Landmark Employee Reviews

If you're hired, you can count on working on an amazing team
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILOctober 4, 2019
From the first time I saw the employment ad, I felt a connection to the company. I was happy when I received a call inviting me to interview. Everyone was so nice! They were genuine and interesting.

Now that I've been here almost a year, I can say that my initial impression was very true. The company operates with precision. I did not expect a local, medium-sized business to be run so professionally. My managers are very kind and encouraging. The role is complex because I handle so many different scenarios, and there is a policy on how to handle each one. The training is truly excellent and I feel well prepared for the complexity of the job.

This is a job for someone who has high integrity and is sophisticated. It's okay to make honest mistakes here, but it's never okay to cut corners. The company is very selective about who it hires, so if you're hired, you can count on working on an amazing team.

Many of my coworkers have become close friends.

The hardest part of the job is keeping organized and not dropping any balls. Sometimes my manager or a coworker comes to my desk to ask me something and I have to say please pardon me a moment while I finish a task so I don't forget anything. It's important to do this, because there is a lot happening in the fast-paced environment, and if you don't have good personal work habits, you can drop balls and not bring each task to its logical conclusion. That's not a con about the job, and actually I really like it, but it's important for someone to know that they need to be really organized and focused here.

The most
  more... enjoyable part of the job is kind of everything. I feel challenged and happy at work in general. I like training the best, and I think the company has figured out how to make training really fun. I also like getting up from my deck to walk over to manager's offices to ask them to squeeze a client in for same-day service or to help me research a complicated issue. The managers are great and I always learn from them.

I also like that there are younger employees training under every manager. Sometimes when I go to ask a senior manager a question, I'll find the person they're mentoring in their chair instead and it always makes me smile. The management trainees are great too, and it lets me see what the next decade of the company is going to look like with a lot of these up and coming managers moving into management roles.
Pros
The company has figured out how to make training really fun, Promotes from within. High salary for managers.
Cons
There are no work from home or remote work assignments.
Welcomes Change
Community Health Advocate (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCSeptember 26, 2019
I have been with Landmark for over 1 year and it was one if the best decisions that I have ever made. The honor work life balance while still pushing employees to reach their maximum potential.
Having a bright future. Liking my job. Enjoying being at work.
Wildlife Specialist (Current Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILSeptember 25, 2019
Typical Day
Be here by 7:30. Don't be late. Attend a quick meeting. Pick up the lot. Look for screws and other sharps to protect the fleet. Pay attention to safety. Wear your gloves. Stay hydrated. Position ladders in a smart way. Lift with your legs. Call your clients. Do your paperwork. Run on time. Update ETAs with clients and the office if running late. Greet clients with enthusiasm. Represent the company well. Keep your uniform looking sharp. Treat animals humanely. Keep your truck neat. Get up early enough to pack your lunch so you don't eat fast food. Be a client's hero. Deal with an unreasonable customer who thinks your service was wonderful but they just think it's too expensive so now they're making you call your manager to ask for a discount since they had three squirrels picked up already and they still hear more. Get commended by your manager because a client called in a complement to the office.

What I Learned
After a couple years here, there really isn't a wildlife topic I can't talk about. The training is really good, and I appreciate how smart and ecologically-driven the company's leadership personnel are. The company is owned by scientists.

You won't find better managers anywhere. I went to a 10-year anniversary party for a couple of the managers who have been here 10 years recently and I liked hearing all of their stories and recollections about their years here before I came on board. I was thinking at that party that I'll hit 10 years here too someday and there will be a party for me.

Workplace Culture
Hardworking. Fast-paced. Chill.
  more... Encouraging. Kind.

The Hardest Part
I don't like winter. The short days and no bright sunlight give me seasonal affective disorder and it's hard to be myself in the winter. I also hate driving when there's ice or slush. Another hard thing is last minute same day call outs for illness. Customers are expecting us and when someone calls out it creates either a really long day for the coworkers who pick up the slack, or a rescheduled appointment and an annoyed client. I try to never call off at the last minute, but there have been a couple times that I had to and I felt really bad about it.

Most Enjoyable Part
Looking at animals up close. Hearing the sounds they make. Learning about animals. Being part of a great team. Being able to be a hero. Learning management skills. Having a bright future. Liking my job. Enjoying being at work.
Pros
People care about you. Safety is a big priority. There's excellent training
Cons
Weather conditions that are extreme.
Within 6 months on the job I was promoted and received a 30 % raise
Install Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILSeptember 23, 2019
I moved to Chicago for my partner's job as a contract nurse and found employment with ABC/Landmark in May of 2018. Within 6 months on the job I was promoted to team lead supervising 4 to 6 other team members every day and I received a 30 % raise.

