Lane Bryant Employee Reviews

Found 1,776 reviews matching the search See all 1,779 reviews
It's not great
Retail Associate (Current Employee) –  Boynton Beach, FLJune 15, 2019
This is just a retail job. Almost no advancement, very low pay, and you have to work very hard and get paid next to nothing. Management is really nice but they pay is just not enough for you to survive. If you're just looking for a little something to do and get paid for it, then this is the job for you but this by no means is a career. The discounts are nice but it's not worth it.
Pros
Good management and discounts
Cons
Low pay, no benefits or paid time off
Terrible district manager, terrible Human Resources, company for the money
Manager (Current Employee) –  PuyallupJune 15, 2019
Terrible hours, terrible pay, terrible promotions, promotions with 50 cents or a dollar above minimum wage to be responsible for running the store and being treated like less than my dog
Pros
Discount on overpriced merchandise
Cons
Terrible pay, terrible hours
A great place to start!
SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Coconut Creek, FLJune 15, 2019
I’ve worked at Lane Bryant for a few months now and as my first retail job it has been such a wonderful experience. The management has been extremely helpful and supportive from the very beginning always encouraging their employees to meet sales and credit goals and praising them when they do. Customer service is a big deal at LB and I can honestly say all my coworkers are great people who genuinely want to help make the customers experience the best it can be every time they walk into our store.
Productive and fun work place. Convieant location.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Brandon, FLJune 15, 2019
Lane Bryant was a pretty decent place to work. I got along with all the co-workers. Location was conveieant and pay was pretty good. I would recommend working here.
It was a quick-paced seasonal retail job that chose to keep me after the season.
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vacaville, CAJune 12, 2019
Lane Bryant is located in the Vacaville Premium Outlets, which is a big hub of commercial tourism. I dealt with high volumes of customers on a weekly basis. I started out as a seasonal worker, and they kept me after the season had concluded. I gained valuable customer service skills at this job.
Productive Place
Sales Associate/Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Plainfield, INJune 12, 2019
The experience of working retail was so different from my previous job. I came familiar with the store real fast. The most enjoyable part of the job was the discounts.
It all depends on management, managers hold a team together
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJune 11, 2019
Overall I enjoyed working with Lane Bryant as a company, I liked what they stood for, for plus size women. I enjoyed working with some of my coworkers but managers hold a team together and if your manager is not a team player than how are the associates expected to be a team player?
Pros
discount
Cons
short breaks
Okay place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXJune 10, 2019
This was an okay place to work as seasonal only. The atmosphere was okay. There were some very nice ladies to work with, and there were some who were not okay. The atmosphere was so-so.
Sales Associate
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJune 8, 2019
It's a relaxed environment. You don't necessarily have to purchase clothes from LB but it does help if you are on trend which helps with stores cales and goals. The scheduling can be pretty flexible. The only thing is if you are not part of management the full time hours can be limited.
The people were good
Customer service event handling/planning (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 5, 2019
Working for Lane Bryant has been an experience, the staff are fantastic and the clientele have been some of the best I've interacted with in the past. The work is fairly fast paced, after all it is retail, and typically is busiest on the weekends. Management had its pros and cons, some being scheduling issues, others being general workplace stuff, but most of all the management staff were as a family. The most difficult part of working for Lane Bryant, in my opinion, is pleasing every customer to the extent of LB standards and what we can offer. Sometimes what the customer wants just can't be done. As often as that happened the exact opposite happened more often. My favorite thing was when a client would come in, heartbroken and seeking, and we would help her with what she needed and set her up to leave the store looking as well as feeling fabulous and happy. That had to be the absolute best part of my days working for Lane Bryant.
Pros
Making people happy, Having coworkers that are like family.
Cons
Scheduling was inconsistent most of the time, pay was low.
Advancement
Associate (Current Employee) –  Flint, MIJune 4, 2019
No room for advancement. Store manager dictates when there is a lot of work to be done. It's obvious that the managers work more hours then associates. You cannot expect 8 hours of work done in 3 to 4 hours.
Pros
Paid 30 minute lunch
Cons
No breaks store manager does not know how to say great job
Fun and fast paced.
Full time Sales Lead (Former Employee) –  Wethersfield, CTJune 4, 2019
Working with customers and assist them with building their wardrobe. Proper fit knowledge. Maintaining a floor set and brand standards.
Interacting with different women was fun. Meeting new people everyday while also having long term relationships with a loyal customer base.
Typically you work with a small staff so you get to know each other well. A strong team makes for strong sales. I really enjoyed my time working with them.
work day
Full Time Shift Lead (Former Employee) –  NevadaJune 4, 2019
Working one on one with the customers, moving stock for best placement for sales, unloading stock from box's and setting up to put on the floor. I learned the different management styles that work for retail. It was a team player culture, working with a two person team.
Pros
customers and team players
Cons
moving stock and cleaning store
Exciting place to work, you got a free bra your first day
Sales Checks, Receiving Cash (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TXJune 3, 2019
I enjoyed working for them. I really like dressing the Manacains, it made me feel proud to see a display that I design be put up in the front window for everybody to see or displayed throughout the store so only people in the store could see it.
Pros
Getting discounts off merchandise
Cons
Short breaks, long hours, constantly putting out merchandise
Lots of fun!
Key Holder/Team Leader/Manager (Former Employee) –  Muskegon, MIJune 3, 2019
Lane Bryant was a fun place to work. Definitely not a get rich quick place but nonetheless it was a fun time! You had goals to meet daily. Overall, a great place!
Pros
Customer service experience
Cons
Pay
Difficult to maintain wardrobe required
Associate (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MAMay 26, 2019
Lane Bryant is a decent place to work. I had difficulties with maintaining the dress code. You were to have at least 7 pieces to your outfit. Including jewelry, makeup, proper work attire, proper shoes etc. I was not liking the fact that you had to stand for your entire shift, I found that difficult.
Pros
Great exposure to the public
Cons
Having to purchase clothes that were required
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Citrus Heights, CAMay 24, 2019
Retail is challenging these days but I enjoy the customer interactions I have. The customers at Lane Bryant are so much nicer than at previous company. Slower paced but we can have better interactions with the customer which is nice. Able to build customer relationships. Company is more focused on building relationships than previous company.
Great company to work for.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Beaumont, TXMay 24, 2019
Overall, I have had a great experience working for this company. Great opportunities that came with the employment. Employees can learn great skills at this job.
Snack breaks
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 24, 2019
A typical day at Lane Bryant they always greet you when you walk in. walk the sales floor to see the new items they put out. Then we would have a pep in tell you about the new cells or what's on clearance or anything that we're doing for the customer today that day. The hardest part of the job is getting exact bra measurements right when we do complementary bra fittings. Working together and learn new things from other coworkers.
Pros
We have potlucks.
Cons
The store was hot.
Productive workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Williamsburg, VAMay 23, 2019
I enjoyed working here as a ptsa through school. The women I worked with were always jovial and helpful. I was never intimidated or felt less than my more experienced coworkers