Landry's Inc. Employee Reviews

Poor Management All Around
Host at Bubba Gump's Restaurant Concept (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 8, 2018
My coworkers were truly the only thing pleasant about this job. We managed to cultivate a collaborative environment for the most part; however, management was something left to be desired. Not to mention they do not provide employee discounts and if an employee wants discounts (for food or additional uniform pieces) they have to give 10$ of their biweekly paycheck to have any corporate benefits.
Once was great
General Manager, Morton's Restaurant Group (Former Employee) –  Burbank, CAOctober 22, 2018
Landry's bought the restaurant I worked for and drove the culture from it. From a business point of view, they pay well and control costs. From a culture point of view, they stopped caring about the employees.
Pros
Compensation, bonus structure
Cons
Lack of culture
Cool place to work
Certified Trainer/Line Cook (Current Employee) –  Kemah, TXDecember 3, 2018
It's an a great company with a lot of benefits and the company is worldwide. I love working for Landry's because of the people I work with down to earth people that care about you.
All about the bottom line, people do not come first
DIVISIONAL OPERATIONS SUPPORT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 5, 2018
Over worked unit level managers with not enough compensation. People do not come first with this company. It is all simple posturing and ego. Professionalism is not always at the forefront of importance. Any employee is expendable and it is very evident.
Health insurance is not great and is very costly for a family plan.
Pros
pay
Cons
hours, costly health insurance, minimal upward mobility
Great if single and driven
Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 6, 2018
Like the title says, if you’re single and career driven it’s a company you can enjoy working for and make good money. If you’re more family focused (i.e. wife, kids) be prepared to miss all holidays and rarely get to spend time together. Work/life balance is out of whack with an expected 55 hour work week.
Pros
Organized, Competitive Pay
Cons
Stressful, Work/Life Balance
Some days i feel over worked
Chef (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 25, 2018
The company in a whole is a great company but the place I work now can be taxing for someone. We are the last one in the
city and not enough employees.
Pros
Employee discount
Cons
no benifits
Project Coordinator Position
Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 22, 2018
Wonderful company, offering excellent benefits, as well as additional items that are exclusive to Landry’s employees. Have felt a sense of real “team work” amongst my department when working on projects.
Get place to get a lot of experience
Accountant (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 31, 2018
I have gained a lot of knowledge during my employment and I'm always learning more. When you put in the effort, management helps to see you succeed. I like that they promote community outreach.The only negative is there in no work-life balance.
Pros
Group volunteering, Gain experience, Always growing and always changing
Cons
No work-life balance, Lack of communication from management unless asked directly
Be very cautious if choosing to work here
Sales and Event Manager (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 20, 2018
You are a number to them, not an actual person. You are just another cog in a machine to make them money and your well-being means nothing to them. I put in my two week notice and they decided to walk me (basically like being terminated). They are also not going to pay me out for my two weeks that I was going to give them. Now, I am in Colorado, so I understand it is an at will state and they are not required by law to pay me for the two weeks, however, nearly every other employer will compensate their employee for their two weeks in this type of situation. Please just understand that if you decide to work for this company, you will be treated poorly and may not get paid for your final two weeks.

Management: maybe try genuinely caring about your people. Stop being so money hungry and realize that if your people aren't happy, they aren't going to be motivated which in turn they won't make you money. Also, there are a lot of sexual harassment issues against the higher ups in this company and some of the girls I've spoken to won't say anything in fear of jeopardizing their career. Maybe time to take a closer look.
Pros
Pay is good, SEMs get weekends and holidays off
Cons
Everything else
Tourist attraction
Retail Associate (Current Employee) –  Kemah, TXSeptember 6, 2018
it can be very enjoyable at peak times of the year, because you stay busy. you meet and interact with different kinds of people from many different cultures. assistance is readily available if the need arises. management will work with you on hours and days off,within reason. hours are better, more flexible and abundant during summer months.
Pros
outside environment, flexible hours
Cons
no Ins, shorter hours in off season
Great company
Park Ops (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 15, 2019
Great place to learn and grow. Not the best job but it helps you build character management is flexible and very understanding. Not a place where mistakes are accepted.
Pros
Job advancement
Cons
No breaks
Good Atmosphere, Bad Benefits
Bartender (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 9, 2018
Saltgrass Steak House has a large amount of loyal guests due to the delicious food, good service and atmosphere Landry's has created which is beneficial for servers and bartenders making tips. However, servers are only paid tip wage (2.13/hour), receive no benefits, and must pay for the discount program and the job security is very low as a single bad guest complaint can get you fired.
Pros
Atmosphere, Busy, Good Food
Cons
No Benefits, Low Hourly Pay and No Job Security
Life at Landry's
Accounting Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 1, 2018
Life at Landry's was a good time. My manger and work family were amazing. The insurance wasn't the best, it was very expensive. Raises weren't the best but I had a job security and my sanity. The traffic was the reason for me leaving.
Pros
THe Christmas Party, My Manger and Co Workers
Cons
The Parking
Not a positive working enviroment
hotel/concierge (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WASeptember 14, 2018
How an employee ranks at Landry's
guest
employee
management

I was told by my boss that he did not care about my life style, day's off, vacation time all he cared about was the bottom line.
Pros
zero
Cons
not a good working enviroment
Call Center Plantation
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 25, 2017
I worked extremely harder in sales than any one in the history of the Call Center in Houston Corporate. I gave my notice because of the hectic scoring and management tactics, they score you low and you loose your hard worked commission, no sick days you will get penalized if your having chest pains or any sickness is not acceptable. Manager of call center fired me 5 days prior to my commission due date and my last day of work I gave him. Billion dollar buyer does not need "My hard earned commission".
Pros
Commission, 401K, Lunch on site
Cons
no sick days, no holiday pay, timed breaks, penalies for everything, horrible QA procedures.
Definitely not worth it
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaNovember 26, 2017
Corporate Management did not seem to care about employee issues. I was a manager and that did not matter. I was expected to work 12 hour days while my direct supervisor who was also equal to my title worked 7 hours. They made sure to cover up their discrimination, so nothing could be done. The stress is not worth it. Benefits are really expensive, and you only get a discount if you pay for it.
This place is a mess
Server (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, VAOctober 4, 2018
The management is all over the place. The kitchen is incredibly slow. Our tip out is too high considering that we never have enough bussers or food runners. Our staff is sketchy!!!
Pros
Sometimes you make alot
Cons
Pay is Inconsistent
very welcoming and fun
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLNovember 2, 2017
A typical day at work was greeting guests as they came in and left the building. I learned that with many guests it's sometimes hard to make them all happy. The hardest part would be dealing with some of the other employees sometimes and the unhappy guests. The best part about the job is meeting and becoming friends with coworkers.
Pros
Discount for yourself and five others, 401k
Cons
Healthcare, management sometimes
Fun work place if the managers where at ease
Host (Former Employee) –  Galveston, TXSeptember 4, 2018
It was fun at times but other than that you always had to act as if you where having the time of your life and putting on a fake smile for those who visited even though the managers tend to get mad about every little thing that you did other than that I would consider it a fun job the managers just made it less enjoyable
Pros
Discount meals
Cons
Short breaks, and you had to eat fast
Large Corporation
Assistant General Manager (Current Employee) –  NCAugust 2, 2018
Opportunity for advancement, close to 600 locations with 60+ concepts nationwide. Ever growing company with opportunities within the restaurant, gaming, and hotel careers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Landry's Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP15%
In the Top 15% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Landry's Inc..

Powered by Comparably