My partner's contract ended and we considered staying for my job but that doesn't make sense because our families are on the west coast so we're moving back.

I can't say enough nice things about this company. The people I work with care about the clients, the company and eachother which makes for a really supportive and healthy workplace.

All of the managers here are cool people but the best one in my opinion is the one I worked under on the install team because he treats everyone on his team with so much respect and he tries so hard to give them opportunities. It's the little things that make it feel like a family and he always went the extra mile for his team. He made us breakfast a bunch of times, planned canoeing and camping trips for anyone who wanted to come, gave us beekeeping classes, and taught us his skills.

I left a whole month of notice when we decided to move back to the west coast and I sincerely wish I could take this job with me. I know I can find work on the west coast but I don't take how special this company is for granted and I don't expect to be able to find a company and team this special again.

I enjoyed working here and I can recommend it to other people.
Customer Service Representative for Wildlife Division
Customer Service Representative for Wildlife Divis (Current Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILSeptember 20, 2019
I was working on the IT side of the healthcare sector before I applied for this job. I'm interested in science and nature, so it wasn't that much of a stretch, but it's not what I went to school for. The ad really spoke to me and I felt like I wanted to come in for an interview. It's the people I met at the interview who really showed me what this company's differentiators are, and now that I've been here for a while, I can say with confidence it was a great move.

My typical day starts at 7:20 pouring coffee and saying hi to everyone in the kitchen at work. Today my co-worker brought in zucchini bread, which was a good start to the morning. I logged in at my desk by 7:28, and I started reviewing emails from clients that we had received overnight. One of them was from a woman who woke up with a bat in her bedroom at 3 in the morning. One of our on-call biologists was dispatched to her home and captured the bat. Now I'm going to call the lab to arrange rabies testing for the bat, and then I'm going to schedule a structural inspection of the client's home to make sure they don't have a bat colony in the house. My job requires a lot of attention to detail, and our client's health is on the line, so my ability to follow through is very important.

Management here is great. They're fair, constructive, creative, and have exceeded my expectations in every way. More than any place I've ever worked, they ask a lot of the employees and reward them and appreciate them when they deliver. There are high expectations here, but also a high degree of praise and gratitude from managers.
  more... I can honestly say that I'm praised multiple times each week. It feels good to be seen and appreciated.

The workplace culture is diligent but fun-loving. The company's biggest uniquenesses are first, we're on-task a uniquely high percentage of the time. In past jobs, it seemed like people were on task about 50-percent of the time, but here we're on task probably 94 percent of the time, or more. This is a very on-task workplace. The biggest reason why a new employee might be found to not be a fit is that they are used to being off task and can't get used to the way we work here.

The hardest part of the job is staying organized. The most enjoyable part of the job is completing dozens of projects each day and taking pride in a job well done and being proud to be part of a great team.
Pros
It feels good to be seen and appreciated.
Cons
work can be sedentary
The training is extensive and I feel proud of the expertise I've developed
Wildlife Technician in Field Department (Current Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILSeptember 16, 2019
The job is not that hard but you have to pay attention to details. We are entrusted with people's homes, and sometimes even their health, so this is a good job, but it has a relatively high degree of important things to remember and pay attention to.

My typical workday starts at 7:30 a.m. at the office, but I sometimes take the company's truck home and start from home. I like starting from home, but it's not always possible because there are morning meetings and training that I need to attend a couple days a week.

I've learned a lot about everything from biology, to customer service, to ladder safety, to carpentry, and I've also recently started studying management and leadership.

The workplace culture is really good. I can't imagine it being better anywhere else. This is actually a really great company.

The hardest part of the job is when state laws require animals to be humanely put to sleep. I know its in the best interest of public health and the species, but sometimes I just fall in love with every animal and struggle just a little bit with saying goodbye. I worked at a shelter and that part of my shelter tech job was hard for me too, but not so hard that I don't still completely love my job.

I love this job and this company. The customers are mostly great and are really appreciative of the help. I didn't know very much about wildlife when I started, because my background was in painting (as a helper), scene building for theater, and being a shelter aide. I love how much I've learned about wildlife. I would say the training is extensive and I feel proud
  more... of the expertise I've developed.

