Langham Hotel Employee Reviews

Horrible management
Bartender/Server (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAOctober 6, 2018
The people there are amazing but management looks for scapegoats to bail themselves out and find any little thing to fire people it's not worth the stress.
Excellent place to work
Housekeeping Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 8, 2018
I loved the experience of working for a five star and very elegant Hotel. This experience gave me a whole new perspective on top quality and excellence in guest satisfaction and change in my speech in terms of excellence in speech when speaking to both inner and outer guests meaning my fellow colleagues..I would very much recommend this Hotel for both an excellent guest stay and an absolute perfect place to work for sharpening people skills as well.
Pros
Free meals and employee recognition
Cons
I have nothing at this time
Warm work culture.
Guest Relations (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 19, 2018
The Langham Chicago was a great place to work. The general work culture was friendly and warm with many opportunities to advance. As an exchange employee, I felt valued.
Fast pace work environment
Server (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAMay 14, 2018
The customer is Always Right. there is no getting around that ever. There are a lot of different departments and everyone contributes to make the "experience" the best for the guests. Depends where you work the job could get heavy at times. serving in restaurants is hard at times when there are high volumes of guests. Management tends to change a lot All the time. Some guests are a pleasure to serve and they make your hard work very worth it. Their gratitude tends to make you want to be there and put more effort.
Very fast paced work environment
Senior Reservations Agent/Group Sales Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 25, 2018
I actually enjoyed the fast pace work environment at the Langham, Boston. I did not think that their was really room for advancement though. I thought the work culture was great.
Great Location and place to learn
Cook III (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, CAApril 23, 2018
Working at this place will teach you from the very basics, of your culinary career to the most stressful part of dealing with all kind of circumstances, lack of equipment , and old Facilities.

With the right mindset this is a great place to develop professionally , there is no such thing as easy job , In my opinion this place is challenging in its own way and its not necessary bad , of course there are thing that can always be better.
Pros
Full benefits and Cafeteria
Cons
Lack of equipment and old facilities
productive work experience
ENGINEER SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, CAApril 20, 2018
good experience on size property big gardens, restaurants, laundry, 4 kitchens, This company is good to get experience, good place to work, and grow up.
Over work you .
Line cook (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAMarch 7, 2018
They tend to not appreciate their workers thus the reason why many leave. Seniority plays a huge role in this company and at times gets in the way of new workers from moving up and building a career in the company.
Benefits
Cons
Rude people
Hotel Life
Guest Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAFebruary 23, 2018
Hotel life is pretty much all work... and hardly any place. If you work at a hotel, especially this one, you can kiss your personal life good bye. Benefits and pay were great. But whats good with that if you can't spend it with family. Some times you work 10 days straight. WTH!!! Management is a joke. Always looking to place the blame on somebody or on another department.
Pros
free lunch. free parking. Benefits, pay
Cons
no life, work work work, stress, stress, stress. Workers and managers gossip. Scream at employees
Cook 3
Cook 3 (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAFebruary 20, 2018
Being a cook 3 isn't really what you think it was
there was a lot more to it than just the actual cook 3
I had to prep and be on the line with no or little time
I also was at the fry station and saute especially when needed.
Compensation was great for cook 3 but with the job we did I believe promotion wise in the kitchen was just unfair.
Too many cooks in the kitchen
Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 30, 2018
The culture here is ridiculous. Human Resources acts like they own the place and bother the way everyone works. The HR Manager would walk around taking notes on employees that do not attire to their 'standards', making people feeling paranoid and on their toes at all times. Did I mention that they set ridiculous unachievable goals?

People who stood their ground and speak up would not last long. They only want sheeps working here. Everyone smiles and acts like nothing is happening because they are afraid to lose their job/benefits. It's kinda sad, really... They are way too deep in their own behind to think they would get a five star/five diamond with this kind of environment.
Terrible Management
Bartender/Server (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 13, 2018
The management is lazy and does not know how to manage. They are never around and leave all the work for the staff to handle. They are well paid to act important but not really do anything.
Pros
Good pay and benefits
nice place to work
Hostess at The Terrace Restaurant (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAJanuary 13, 2018
I learned very much working there. Costumer service is very important and taught me that you always need to give your best.
Communication, team work and respect were essential for a good performance.
Pros
free lunches, beautiful enviroment to work
Cons
no cons
My First Intership
LINE COOK (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 10, 2017
I was a line cook for the banquets and I thought it was really cool! The chefs there are so smart and talented I got to learn so much from each and every single one of them. I got hands on experience and got to learn more than food. I got to learn about history, technique and everything in between!
Balance Work & Personal Life
Temporary Income Auditor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 22, 2017
The Langham Place is a diversified work place of employees from all over the world. The work ethnic and work environment is very balanced in where you feel appreciated for a job well done. The Langham Place recognizes employees hard work. Also they contribute their time and efforts to the homeless community in NYC but employees working there.
Pros
Free Lunches
Ambiente divertido
Houseman (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CANovember 13, 2017
Siempre el ambiente fue divertido lo q mas me gusto es q te sientes valorado
Pros
Todos tus beneficios
Cons
Ninguna
Definitely Not a Permanent type job. Too stressful
Office Administrator (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, CANovember 10, 2017
Unsanitary working conditions, bad odors, rotting walls and carpet. Poor working conditions, rodents, flies sticky counters in cafeteria, Bad food, too many carbs, dirty oiled fried foods, fruits flies everywhere and loud chaotic environment made it hard to concentrate or enjoy the job.
Pros
job security
Cons
poor stressful working conditions, upper management is rude and not connected.
management
Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 7, 2017
while working for this property the guest and staff where amazing. i alwasy had a pleasant time with each of my guest. i was ranked in top 5 of room attendants. a typical day was to deep clean room for arriving and occupied guest. replenish any amenities and accomodate all guest requests. very pleasant property with historic feel. managment can definitely enchance a bit.
It is fine working at the hotel
Associate (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, CASeptember 21, 2017
Enjoy and appreciate the benefits. Can be challenging, It can be better but also things are good sometimes. I enjoy the work, but it can be challenging. Benefits are great.
friendly staff and opportunity to develop a career in hotel business
Recruiting Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, CAAugust 14, 2017
The hardest part of the job is able to complete your job in timely manner and assist employees and external candidates with inquires. The most enjoyable part of the job is able to help employees,
Pros
Free meal and free parking
Cons
bad management