking time to share your thoughts. It sounds like improvements need to happen for Landmark to be a better fit for you. If you don’t feel comfortable talking with local management, please reach out to HR to talk through the issues and solutions to make your Landmark experience positive.

Stressful, but pays well and isn’t really a lot to do so you can’t work yourself
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, KYNovember 29, 2018
I enjoyed the job that was provided. It really wasn’t a great first job because of how much stress it can cause, but they pay well and everyone is very kind.
December 3, 2018

Thanks for the review, but I'm not sure that we are the correct company. There are several organizations with the name Landmark Health. We don't have an office in KY, nor do we have the role of Dietary Aide.

Landmark
Outreach Specialist (Former Employee) –  Huntington Beach, CANovember 27, 2018
It was boiler room atmosphere making at least a hundred cold calls a day and micro managed by the director. It was a very stressful and unforgiving environment. Callers were expected to dress smartly (which I am all for, in fact I enjoy dressing professionally) however others in IT and other parts of the organization would come to work wearing T-shirts, jeans and flip flops. It Just seemed like a real disconnect and disparity of what is expected from the employes.
Pros
Early shift would get out by 3:30
Cons
Micro management, poor pay, false incentives.
December 3, 2018

We're sorry that your experience with Landmark was not a positive one for you. Our Outreach team do an excellent job of connecting with our patients, and engaging them in our program that provides so much benefit.

Our general dress code is business casual, but we do have some flexibility within the IT function for those employees who may have responsibilities that involve workstation set up and moving equipment.

Positive Work Environment
Nurse Practitioner House Call (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYNovember 12, 2018
Landmark is a supportive and positive place to work. It's a caring and balance driven environment which continually praises its employees. Staff and providers as well as management work together as a team
Management is not well trained
Patient Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 6, 2018
Management at LMH are poorly trained and hardly show up to work. If you are looking for strong management this is not the place. Managers choose their favorites and give them less tasks.
Pros
Set Schedule
Cons
Poor management, unequal balance of work among employees, favoritism
Poor management
Care Manager Assistant (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAOctober 15, 2018
With as much experience as I had I was treated poorly by my manager and asked to do things that were unethical for me set by my years in the medical field.
started well
CLIENT OPERATIONS MANAGER, EAST (Current Employee) –  Westborough, MAOctober 10, 2018
This place started out great, but recent changes in leadership have left people feeling burnt out. hoping for the best because it is a great place with an awesome mission
Pros
work from home
Cons
long days
Great company
Client Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Huntington Beach, CAOctober 8, 2018
Landmark Health has come a long way in the last couple of years. This is a wonderful company to work for. They are growing so quickly and are definitely our future of helping improve health care.
Pros
Culture and Mission of the company
Lovely workplace
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAAugust 13, 2018
I love being a member of this company. Awesome workers, great communication, fundament team work, & etc.I plan on being with this company for a while.
Pros
The facility itself
Cons
N/a
I can strongly support their mission, vision, and values.
Clinical staff (Former Employee) –  Tigard, ORAugust 12, 2018
Challenging work environment due to the heavy patient case load, high intensity patient population, constantly changing exceptions, job roles, and management. I've never worked any place where the turnover is greater!
Pros
Wonderful co workers.
Cons
instability in management staff, high turnover
August 15, 2018

Thanks for the feedback. Sorry to learn that you're no longer with Landmark.

We strive to provide a positive employment experience for everyone. Our mission to transform healthcare isn't easy, and it's not the right path for everyone. Our expectations don't change, we just continue to raise the bar on what we can accomplish together.

We're proud of the work we're doing, and welcome those that have a passion for caring for the sickest and frailest individuals to consider joining us.

fun and friendly place to work
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Yakima, WAAugust 12, 2018
A typical day at work was i got to work got my cleaning cart ready for the day by stocking it with towels, hand rags , napkins, gloves, toilet paper, broom, mop, mop water, all my spraying disinfecting bottles then i would see what side of the place i was doing and start my work by cleaning bathrooms and reception area where people worked then i would clean the rooms first i would wipe down all horizontal surfaces change garbage sweep mop make sure rooms had toilet paper, soap, paper towels, gloves, and personal garbage bag, then i would have to clean up the lunch rooms after they were done eating breakfast and lunch. Management was alright my boss wasnt very understanding in the end the work place culture was friendly nice and clean the hardest part of the job was when i first started getting everything down i had to do in the rooms. The most enjoyable part of my job was every day that i worked.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
n/a
August 15, 2018

Hi - sounds like a job that you enjoyed. Perhaps a different "Landmark" though. This isn't a role that we offer at Landmark Health.

