Landrys Inc

Landrys Inc Employee Reviews

United States17 reviews
Landrys is definitely one of the most if not the best company I’ve ever worked for so far. Not only is my upper management very good. But the benefits and job culture is very good as well.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Some mgrs offer some flexibility with work and personal things and others are just cold. It depends on you are under. The culture is not team oriented or people friendly.
Love the staff the place always had a good vibe work was work not hard just quick fast and easy if you work then you had no problem fitting in but over all would work again big I could
I love my job but im just looking for something that pays better. I love my bosses. They really work with you and your schedule. Theyre very easy to contact.
Pros
Free meal when you work a double
Cons
You dont get the discount at chick fil a express
Share your experience
Let job seekers know what it's like to work at your company.
Great place to work. Fun atmosphere and work environment. Work every holiday and weekends is the downfall. Really enjoyed the people who work there. Can't say enough good things how this company treats its employees.
Weather and economy based as a Theme Park,this location is open 365 days a year,observes no Christian holidays.The location is very small and is hard to move around to work or even get to the restroom.
Pros
Lots of activities, bands etc
Cons
Landry's Inc was slow and what felt like had no ability to take restroom breaks or water in 100 degree environments they also took hours away from me. Due to the poor management that wouldn't allow the switching of departments within the kemah boardwalk also the low pay was unbearable with just one payment to make a month.
Pros
paid dinner
Cons
1 30 break in a 12 hour shift and usually from 11 to 11
It is a very easy place to work. I love all the managers. They are really friendly and help you in any way possible. They are very flexible when it comes to determining your schedule.
Fast paced work environment with unnecessary pressure from managers. Management worried about other things than actual work.
Team work may be an issue when there is no team.
Pros
Discount lunch
Cons
Short break
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Landrys Inc?
Landrys is an excellent company to work for, with upward mobility and growing job opportunities in many different career fields. The company is a nationwide entity with various concepts across the United States.
I enjoyed working with my crew and enjoyed going to work. I am proud to say that I was a Landry’s customer, and I had a blast interacting with the customers. It was a great experience.
Very hard to pick up shifts due to competitive hours. Hours scheduled are flexible; guests for the most part are friendly. Managers have open door policy; communication is key.
This job will over work you with little to no advancement or pay raise opportunities. Some of the fellow employees are great but very long and tedious hours.
one of the best company that i have ever worked for. management was awesome.

company is growing every day and there is always something to do.
Pros
lunch discount, free parking, lots of benefits
Cons
couldnt find a con, even if i was forced to find one
Fast pace job and very helpful to others. Lots of customer service and hands on work. Sometimes there are complaints but that's every restaurant.
Great company to work for. I had an opportunity to learn new skills and polished existing one by communication with coworkers among our strong team.
Normally I would get there around 3pm and would start doing my mid day count for the money in the safe. As soon as I was done with that I would start fixing the invoices that I would have to put in the system sometime throughout my shift for the day. The next shift for servers arrive at 3:30 pm. According to a ranking system that the company implemented I would assign servers to their sections and put that information in an excel sheet that they would use throughout the shift. As soon as the staff arrive we would start the shift with with a mandatory meeting to recap on the previous shift and some of the ways we can improve as a team. Once the meeting is over I am out on the floor talking to guests, making sure they are having a world class dining experience. As I am doing that I am also looking at the performance of the staff and checking they are following the standards of the company. Also part of my job was to go to the back and make sure the cooks and the dishwashers and the bus boys, in our restaurant we call them server assistants, know their role for the shift as well. That is one of the things that was great about this company, everyone is so versatile and flexible. We work together as a team. Yes we do have team leaders but everyone is great and everyone is trained to be a leader. I enjoyed going to work and seeing how the company culture was being executed. Its great when you work so hard for something and you see the results. At the end of the shift there are to areas that need to be checked by a manager. One of them is front of the house. Usually three closer, - more...
Pros
Its always about teamwork.
Cons
Schedule for management team is not consistent.