Lane Community College Employee Reviews

easy going fun job.
customer service and Light stocking (Former Employee) –  Eugene, OR 97405February 28, 2019
Working at Lane community college consisted of simply informing students on any topic that needed answers while still working on my homework. I was a great and easy going place to work.
Pros
Easy going and productive.
Cons
Getting enough hours between classes.
Flexible with school schedules
Cashier and Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Eugene, ORFebruary 1, 2019
This job only pays minimum wage with no option for raises. However, the job was an easy cashier job and since it is a school environment they are very flexible with school and class schedules.
Love working here
clients and staff (Current Employee) –  Eugene, ORJanuary 10, 2019
Love working here but want to broaden my horizons a little. They are an excellent staff with great personalities. Very easy to please and work with. They understand that you are very busy with classes and finals and are willing to work with around your schedule.
A great place for work study students
Library Circulation Clerk (Former Employee) –  Eugene, ORJanuary 3, 2019
I learned a lot from working at The LCC library. The staff was very accommodating with regards to your work schedule. The library staff is very helpful to the work-study students.
Cons
No breaks
This place is a sad place to work
Teacher and Academic Advisor Transiciones Program (Former Employee) –  Eugene, ORDecember 24, 2018
The management was nepotistic, racist, and down right demoralizing. Do not work here unless you are ready to have your health go down the tube. Apply to work anywhere else on the planet.
A great place for students to work
Grill Cook (Former Employee) –  Eugene, ORDecember 6, 2018
As a student and employee of Lane Community College, I was entitled to one free class and was able to juggle both working and going to school much easier.
Pros
one free meal per day
Cons
lack of benefits, short hours, not much room for advancement
Interesting and diverse population of people to help and work with
TPA (Former Employee) –  Eugene, ORNovember 16, 2018
I enjoy staying busy, and the knowledge that what I did was important. Because of the culture at a community college, one minute I could be helping a professor for the U of O, and the next someone re-entering society after 15 years.
Pros
Time off for important life issues
Cons
At times a person can feel under appreciated by some
Not up to date with current automotive
Lane community collage, class helper (Former Employee) –  Eugene, ORNovember 12, 2018
Lack of current updates on automotive industry, lack of teachers,potentail to be discontinued do to lack of funding, class grades erased leiving students at will..
Pros
Discounts on tools and supplies
Cons
Discontinued class due to the funding.
Achieving client goals
FITNESS COACH APPRENTICE (Former Employee) –  Eugene, ORNovember 7, 2018
My typical day included a lesson plan the night before to be ready and be implemented in the next class session. Discussion in a small group setting of what was to be expected for the day and show new techniques or new articles prior to starting the program. I then discussed the goals with individuals and set out a way for them to be achieved.
Pros
One on one personal attention
Cons
Very hectic at times
Great work to do while going to school full time
Mathematics tutor (Former Employee) –  Eugene, OROctober 26, 2018
I worked as a math tutor at Lane, putting in about 15 hours per week while going to school full time. The pay was minimum wage, but it was nice to have some extra money while going to school.

The work environment while I was there was pretty relaxed. Students generally came into the math lab in greater numbers starting around 10 in the morning, and started leaving around 3. Early and late in the day we tended to have free time during which I worked on homework.

If you choose to work s a math tutor, you will encounter many math problems that you have never solved before. It is likely that your math ability will be challenged on a daily basis. You will have students who come to you with problems you've never solved before and you will have to figure out how to solve them and teach them simultaneously. That part of the job is actually pretty difficult, even if you are good at math.

You will also get a lot of students who are mad about their homework, or their teachers, and don't want to do their work. These students will try to get you to do their homework for them by asking you about every problem. And when they notice that you aren't going to do their homework for them, they will often get annoyed with you.

But most of the students are great and fun to work with.
fun
Bookstore Clerk (Former Employee) –  Eugene, OROctober 22, 2018
Enjoyed working with a team and seeing new students come in looking for their materials. Loved the way they made you feel like one big family. Also liked how we had an opinion on where to display merchandise.
I had the ability to make my own decisions most of the time.
PROGRAM MANAGER/ PROFESSOR (Former Employee) –  Lewiston, IdahoSeptember 22, 2018
Always supported the students. The hardest part was being the only full-time employee. Responsibility was tremendous. I felt so much stress at times. I did enjoy teaching and loved my students.
Pros
Relationships
Great college
Assistant teacher (Former Employee) –  Eugene, ORSeptember 22, 2018
Lane is a much smaller college than the U of O and I believe it’s much more comfortable because of this. The staff, student base, and overall feel is very friendly and conducive to growth.
Pros
Friendly
Cons
N/a
typical receptionist at LCC
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Eugene, ORSeptember 3, 2018
A typical day at that job would consider get the phones on. I would answer phones as well as incoming calls. I helped customers set up appointment's and make sure i called the patients to remind them of their upcoming appointment. I learned to work politely to all of all of the customers
Loved working here
Internal Controls Accountant/Manager (Former Employee) –  Eugene, ORSeptember 3, 2018
My supervisor and I essentially invented the Internal Controls department, as it was new with my hire. I was allowed (with input) to design the processes and output, create an risk analysis map of campus to focus my internal audit activities where they would mitigate the riskiest environments and activities, and conduct audits and examinations independently.
Pros
Great supervision/mentorship
Cons
Can't think of any
Loved all the Opportunities at LCC, and loved the culture and support
COMPUTER INSTRUCTOR (Former Employee) –  Eugene, ORAugust 9, 2018
Over time, I was invited to teach, consult and develop support documents for several different departments and I felt very much a part of that campus. I taught staff, community ed classes, workforce development classes and corporate classes. It was a great, supportive community to be a part of. I was sorry to have to leave, but moved out of the area to be closer to my children.
Pros
All the opportunities to grow, learn, be involved in a variety of ways and departments there.
Cons
Pay rate was low, and lack of benefits.for part-timers
School
ADJUNCT FACULTY (Former Employee) –  Florence, ORJuly 31, 2018
A lot of great file trips to some of Oregon's best and most interesting places great students that were interested in the subject at hand.
Good teaching stuff for a small school
Pros
Students
Cons
Time
Careers oriented only for regular staff
IT Department Front Desk (Former Employee) –  Eugene, ORJuly 17, 2018
As of 2005, a student seeking experience in the IT field would find an internship elsewhere to have greater benefit than working at the school. The resident staff were more than sufficient to maintain the facilities.
Work Study at LCC
Instructional Assistant (Current Employee) –  Eugene, ORJuly 3, 2018
Good place to work for students. Learned many skills while working there. If you're the type to get the most out of a place then do you work study in media arts.
It was a great experience to learn teaching English
TESOL Internship (Former Employee) –  Eugene, ORJune 27, 2018
This internship was for my education and to acquire my TESOL certification. I had a fantastic professor who helped me to adjust and learn many assets on how to teach.
Pros
Great hands on experience
Cons
A bit nervous when teaching in front of large class