Lane Bryant
71Above average

Lane Bryant Employee Reviews

You’re seeing reviews close to Ashburn, VA based on your current location
Not your desired location?
Choose a different one
Ashburn, VA22 reviews
The company as a whole is good to work for but there are so many things to keep track of. Nonsensical papers and reviews to do. The CEOs or people making plans for the stores don't take into consideration how much that the workers at store level have to do.
The environment is very good to work in. I always have a good shift while helping customers with bra fitting and making sure they walk out the door happy with their items.
Great place to provide great service and network. They have evolved the merchandise and the marketing. The benefits are great and flexibility with hours.
Customer service in a full figured fashion environment. Processing sales/returns and go backs. you will keep moving as there is always something to do.
Cons
low pay
You learn something neww everyday. They had a sales task everyday. They let you go home of you had family issues. They help out with day care. If you need a ride to work they help with that.
Pros
Daycare discount
Cons
Never not on time staff
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
Days were either extremely slow or fast. Management was great - along with other employees - but very little scheduled hours and short shifts. I loved working there, but I can't deal with the hours.
I like it but I dont love it..i honestly didnt think id like it that much but i do work with some wonderful people...it can be boring at times and seems like i just stand around doing nothing but i love to help people
Pros
discount, nice people to work with
Cons
managment needs work, too much preassure on credit
You get to learn all aspects of retail sales and store management as everyone pitches in completing daily operation tasks. Friendly and helpful co-workers.
job can be stressful at times with sales goals and credit card goals. but overall every one was friendly. meet a lot of great people. had mandatory store meetings. had to work weekends a lot
Pros
the people both the customers and your peers
Cons
hours
A typical day working here is wonderful.
everyone is friendly and management is the best!

The most enjoyable day is helping anyone in need of help.
I worked as a part-time key holder at the Woodbridge, Virginia store. The company is awful. The pay is low for the amount of work you are required to do. The management was horrible. No support from the store manager and the district manager was petty and extremely unfair. I would never recommend this employer to anyone.
Pros
There are none.
Cons
Low pay, horrible management.
The best part of the job is the clients and the relationships that you are able to build with them . The medical benefits are outstanding. There is not much room for upward movement in the company and next to no work/ life balance.
I worked part time..didn't mind until part time mgr try to belittle u in front of staff and customers. Training was a joke. Discount couldn't use hardly cause so many conditions. Clothes old fashion and overpriced. Employees didn't work as a team.. No stock person have to all incoming inventory. .way too much work for the pay...
Pros
Cons
pay, training, benefits, poor management
Let me start off by saying that I love lane Bryant and what it stands for. When I came to lane Bryant 2yrs and 3mon ago, I had no idea just how much of an impact this place and the people who worked there would have on my life. I forged many friendships that have lasted even after many of us have moved on. I learned valuable retail experience and am eternally grateful for it. Now, to the bad things and the overall reason for why I chose to leave lane Bryant. I worked for a double platinum store that was high volume. The scheduling of only 2 people at any given time was one of the first things that lane Bryant messed up. How can they expect employees to properly maintain store cleanliness, attend to shipment, complete projects, help customers, open fitting rooms, and ring up customers in line, when there are only 2 people working. This scheduling matrix does not work. Secondly, why must stores continue to hire employees when the associates working there aren't even getting hrs. The hours fluctuate so much that one week you might have 8hrs and the next you might have 25. If you have bills to pay like I do, I suggest you get a full time job and make lane Bryant your part time job. Thirdly, lane Bryant cannot keep employees, especially management. My store went through 3 managers, and 4 district managers in 2 years. Fourth, during my time at lane Bryant, I only ever saw a .22 cent raise, this was especially disappointing to me because I was commuting an hour and a half as a sales associate making only $9.22 an hr with 2.3 years of experience.
Pros
Discount, friendships
Cons
Poor pay, not enough hours, poor management
being able to come in and swiffer the floor was my fav.;) But helping plus sized women gain a with my honest opinions, and they know that i wont tell them something just to make a sell.
Pros
Being a very important part of the store.
Cons
Having to move on to something else.
I enjoyed working here. i was able to help woman find the right clothes.
A Store associate/clerk isn't the greatest job to have in my opinion, the job gave me OK discounts on merchandise and good pay for only being a young woman without any bills. The only thing this job gave me was the unique experience of working in a huge shopping mall.
Pros
Merchandise discounts
Cons
not enough pay
On a typical day, I sign-in on a computer and than speak to my supervisor to give me instruction for the day.Typically my duties involves ringing up customer, helping customers on the floor and organizing merchandise around the store.
Pros
I like the personal interaction I get with working customer.
It was a fun atmosphere. Very results driven company. They had a lot of company inniatives put in place to have better results in customer service. It had great benefits package for full-time and part-time employees. Being part of this organization was great learning experience.
A typical day at work was, helping customers find clothes, fitting them for jeans or bras. Showing customers to dressing rooms. cleaning the clothes the customer did not want and rehanging them up. At the end of my work day i would vacuum. My co-workers were nice, but; they never really spoke to me or helped me out. The hardest part of the job was fittings.
I liked this job alot ,but it was seasonal.I am a people person an i love clothes so it worked out well.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lane Bryant. Our community is ready to answer.
2.9
Diversity score
out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Lane Bryant.