The company does a lot to recognize employees who do a great job. I recently won an award for my work, which included an extra day of PTO and being invited to a big dinner in my honor with managers and executives. It felt really great to hear my name called and win an award. I was somewhat shy when 40 people were applauding for me, but it was an awesome experience and it shows what the company is about, in terms of being focused on its employees satisfaction and development.

I hope I addresses all of the questions and that people find this helpful.
The company says it "Celebrates Accomplishments and Rewards A+ Players" and it really does!
Wildlife Technician (Current Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILAugust 29, 2019
This is by far the best job I've ever had, and I plan to make my career here. It took me a while to arrive at that, because I had some growing up to do, but I have literally grown up on the job here and now I'm very focused on making this my career.

The company and the job ask a lot of me, but they give me a lot in return. I decided to write this review today because I asked for a meeting with my manager this morning to just sincerely thank him for everything the company has done for me. Last Friday I won an award at work at an awards ceremony called the Eagle Awards for Company Spirit and I was a finalist. I won for upholding company values, but honestly it's not hard to do because the values are very resonable and are just part of being a good person. I was telling my manager how grateful I am to be part of the company and he encouraged me to share my opinion on Indeed to help the company attract other great people for our team.

Here are a few facts about the company that you might want to know:
1. You will get a very detailed review of your performance every year with a raise.
2. I earned a lot of merit raises in addition to my annual review. If you're awesome, you might too.
3. This is a great place to be part of that encourages you to grow as a person. I have grown so much.
4. The team here is very special because they only hire the best candidates. And it shows.
5. The company is focused on safety, so employees are trained in safety standards that exceed all safety requirments.
Pros
Annual reviews, merit raises between reviews, good focus on safety, opportunities for development and promotion, great managers
Cons
None worth mentioning, other than the obvious of physical work.
I would recommend an internship or a career with Landmark
Government Affairs Intern (Former Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILAugust 6, 2019
I just finished a summer internship at Landmark Pest Management/ABC Wildlife and now I'm on my way to start a masters program in state-building and international development (Rule of Law). My BS was in natural resource management and Landmark provided the perfect internship for the summer between my two programs. I would recommend an internship or a career with Landmark for the following reasons:

There is a high level of discourse, strategy, and sophistication within the company. The managers are excellent and I felt like the training I received was thorough. I was supported, and the work was interesting. The projects I performed were challenging and I was able to assist the government affairs team launch a new scope of services, which gave me business and organizational skills.

I reported to a few different managers, including the company's general counsel, who shared his knowledge and passion for law with me. This is a high-level internship and I was entrusted with important work. I definitely grew as a result of the experience.

The company is social justice focused, and everyone here is dedicated to diversity and inclusion. This is a place where Black Lives Matter, Love is Love, Science is Real, and Women's Issues are Human Issues. If these issues resonate with you, you would fit in with this very progressive company culture.

I also had the chance to work directly with the company's female president. She is amazing and in addition to running the company, she takes the time to connect with the staff, including me. She's an ecologist and environmentalist, and
  more... I would recommend that people work with Landmark for their pest control, because the methods she has pioneered are very ahead of their time and focused on human health and the environment. Half of the executive team in the company is comprised of women, and this is a workplace where gender equity is truly practiced.

This is just a really great company, and I would like to come back again next summer.
Company with a Conscience! Treats the environment, employees, and clients very well.
Technician (Former Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILJuly 5, 2019
My role was different from most employee's because I live far and take the company vehicle home at night. Most employees report to the office daily, but I did not. I came in less frequently to restock my supplies. I used a handheld device to view service instructions and client information, and the company's software enabled me to basically use my device as my mobile office.

While I did not have to come in to the office daily, I did come in frequently for meetings and trainings. When I would come in to the office, I was reminded of the company's environmental mission. They have a beautiful kitchen for employees to use with a dishwasher and real plates, silverware, glasses, mugs, etc, because the company doesn't use disposable products. This impressed me because even within the office they are truly walking the walk when it comes to sustainability.

I learned all sorts of scientific facts about wildlife, insects, and especially mice. I also learned customer service skills, though I think I was quite good at this already. I learned that mentoring is important, and I'm glad that managers, and even the company's CEO took time to mentor me. I learned a great deal about management and leadership in these meetings and I feel that I was on track to move up in the company.

All of my coworkers were very helpful and cared about the customers. People in this company are very professional, and while they have a good amount of fun, it's always professional and never off color.