Not a great place to work
Provider (Current Employee) –  ORJuly 29, 2018
More concerned about numbers, metrics, and money. Little concern for employees safety or welfare. No work life balance. Micromanagement. No autonomy. No cohesiveness.
Providers work more like Home Health nurses.
High office drama. Unhealthy competition between pods.
Providers are used for sales of plan.
Very high turnover, for good reason.
Employees are not valued here.
All Patients called “Joe” which is demeaning. Calling them John or Jane Doe would be better.
Pros
Co workers
Cons
No work life balance other stated above
August 15, 2018

We appreciate you taking the time to provide feedback. We have multiple metrics that we track, all of them relate to the quality of care that we provide to our patients. We strive to improve as an organization - and without measuring what we're doing we cannot do better for our patients.

Good people doing good work
Clinical Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Hemet, CAJune 28, 2018
My experience has been very positive in the light of many professional challenges. There is a community feel with this company and goals are continually reviewed and adjusted to meet the needs of the members who we serve.
Pros
Citizenship of the professionals who work for Landmark
Cons
changes are some times bumpy
August 15, 2018

Thanks for the review. You described our goal review perfectly - we focus on meeting the needs of our patients - and strive to improve every day.

Quantity trumps quality
Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Ontario, CAJune 16, 2018
This place has sadly become one of the most dreadful places to waste 8-16 hours of your day. Management doesn’t care about the employees since they are all collecting a nice paycheck from the work of the NPs. The compensation and “bonuses” are a joke! Too much push to keep adding patients to make the numbers look good, but no time to provide the care that this underserved population DESPERATELY needs. The vision and mission seem great, but it’s impossible to do the right thing for the patient when the NPs are pushed beyond their physical limits. There are no breaks, no lunch, no time to relax with family, and absolutely no appreciation for the ones out on the front lines making all of the money. Weekly, during meetings, you get to sit and listen to how much money the company has and how much “we” are saving the health plans, but they will continue to pile on more and more work until you finally can’t take it.
Pros
Currently NONE
Cons
No breaks, no lunch, unpaid overtime, micro-management, frequent on-call, awful EMR, horrible management
great at first, very micro-managed
sales (Former Employee) –  New York StateMay 23, 2018
The company is on the fast-track for growth, and while the focus is on patient care, it leaves out key elements when contracting. It is a good place to begin a career and take that experience with you.
Cons
senior management very good althought CEO recently left and middle and lower mgt not very skilled.
Mission Focused not Money Focused
Physician (Current Employee) –  Ontario, CAApril 28, 2018
I feel after 3 different medical practices I finally found my dream job. As a physician it is partially administrative and partially direct patient care which I feel is the perfect mix. Please understand the work is not always easy. We work with a difficult patient population that are very sick in a broken healthcare system. I believe Landmark has the key to transform healthcare. It is not about the number of patients but the quality of care. All the previous jobs I have had focused on how many patients you see a day, not the quality of care given. I got burned out after only a few years at traditional primary care practices because it felt like a patient mill, move them through as fast as you can and bill the highest you can. Landmark is totally the opposite. There is a lot of autonomy but support if you need it. The bonus is meant to be just that, a reward for doing a good job. It is not meant to be super easy to get but in my opinion it is much more attainable than other jobs. Charting is time consuming anywhere and I think the policy of completing 80% of charts within 7 day is very generous. Yes the company is growing fast, but that is because what we are doing works! If you are bothered by change this is not the place for you. Coworkers are great, people are genuine and caring. Benefits and PTO are comparable to most medical practices. Overall a great mission driven company that is actually helping people. Oh and the comment about everyone even the CEO leaving is not the complete truth. Our CEO was asked to work for CMS and he left so he can hopefully bring better healthcare  more... to the whole nation and impact the most people.  less
Pros
Great mission driven company, rewarding work, great coworkers and management
Cons
Difficult patient population

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Landmark Health. Our community is ready to answer.