Lane Bryant

2.9Pay & Benefits

Found 493 reviews matching the searchSee all 2,257 reviews
lanebradiscountstoreoutfitclotheclothingwoman

Great clients

The best part of the job is the clients and the relationships that you are able to build with them . The medical benefits are outstanding. There is not much room for upward movement in the company and next to no work/ life balance.

Would never work here again.

Miserable experience. There were up to three "managers" giving conflicting instructions about the smallest of tasks at all times, and constant workplace gossip. Incredibly high turnover rate, and minimum wage with laughably high expectations for clothing retail. Expected to push a credit card to every customer, and not meeting a monthly quota for credit card sign-ups results in scathing sit-downs with the manager. Was my first job, and I left in tears more times than not. Abysmal management, catty coworkers, and no benefits to top it off. Save your time and grief and work anywhere else.

Pros

Part time, clothing discounts

Cons

Short breaks, toxic workplace, high turnover

Lane Bryant insights

What people like
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Supportive environment
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Trust in colleagues

It was okay

Not a bad place to work but low pay and high expectations. Worked for the company for many years. They care about their staff which is nice. But hours aren't consistent and are based on the needs of the store. This is not for someone with kids at home

Good company,bad structure

Being on retail is the most hardest way to work.I worked on the store at Plaza Bonita and the store manager is the type of person who rather benefits and give hours to their closest friends that she hires than associates who actually work.The SM doesnt know how to separate her personal life from work or being a good leader and that affects the whole team.The company needs to evaluate that store managment.I can say the job is easy,but not the working environment.

Pros

70% employee discount

Cons

No medical insurance or so

Okay

Did not offer much flexibility as far as scheduling. Rate of pay was on the lower end than other retailers for the same position. Overall the atmosphere was usually upbeat.

Incredible employee discount

Lane Bryant has an incredible employee discount. The job can be fun if you have the right team of people to work with and good management. All depends on your store. The systems and digital processes the company uses are lagging. They are difficult to work with and often times fail to work at all, which, impedes employees abilities to do their jobs well. The pay is also considerably low at just $12 an hour. Most jobs in this area pay between $14 and $17 for similar work.

Not Paid Enough

I love the people I work with, my managers, and the experience I am able to provide our customers. I wish could could stay and put myself into this job, but the bottom line is the pay isn't enough. You have to deal with the average retail problems. Corporate wants you to pour your whole soul into connecting with customers, will tell you you are important to them, and then stand by as you are screamed at and mistreated by customers. They want top quality customer service and aren't willing to pay their employees for it. At the store level, when it is great working here is incredible, and it tears me apart that the lack of pay and benefits due mostly part time positions will continue to to drive people away from this job.

Save Your Mental Health

I worked at LB for almost 7 years. I was always very productive and loved helping customers out. Out of the 7 years there it took me until year 6 to finally get the Part-time Keyholder position. The raise for it wasn't worth the amount of excess things they pile on top of you and ONLY Full-time Managers get paid vacation/sick time. The pay in general isn't that great for the amount of things you have to do in the first place to be fair. The DM is very infamous for being a horrible person as OTHER companies know who she was. I ended up hating the job when we moved to a new location due to coming back in 2020 from lockdown. Mainly due to the fact the location we moved to, the customers were very entitled and would try to make everything seem like it was the workers fault when we would give them attention. There's also a TON of drama within the store and between other stores. Everyone is a snake and don't trust them is what I learned there. Save your mental health and time and steer clear of this place.

My Advice: Never Work There

I have worked there for almost four years. While benefits were great. The organization was not. From favoritism to bullying to higher management only caring about their vacation instead of their top volume store to not getting any training. Overall, it was a nightmare.

Hopefully Times Have Changed!

Strong brand vision, lackluster work/life balance. On call 24/7 with all levels of leadership. Incredibly happy that I have moved on, but miss the strong relationships garnered while in role. Pay is not competitive, but benefits are strong. Serving this underserved customer is absolutely what kept me invested in LB.

Pros

Benefits, Customer Interaction, Leadership Training

Cons

NO work/life balance, Underpaid for Workload and Responsibility, NO Empathy from Upper Management

Why not

It’s was okay for retail at the time long hours low pay lot of responsibilities but a great employee discount if you at young and like clothes why not

Plenty of Work

There was plenty of work to do, I think there was unlimited UTO as long as there was a decent amount of notice given, weekly work schedules were pretty random, the pay was okay

waste of time

this company only gives 10-15 hours per week, if your looking to pay bills this isn't the place to be! only SM and ASM get full time hours. $11 an hour isn't enough for the amount of work being done.

Pros

nothing

Cons

5 hour shifts and only 10-15 hours per week

Company doesn't care about their employee's

-Good employee discount-Upper management doesn't care about lower lever workers-Minimal/NO raises- No room for advancement- Too much drama-No accountability

Good enough

Good enough company to work for. All dependent on who you're working with and for. Training for new products and procedures was good and timely. Incentives like discounted product and free products as they're released is really neat, too.

What is the best part of working at the company?The benefits and the customer connectionWhat is the most stressful part about working at the company?There is a lot of tasks given to you in hand that need to be completed for the day.What is the work environment and culture like at the company?Management is uncommunicative. And it is a toxic environmentWhat is a typical day like for you at the company?Customer focus but in between you have to get done your tasks for the day.

Underpaid and overworked

The perks - good vacation benefits and remote work flexibility, and they’ve done a good job hiring friendly people that are easy to work with. Management is friendly, but unfortunately just doesn’t know how to manage.The bad - understaffed and consistently have employees doing the work of roles higher than what they’re getting paid to do. Favoritism by management in who gets promoted and it’s very hard to even get an annual raise here. They’ve also not had official performance reviews since covid making it more difficult to bring up promotions/raises. Large turnover in the senior and c-suite employees that causes the company to constantly be changing work methods, which results in inefficiency and extra unnecessary work for teams. Every new boss who comes in wants to start over on work that’s already in motion and implement new processes, it’s exhausting. Also horrible communication from management, which constantly leaves associates in the dark about what’s going on. Also they have an impossible calendar that gets worse every year, resulting in massive deadlines on top of massive deadlines and employees having to work late and weekends to get everything done on time. On top of that they refuse to hire help for teams that desperately need it (mainly teams who lost coworkers from covid layoffs and they won’t hire back people to replace them now).

Work life balance, below industry standard in salary

Great company for work life balance, and supporting women off all shapes and sizes. But what is expected verses what all levels are paid in salary is unrealistic. To retain or obtain top talent, takes top pay. Expectations are high, with little support.

Pros

Inclusive, work life balance

Cons

Salary rage at all levels is low

place to start

Fast going environment, flexible schedule. Great customers overall a good place to start with . It’s a learning experience, good discounts and very friendly co workers .

Pros

Free bras when launched new ones by company .

Cons

Standing long hours

Great and caring Manager

its a good work environment most days. The main manager is amazing. the hours can be on the lower side if your only a part time employee. fun caring environment

Pros

flexible schedule, great management

Cons

no room for growth, not many hours

Just ok

Minimum wage with no chance for raises unless you go keyholder, no matter how many years you have with the company or how successful you are at selling product and credit.. Extreme pressure to sell credit.The employee discount is really good, if that is why you want the job than it will work great.Low compensation related to how hard you are expected to work.Fun coworkers for the most part.

Pros

Employee discount, most clients are great.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lane Bryant. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.5Personal Development
3.9Career Opportunities
2.7Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight