Lane Bryant Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Found 1,577 reviews matching the search See all 1,579 reviews
Its a great company but some variables make it a little difficult
Sales Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAAugust 14, 2018
The company is very amazing, accommodating and worth your time. Working with others who share the same passion of seeing plus size women happy is very refreshing. Now there are times where it does get a little rough but the DM does her best to send so much positivity!
Pros
good work environment, Daily goals/plans that keep you motivated, meet great people
Cons
turn over rate, lack of training ( both of these are different for other states)
Laid back atmosphere
Part-Time Manager (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, GAAugust 13, 2018
Fun and relaxed environment. You have opportunities to assist in other store openings, some even out of state. It was different from day to day so things didn’t get mundane.
Loved uplifting women
Sales Associate/Stylist (Former Employee) –  Viera, FLAugust 10, 2018
I loved helping another women feel confident and sexy in her clothes and I developed my own clientele that would come every couple of weeks to personally shop with me.
Great place to work with plus sized women
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Orange Park, FLAugust 7, 2018
running reports, obtaining numbers from previous day to set goals for current day. attend conference calls to see placement within the district. learned what clothing fit what body shapes and how to make every woman feel great in the skin they are in. floor sets and constantly changing promos needing to be changed out at a moments notice were exhausting. working every weekend and a lot of holidays was not fun but is expected in retail.
Pros
see new merchandise first, free or discounted items
Cons
hours and days worked, constant changes without notice
Super fun and friendly place to work.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COAugust 6, 2018
Typical days involve styling on the floor, learning about new merch, and assisting customers on sizing and styling their outfits and accessories. Management is a little pushy when it comes to making goals on house card applications. The best part of the job is seeing someone leave standing tall because you helped change the way they saw themselves.
Pros
No strict uniforms, great discounts.
Cons
Short staffing leads to lack or shortage of breaks.
Dress up was fun
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CAAugust 6, 2018
Guest were great you had yoour regulars that made work fun. you had rushes here and there whcih were managable. You got to try on the clothes with your team to know how to describe a clothings fit or texture. was fun to dress and accessorize guest.
Cons
short breaks pay
Nice place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Grove City, PAAugust 6, 2018
Good place to work part time. Your not guaranteed hours when it's the off season since it's a outlet mall. One week you will work almost 40 hours next week you will get 15 hours.
The discount was the best thing about this job
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Catonsville, MDAugust 5, 2018
meeting new clients everyday, helping them find what they need, you get to meet great people.

the discount was great, If you can make it there 10 years, you get the discount for life.
Fun but hard job for fashionistas
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Viera, FLAugust 4, 2018
Very fast paced and active environment. Empowering women to look and feel their best. Lots of merchandising and clothing prep to get product onto the sales floor. Fun and challenging.
Pros
clothing discounts and free items
Cons
no breaks for workers who work 5 hour or less shift.
Great Place with Beautiful People
Associate (Former Employee) –  Olympia, WAAugust 3, 2018
By "beautiful people" I mean inside and out. I worked here while going to school, and I loved it. I enjoyed working with clients, and the staff was always positive and helpful. Management was friendly and wonderful, always doing fun things to meet goals. The hardest part of the job is making credit card goals, or doing underwear tables. But if that is the worst of it, it is very much worth it for the benefits.
Pros
discounts, learn to earn, friendly environment
Very average pay, average workload
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mount Juliet, TNAugust 2, 2018
The store I worked in had a very healthy group of women that worked well together and all did their fair share. The management was a bit micro-managy and irritating at times but that is normal. The clothes are a bit too expensive for most people but is of high quality. The customers could be very pushy and rude at times but overall, not too bad. I had a very average work experience at Lane Bryant
easy going
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, WAAugust 2, 2018
Management was good , customers were friendly , team members always made the environment comfortable , job hours were not enough , job advancememt was good
needs approvment
Sales Leader (Former Employee) –  Tulare, CAAugust 1, 2018
lack of communication with workers, not clear on job title , I did enjoy the customers, and co-workers. I enjoyed sales. holidays were a exciting time.
Lane Bryant as a retail store is great as an occupation not so great
Part Time Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Burlington, WAAugust 1, 2018
The customers are amazing although the staff at my particular store were mostly rude and overly competitive to where it cause friction in the work place. Many times work that was completed would be redone or undone only so other employees could take the credit and give it to the boss. The store focused on sales and credit card applications less on the customers experience.

Finally when I had a family emergency and could not contact my employer I was fired for a "no call no show." When I told my employer what happened she shrugged and said sorry it's too late.

The compassion and understanding I needed was nowhere to be found. I left Lane Bryant and have yet to return as an employee or as a customer.
Productive work enviroment
District Training Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Murfreesboro, TNJuly 31, 2018
Great place to work! Great benefits. Great work-life balance. Ability to lead and manage your team. Succession planning available with excellent training
Pros
Not a lot of travel involved
Cons
The balance between client focus and tasking
it was okay.
Key Holder/Sales Lead (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 31, 2018
I was PT. My manager at the time was Very Caring respectful to others .Culture great.Call outs. Enjoyable part bring a dish to wk day. I was PT so it's not much to say.
Pros
very flexable
Cons
short breaks
Loved working with the customers
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Lawton, OklahomaJuly 27, 2018
The customers kept me there. It was hard to make bills with little income though and they seem to hire anyone for a manager, which makes it hard to take work seriously.
Stressful Environment
customer service (Current Employee) –  Temecula, CAJuly 27, 2018
petty rivalry, no room to grow. managers are the worst dishonest and sneaky individuals. over worked and underpaid as most jobs are. so stressful to be there, best part is the customers.
Lane Bryant
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, NCJuly 26, 2018
Lane Bryant is a wonderful company to work for! Great leadership and amazing team memebers. You definitely gain a family when working for this company.
Lane Bryant Review
Sales Associate (part-time) (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJuly 25, 2018
If you enjoy working with the public and making women feel good about themselves by helping them with their clothing choices then this is a good place for you. There are opportunities to move up if that's what you want.