Landmark Hotel Group Employee Reviews

4.3
Ratings breakdown
Don't waste your time
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  VAMay 15, 2018
This is a great place to work if you are one of the favorites. If not, be prepare to be treated unfairly. No support from upper management and the corporate office. Sales expectations/goals are not clear and very unrealistic. They also only apply to certain individuals. How can you be held accountable if you are never given a sales goal or any form of a performance review? If you are serious about your career in sales I would steer clear from this company.
Great Company with great culture and management!
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Virginia Bch, VAMarch 16, 2018
I've worked for Landmark in a management role for over a year now and it is the BEST company I've ever worked for. Managers are on your team and the corporate office, including President and VP, are supportive and encouraging of individual's goals. Company truly cares for its employees as if they are blood related family. I've had the opportunity to work hard at my role to prove myself as a valuable member of the team, and the company has shared in my successes. Love that they provide continuing education, training and travel opportunities to employees on every level.
Pros
Great benefits, strong, supportive culture, management team is supportive and encouraging of individual's career goals
Cons
Some days so busy you won't get a break
Great company with an even greater culture!
Development Manager (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAMarch 16, 2018
I have been with Landmark for over a year and have really enjoyed working with the company. LHG offers a strong corporate team led by some of the best in the industry. The company strikes a great work/life balance and provides a very professional and family-like atmosphere. Associates at nearly every level have advancement opportunities and LHG strives to promote from within. The past year with the company has been great and I look forward to being a part of this company's future!
Very unprofessional behavior with upper management (home office)
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAMarch 6, 2018
Please don't waste your time if you're looking for a long term place to be. Very unprofessional behavior at the home office. Almost laughable except it's ones livelihood that is effected. President of company should be ashamed he allows it.
Pros
Cons
To many ro list
Wonderful Experience
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAFebruary 28, 2018
I have been with the company for almost eight years and I love it! I have been given opportunities to grow and learn about different departments. I feel appreciated and part of the Landmark Family!!
A positive,compassionate environment to work in.
Front Desk Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Kill Devil Hills, NCFebruary 18, 2018
This company cares about you AND your family. They are quick to work with you in a family emergency situation. The management staff are knowledgeable and willing to answer your questions without making you feel ignorant.
If you want to work for a company that cares about it's employees....Landmark is for you!
Pros
Care and compassion. Empowerment of their employees.
Cons
Hourly pay needs to increase.
Great Company, Great Leadership and Great Training
Director of Sales (Former Employee) –  Nags Head, NCJanuary 10, 2018
Landmark Hotel Group provided me with a great deal of knowledge and experience throughout my time with the company. They provided thorough and continuous training during each of my roles in the Sales Department. They are always working to provide you with new and innovative tools to perform your job to the fullest. They strongly believe in growth within the company and will work to train you to be further your career. They are an excellent company to work for and I am very appreciative of the time I spent working for them. I would be grateful for the opportunity to work for them again in the future should I return to the area.
Family Company
Sales (Current Employee) –  Virginia BeachJanuary 9, 2018
Landmark treats employees like family, they truly care about the associates. Very positive work environment, definite opportunity for growth, and excellent training opportunities in the hospitality industry.
Pros
Professional Growth, 401K, positive environment
learning experience
Front Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAAugust 21, 2014
great place to learn all aspects of the hotel industry. I was crossed train.ed in revenue and sales management
Diverse Work Environment
Sales Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VANovember 30, 2013
Hospitality is one of the diverse industries that you get a chance to meet people from all walks of life, at Landmark Hotel Group you are able to build on your social skills, communication and promotes learning all you can in every department.
Pros
Learning other departments
Cons
pay
Enjoyed seeking out and working with group customers.
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Nags Head, NCJuly 5, 2012
A typical day at work consisted of cold calling new groups and following up with past groups to rebook.
Knowledgeable in revenue management, ADR, Star reports.
Hardest part of the job was the number of hours when large amounts of group business were at the hotel at the same time.
Pros
working with school groups and group business in general.
Cons
no breaks