I had a special connection with a few of the managers in the company. One in particular has a theater
  more... and opera background, and I enjoyed connecting with her about our shared love of music and performance. All of the managers were friendly, helpful, and treated me with unfailing consideration and kindness.

I left the company because I'm moving out of state for my girlfriend's contract nursing job, but I would definitely like to work here again if Chicagoland becomes our home again in the future.
When it's so busy in the Summer, I remind myself that the rest of the year is much more relaxed.
Field Technician (Current Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILMay 22, 2019
This is my second Summer here and it's so busy that I was out until 8 last night. I enjoy my work, and don't get me wrong, I love the overtime, but I want people who apply to be my coworker to understand that, if someone calls in and my team's routes are full on a Summer day, you will be asked to work late since clients are expecting us. I'm working about 50 to 60 hours a week during the last week of May through the last week of September. That's the peak busy season. If I had kids I might mind, but as a single guy, I have no problem working a lot.

In the slower season, from October through April, days are shorter, and you can expect to work closer to 40 or 45 hours per week. I actually ask for more hours around this time, because I prefer to work about 50 if I can.

I have a lot of ideas to share, and I feel like my higher ups want my input and that my input actually has the ability to make things better. I like feeling heard and included, and I like how approachable my managers are. I was less mature when I started work here and I didn't approach my managers are constructively as I do now. I've realized that everyone is committed to doing a good job and I approach everyone with that assumption.

I've had some good coaching from managers on how to be more mature and think more Big Picture. I'm trying my hardest to show that I'm growing and committed. The workplace culture here is all about that. It's about seeing with a Big Picture view, cooperating between departments, being constructive on teams, and being respectful and constructive of people on all different
  more... levels.  less
Pros
Getting very fit working outdoors, good team atmosphere and good company structure, good benefits, raises sometimes more than once a year
Cons
Windy days, rain, snow, roofs, ladders, traffic, slushy roads
If you like talking to clients you will like this job. If you don't like to explain things, then not so much
Animal Control Technician (Former Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILMay 5, 2019
I realised pretty quickly into my employment that I don't like dealing with the public so this was definitly not the job for me.

The company was solid and there wasn't any thing I had a problem with other than just not really liking the works its self.

I liked doing chores around the office or working with my hands. I also liked being able to just think or listen to the radio while I drive. I could not stand having to answer every question for a homeowner who was freaking out and asking the same questions over and over. This senario was literally half of my jobs. I started to basically not want to get out of my truck when I saw that people were at their house because they had so many questions and they would expect me to predict the future and tell them about every senaro.

I was always polite to clients but it made me not want to come to work to have to talk so much. I'm a quiet person and this job definitly requires a lot of talking and socializing with customers to make them feel comfortable and that was not something that was comfortable for me.

The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing cool animals like flying squirrels and the times when I brought them to forests to release. The nature center owners at one of the forests where I released flying squirrels gave me a tour of the nature center and let me handle reptiles which I'm really in to.

The owner of the company is cool and he gave me a $800 salt water fish tank, coral, bioballs filtration system and all of his gear and didn't charge me for it just because I was interested. He also sold me a vehicle
  more... way under bluebook so I would say he cares about his employees and helps them out.  less
Pros
looking at cool animals up close, being solo most of the day, being paid double time for bat captures over night, good people work here
Cons
customers who want to you answer a million questions for them, having to smile all the time with customers even when they are unreasonable
Challenging, Rewarding Role. Great Company! Supportive Management.
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILMay 3, 2019
I worked at a different pest control company for five years before I came here. I'm very happy with my job. The management here is great. My goal is to be able to apply for the job of department manager in a couple years.

At the last company I worked for, I was not a supervisor. My job now is way harder because I supervise other people. While it's more challenging, it's also more rewarding.

I have all of the support I need from my managers. They talk with me every day and are very aware of daily operations. I can reach any of my managers on their cell phones at any hour to run anything past them.

I've had some challenges going from being an individual contributor at my last job to a supervisor in this one. Being a supervisor is not as easy as it seems. Managing people who are about 10 years younger than I am who don't have a lot of work experience means that they often don't know how to hold up their end of the bargain or communicate with clarity and transparency. I'm studying coaching and developing people so that I can help cultivate pro-social soft skills in the team I supervise, and not just technical skills. That's the biggest difference between how management happens here versus other places. This company's management style looks at the whole person and works on developing people overall, not just their technical skills.
Pros
Reliable schedule, growth opportunities, accessible management, clear policies and direction, friendly, beautiful work environment, yearly reviews, up-to-date technology, modern company
Cons
Many very young employees without a lot of life experience
My Journey from Entry-Level Technician to Service Manager
Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILApril 8, 2019
My Typical Day
I start my morning by checking all of the punch-in times of the technicians that I supervise to make sure that our clients' are receiving the service start times they expect. Then I meet a few technicians in the field to visit locations with them that they've escalated to my attention. Then I return to the office, or work from home, or work from a coffee shop (my personal favorite) to perform the administrative functions of my job. I also order inventory, track fleet maintenance, write commendations, perform estimates, coach my team, and write and deliver trainings.

