Landry's Restaurants

Areas for improvement
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging

Low paying, high work hours

They expected 50 hours a week as a manager. I had to break up my 2 days off a week. Couldn't take them back to back. When I was promoted to Facility manager I received a 5 cent an hour raise. I went from 40 hours a week to 50. They considered the overtime pay as a raise.

Pros

Employee discount

Cons

Low pay 18.05 hourly for management position

Ego maniacs

All the executives are only out for themselves No loyalty and no support to employees Company always comes first Even if you work your butt off “you’re lucky to have a job”

Enjoyed my time here

I was a head server/trainer. Loved training people. Busy restaurant. Good money-once you get your server rating up. Start out at a C rating. Various ways to quickly become a B or A server.

Pros

Busy restaurant

Cons

Trainers/head servers can only trade shifts with servers who are rated A or whom manager approves, which limits your options.

Great company

They take great care of their employees. The environment of the company ensure they make great hires with friendly personalities. I worked at the babins branch and the employers were amazing and supportive.

Pros

Free lunch for working doubles

Cons

long shifts

Max achievements

I earned Landry’s top seller if the Landry’s select program. I received my award for having the most sold programs in under 6 months breaking company records and even being acknowledged by the president of the company himself.

Pros

I made great money

Cons

Lack of employees trying

Share your experience

Let job seekers know what it's like to work at your company.

Great Company

Very large company with lots of opportunities. Job all over the country and opportunities for advancement. All the regular perks that most large companies offer

Productive and Fast-paced work environment

I worked for the company in many different positions and I found it to be rewarding overall. They really like to promote from within and that helped me move up in the company. They do value hard work and reward their employees. The job can be demanding and requires a lot of effort on your part but I feel that for all the work they have you do, it'll make you more valuable later down the road.

Soul Sucking Vampires

If you are willing to do whatever it takes to get their goals accomplished for 2.13$ an hour, their payment to you, and work solely for tips, then this is the place for you. The company preaches culture. It’s a petri dish of smoke and mirrors, filled with lies and empty promises. They’ll hire anyone so be ready to work with the most entry level associates they can find and then watch them promote women’s body parts over reliability and superior work. They have no ethics and this starts at the very top of their company. They preach standards and professionalism yet they have none and most of the managers will throw you under a bus to make themselves appear powerful. Don’t even get me started on their training program. Save your soul.

Its a job

It's a job period, you can make decent money but schedules are random, managers aren't very helpful and its stressful. If it come between your word and a customer s dont exspect them to take your side

Terrible

You will spend most of your time looking for, or even showing up before the managers. Your voice is never heard. They change schedules around 1 day in advance without any notice. This is the worst place to work for

Pros

Non

Cons

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Landry's Restaurants?

Exelente

Pues es bueno muy Rápido divertido me gusta la forma en que se trabaja pues me gusta mucho mi trabajo

Rtm

The work is good and most of the hourly employees are awesome. I don’t feel the company cares when you have family emergencies. Decisions are made about your career without your knowledge.

Terrible company to work for.

If you need fast money waiting tables then go some where else trying to work your way to the top at this place is useless. They hire outside the company and you spend more time looking for a manager then you do with a guest.

Great place to work if you want to be a cog in a wheel! Upper management is TERRIBLE!!!

Nothing like working for a place where you will NEVER advance! Corporate management lies to you constantly. If you like working for a company that never values your opinion or input, Landry’s is for you!

Very pleasant, flexible with personal life

My only issues was scheduling, you schedule may say 4-10 but you may not leave till about 11 or maybe later, especially during the busy seasons. Other than that, working there is very easy and over all pleasant. They’re very flexible with hours and very understanding with an out-of-work life.

Four-star dining environment that is highly guest-centered

A typical day at work was usually busiest in the evenings at all three restaurants. I learned quite a bit about time management, prioritization, being knowledgeable in all areas of your service and work so as to properly answer questions, sales, and guest relations. The direct management was great, but the higher-up managers were inconsiderate, rude, and not focused on appreciating the employees at all. I saw senior managers disrespect direct management rudely in front of other employees. The company itself did not care for its' employees, which was made extremely evident by the lack of benefits or notice of employees accomplishments, including management accomplishments. Expect to be away from your family often and to work all holidays with no company appreciation whatsoever. The most enjoyable part of the job were the relationships developed with guests and coworkers. I am a people person and enjoy talking to others, learning about them, and making sure their experience is one to remember.

N/a

I think is a great company with many opportunities! They have a growth program,more the 500 locations worldwide since casual restaurants to fine dining,its a susesfull company

Great place to embrace a career in hospitality.

Landry's is the best company I have ever worked for. I traveled and worked with and for some of the best in my industry. The growth program is wonderful. My last experience was at the Golden Nugget and unfortunately, I was given a position in the HR department that didn't end well. I miss my Landry family and if given the chance I would work for them again..

Lots of great people here

Check Job queue, and schedule your workday Get to work on trouble tickets. Deliver hardware to sites needing equipment, install hardware and cleanup afterwards. Repeat! Workplace culture was great, activities every holiday with raffles, and costume or dessert contest. Christmas parties were always a fun time. Various locations... corporate campus, restaurants, hotels, casinos, and amusement parks...variety!

Pros

Employee Discounts

Fun

I love working at a fun and quick pace restaurant like this. They are the most highly recommend job I have ever had since I been in the work life my self

n/a

Is a very good place to grow and learn how the restaurants run with my situation i think i'm been held back from my full potential as a manager and chef

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Landry's Restaurants. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Landry's Restaurants
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?