Lane Bryant Employee Reviews

Found 1,702 reviews matching the search See all 1,705 reviews
Great place to work. Very generous discounts.
Key Holder, Leader (Former Employee) –  Cypress, TXFebruary 15, 2019
Loved working here. The manager is the district training manager and she is fantastic. Loved the coworkers. Scheduling was inconsistent but the manager was more than willing to accommodate requests for time off.
Pros
Discounts.
Cons
Wanted to buy everything.
Horrible pay lots of customer service
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Hattiesburg, MSFebruary 14, 2019
The amount of customer service that LB wants you to provide is top of the line, over the top for MINUMUM RAGE!!!! I was Climbing, lifting, fitting, cleaning, searching stock and online for 7.25!!!! Waste of time for sure. They also have the nerve to require you to get CC. FOR NOTHING! Total trash. What I made in a day cost less than one t shirt in that store.
Pros
Store promo for employees
Cons
Pay
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Shirley, NYFebruary 13, 2019
A pleasant atmosphere to work in. I enjoyed my time there. I appreciate the patience shown to me during my training and easy going composure of the staff.
Loved the store and the job
Retail Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MIFebruary 12, 2019
Loved working with the staff and the customers. There was always a challenge available to workers that was easily attained when you were determined to meet your sales goals.
Productive Work Environment
Sales Manager (Part Time) (Former Employee) –  AlabamaFebruary 8, 2019
Hands on Sales position and customer service. Best part of the job is boosting self confidence in my clients. The pay lacks, but that is expected in retail.
Cons
Pay
Wish they promoted from within
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  ArkansasFebruary 7, 2019
DM needs to spend more time in stores. I enjoyed the company but sometimes did not feel valued. They supposedly stand for valuing their people, but really not the case.
Wonderful work experience
Store Associate (Current Employee) –  Lakeland, FLFebruary 7, 2019
Checking out guests and keeping them happy. Really simple job lots of fun. The people you work with are great. The products are amazing and you really learn a lot.
Pros
nice people, %50 off, decent break times
Cons
not enough hours, not awesome pay
Current PT Salesperson
PT Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Strongsville, OHFebruary 6, 2019
Very easy peasy job. If you like dealing with mostly women this is the place for you. Pay could be better, no benefits unless you are full time. Better have comfy shoes because you are on your feet constantly. Always something to do to keep busy like doing shipments or resetting the store ALOT. Key holders are PT and FT and pay not much more but if someone calls off you could be working a 12 hr or more shift. Great 50% off reg prices discount for employees here and with rest of ASCENA brands. Free clothes when new launches occur(free jeans, bras, underwear etc.) Manager has been good but she can show favoritism with hrs at times. You will have to work days afternoons and close too.
Pros
Free stuff Great dscounts Easy Peasy work
Cons
pay is low for what you do, hrs can suck(retail hrs) your feet will hurt
Fun and fast paced work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXFebruary 5, 2019
I was a greeter who informed customers of sales at the start of the day. I was also a cashier, maintained the floor, fitting room attendant, and personal shopper in a way to customers. Hardest part of the job is meeting credit goals since some days are slow. Sales goals are easy if you love fashion and helping people shop for themselves. Only left cause of the hours.
Pros
Free meals, always something to do, some benefits for long term employees
Cons
No breaks usually, workplace drama
Fun work place. Great perks
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Centralia, WAFebruary 5, 2019
This job is all about customer service. It's great when someone comes in exasperated and frustrated because she "can't find anything that looks right" and she leaves with a smile and feeling great about herself.
Pros
Great discounts and learn to earns.
Cons
Not enough hours
Personal shopping experience
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Blackwood, NJFebruary 4, 2019
Working at Lane Bryant, you will develop personal relationships with customers. Being that Lane Bryant caters to curvier women, we provide a very comfortable environment for women of various shapes to shop.
PT Key holdee
Part Time Key Holder (Current Employee) –  Rogers, ARJanuary 28, 2019
Management was great. Greeting great clients. Nice know that clients came in with a lost self esteem and when they leave they have a smile on their face and holding themselves high.
Pros
Good discount
Cons
Poor associate
Store Manager
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 26, 2019
Very fast paced, fashion related customer service. I enjoyed working their not well staffed for the amount of work. Culture was great. Hardest part was completing the tasks with short staff.
Full Figured Fashion
PT Lead/Asst. Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDJanuary 24, 2019
Customer service in a full figured fashion environment. Processing sales/returns and go backs. you will keep moving as there is always something to do.
Cons
low pay
Great associateand workplace
Key Holder/Sales Lead (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVJanuary 23, 2019
The work place is fast paced and the associates are great to work with. It is a place that you will learn lots of diffrent infromation and how to work with customers.
Fun place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYJanuary 23, 2019
Lane Bryant was a fun, laid back job that helped me through college. My manager and coworkers were pleasant to work with. It was encouraging to work with women who looked like me and who enjoyed helping other plus sized women look their best.
Overall employment at Lane Bryant is satisfactory.
Key Holder (Part Time) (Current Employee) –  Lathrup Village, MIJanuary 20, 2019
Working for Lane Bryant is very fast paced at my location. Customers are great and we have a great work environment.
I enjoy working with a diverse group of customers.
Pros
Great working environment
Cons
Pay scale
Lane Bryant
Associate (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYJanuary 17, 2019
I worked with some great ladies and some not so great ladies. I was weekly made to lift heavy mannequins, when I asked why me I was told it was because I was tall and I did it so well. I got a second job because I wasn't get the hours i wanted and i was told by the store manager i had to choose. So i put in a two week notice. I still love the store and am still close with the ladies I worked with.
Pros
Discount. Free stuff. Work with awesome ladies, help people.
Cons
Bad store managment. No chance to move up.
poor upper management
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Monterey, CAJanuary 17, 2019
upper mangement was very negative
consistent change
slow paced
no time set aside for visual merchandising, this was required to be done during business hours
Lane Bryant retain store
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJanuary 16, 2019
the questions above has nothing to do with the Lane Bryant retail store. i was manager, where i had to do the bank deposit and make a list of things that needed to be done and what section the employees will be working. make sure that the store is clean and ready for opening and cleaned for the next day, setting up all the registers with the correct amount of money for the day. had to count down the safe twice a day to make sure no money is missing, if there was a unhappy customer then i helped to make that customer happy by giving a discount. Making sure my balance sheet is correct from the night before. closing out the registers. Working the stock room
Pros
getting a long with all the employees
Cons
new employees getting paid more than me and i was a manager