What I've Learned
I've learned to be innovative, but not to reinvent the wheel. Landmark's training is based on a management curriculum from leading business schools, and I've enjoyed studying it. Time management is probably the training that I needed the most, and the "The 5 Choices: The Path to Extraordinary Productivity" curriculum (FranklinCovey), which is what is used here, has really transformed not only my work productivity, but has also helped me accomplish my personal goals as well. On a personal note, my parter and I used the curriculum at home to help us invest our time more wisely in activities that are meaningful to us and move our lives forward.

The Management
Management identified me as a high-potential team member very early in my career, and now it's my role to identify and develop new high-potential team members. I'm a middle level manager, and I report to the executive team. They're awesome. They're my mentors, and I would like to be promoted to department manager or executive
  more... manager within the next two to three years. I believe that my best traits are that I'm committed to being organized and applying my best effort, and I value others and want to see them succeed. These are the traits that have allowed me to advance and make meaningful contributions that have been recognized and rewarded.

The Workplace Culture
The best way to explain our workplace culture is simply to post the Company Values here:
◦ We approach our work in the interest of human health and safety with a love of nature and a deep respect for all living things.
◦ We treat everyone with dignity and respect.
◦ We communicate completely, openly, clearly and honestly.
◦ Our team works through support and cooperation.
◦ We go about our work with focus and good cheer.
◦ We honor the relationships that connect our team, our clients and our community.
◦ We provide a clean and safe environment for our clients and our team members.
◦ We support the physical and emotional well-being of our clients and team members.
◦ We take pride in our commitment to provide quality service and a 5-star client experience.
◦ We are dedicated to learning, teaching, and ongoing development.
◦ We celebrate and reward accomplishments and “A+” players.
◦ We are a fiscally responsible company.

The Hard Parts
The hardest part of my job was learning to use all of the time management tools, like Google Calendar, Deliverables Tracker, checklists, etc., that keep me from dropping balls. It's like second nature to me now, but it took about a year before I was proficiently using all of the tools available to me. I had ample support, training, and encouragement from the executive management team, and I benefited greatly from the management training program that allowed me to move from technician to manager very quickly.

The Fun Parts
The best part of my job involves one of our Company Values, which states, "We celebrate and reward accomplishments and “A+” players." When I make quality control visits to the locations that are services by our technicians, the degree of integrity and attention to detail I observe makes me incredible proud of our team. I love being able to call a technician and let him or her know that they've performed work that is worth feeling proud of. Commending and developing team members is my favorite part of my job.

Thanks for reading this. I know it got a little long.
Pros
I've developed strong management skills here. I recommend a career with Landmark Pest Management.
Cons
I love my job at Landmark
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILApril 8, 2019
I really love coming to work here every day. My co-workers are amazing, and my manager genuinely cares about developing our team to be the best it can be. I feel super proud to a member of my team. The managers in every department are always available and eager to help - there's no big talking head somewhere that no one has met. This is the kind of place where my ideas are listened to and implemented, which makes me feel truly valued. I also get to take online business development courses and participate in management-track training sessions because my department manager and the executive management team recognized my hard work and feel like I have potential. I've never worked for a company that was so invested in my future or my success. If you want to become an expert in wildlife and pest control, help make people's lives easier by solving their wildlife and pest problems, develop your business and management skills, and work with an amazing group of people in a beautiful building (seriously, the kitchen is out-of-this-world gorgeous), this is the place for you.
Pros
Great people, development opportunities, collaborative team, friendly management, beautiful kitchen, fascinating subject matter
Cons
Busy summer hours, parking lot smells like skunk
Until I win the Lottery, I'm going to enjoy working here.
Technical Support (Current Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILMarch 14, 2019
My parents were born in Poland and they worked hard their whole life. My dad became a carpenter and worked for himself. When he retired, he had no retirement or medical insurance, because he had his own business and it was really small. Watching my dad struggle, I wanted to work for a stable company. This company is stable and has great benefits. I never have to worry about my security or retirement like my dad did. I started working here at age 23, and my manager educated me about 401K and encouraged me to put the maximum into it. I really recommend this company for people who want to learn business skills and get encouraged to learn great communication skills. My manager sponsored me to take a public speaking class and join Toastmasters. I'm really working on myself and I'm glad to be a part of this company and I'm glad they're supporting me as a person and not only in the skills of my job.
Pros
Good pay, retirement account, life insurance, college classes, cool people
Cons
Sometimes customers can be unreasonable, but any customer service has to deal with that
This is the company I've been looking for
Senior Inspector (Current Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILMarch 12, 2019
I met a representative of Landmark Pest Management at a job fair hosted by the Daily Herald. I was working in the insurance industry at the time. I had never considered a pest control job before, but the people from Landmark were so fun to talk with, that I thought they might be fun to work with too, so I went in for an interview.

I just completed my fourth year with the company and I couldn't be happier. I attended a promotion party last week for my manager who has been here 10 years, and I know that I will will celebrate my 10-year work anniversary here someday too.

I respect my manager so much. He's like a professional coach and mentor. This company is extremely professional, honest and fair. I highly recommend working here, because this is a very unique place, in terms of how smart and nice and professional the management team is.
Pros
Professional management, promotion opportunities, no drama, cool people, client-focused.
Supportive Team And Lots of Advancement Opportunities
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILNovember 12, 2018
Working here has been a great opportunity for learning and career advancement. I was hired on as a Project Manager, which has allowed me to spend a lot of time with every role this company has to offer. I can honestly say I have never been bored or disliked what I was doing when working with the Landmark team. Everyone has been supportive, energetic, and fun.

As for the company itself, Landmark is rapidly expanding and there are lots of opportunities for upward mobility in the company. A lot of management is promoted from within and as a result, the executive team is high functioning and efficient at what they do. The management team expects you to work hard, but also treats you like a human and respects the effort you put into your job.

The benefits are great and allow you to fully support yourself. They offer 401K matching, full insurance, PTO, Over Time pay, etc. Management is also extremely helpful with these things and helps explain how to best utilize them.

I've worked quite a few jobs in my young 20's and can tell you this is a GOOD place to work. In all of my experiences, I've never met a team as supportive and uplifting as this one.
Pros
Great team, positive work culture, great benefits, understanding and supportive management
Cons
Construction on highway makes commuting annoying sometimes, but that will conclude soon
Great Company
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILAugust 2, 2018
I enjoyed my time working at Landmark Pest Management. I learned a lot and had fun assisting in a study being conducted by the organization. Everyone in management was very approachable and professional. The company culture was very collaborative and team oriented. Also, the current director of research has the vision and attributes to really take the firm to new heights. I am of the opinion that Landmark will grow exponentially over the next few years and help even more people live in healthier, more ecologically safer, and cleaner dwellings. The firm also has a positive impact on the local community as well as being a leader in empowering women to consider joining the wildlife control industry.
Pros
Excellent Managers, Clean Eco- friendly facility, Excellent leadership
If you would do anything to make clients happy, work here
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILJuly 12, 2018
You have to be very diplomatic to work here, because the "client experience" is the most important thing. An employee wouldn't last here if they were rude or short. If you really love customer service, problem solving, and being polite, you will do well here, and management will love you. Since there's such a big focus on being polite, co-workers are generally very nice people. This is definitely one of the more upbeat and sunny workplaces I've ever worked. Half of my managers are female and half are male. They are all accessible. I can text them and call them afterhours when I want to. They always pick up the phone and never act like I'm bothering them. I recently had a pretty serious injury (from sports) and they let me work from home. I felt very supported.
Pros
Gender equality, LGBTQ Friendly, Good Management, Pay and Benefits
Cons
Since we serve the government and we're an emergency response firm, calling out sick is very disruptive and you can be written up for doing it too much
I loved this job and I wish I could have stayed around.
Technician (Former Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILJuly 12, 2018
This was the best job I've ever had and I regret that I had to relocate out of state for my spouse's work, or else I would have stayed here. The company grew a lot in the 1.5 years I was there, and it's definitely the best pest control company I've ever worked for. I had worked for two different pest control companies, and this job had the best training, the best managers, the best equipment, and also just the nicest team to be around.
Pros
Managers that are cool and respectful
Cons
Oh man, only that I had to leave. Otherwise it was good.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Landmark. Our community is ready to answer.