Langham Hotel Employee Reviews

stressful
SPA COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 11, 2019
The work environment was good, for the most part. managers could benefit alot from listening to their staff, somewhat dictatorship in certain departments. HR could be better as well
Line Chef (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 20, 2019
no one works together chef do not care about most thing
i was one of the hardest workers
i worked one year for them and n that time .
they use my pizza dough i had to teach all my co workers
how to clean a grill right.
andihadto tell the chef what chem. to get.
i like helping people
Pros
free lunch
Cons
half hour breaks
Beautiful people home like feeling work place with massage chair at the Cafeteria.
House keeping (Current Employee) –  New York, NY 10018January 13, 2019
People working here are so nice and no one will be left alone like strangers , Even when you are new. Mostly happy people and happy guest. Everyone works in team as saying of Langham goes “ONE TEAM ONE DREAM”. We can help all the areas when ever you someone needed. It’s never divided into departments. It’s all about going above nd beyond.
Pros
Free lunch And Dinner
Cons
Lunch break and cafeteria is full of food
Wonderful Experience
Spa and Health club Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 5, 2019
I have only been at the Langham a short time ( 3 months) but it has been a wonderful experience. The company has invested a great deal in me sending me to educational courses getting me certified in related fields as well as offering CPR/AED coursed to the entire hotel. Wonderful health plan and 4% match is also greatly appreciated. greatly recommend the Langham family!
na
Public Area Attendant (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 28, 2018
day starts fast, we are assigned a specific numbers of rooms and areas to clean and we have 4 hours to finish the job. after this other job duties were assigned.
Great colleagues
Senior Reservations Agent (Current Employee) –  Boston, MADecember 11, 2018
Hotel has very standard and it not easy.
All the colleagues are friendly to each other.
The benefits are pretty good.
The hotel brand is well known in Asia but not in US Market.
Pros
Free nights stay at any hotels.
Cons
No Parking
Horrible management
Bartender/Server (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAOctober 6, 2018
The people there are amazing but management looks for scapegoats to bail themselves out and find any little thing to fire people it's not worth the stress.
Fast-paced. required working weekends and holidays
Patissier/ Pastry Cook (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CASeptember 27, 2018
good management, community, and work culture. nice compensations and benefits. lots of opportunities to advance within the company. overall a good company to work for.
Pros
good management, nice compensations and benefits, lots of opportunities to advance within the company
Cons
Fast-paced, required working weekends and holidays
Excellent place to work
Housekeeping Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 8, 2018
I loved the experience of working for a five star and very elegant Hotel. This experience gave me a whole new perspective on top quality and excellence in guest satisfaction and change in my speech in terms of excellence in speech when speaking to both inner and outer guests meaning my fellow colleagues..I would very much recommend this Hotel for both an excellent guest stay and an absolute perfect place to work for sharpening people skills as well.
Pros
Free meals and employee recognition
Cons
I have nothing at this time
Warm work culture.
Guest Relations (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 19, 2018
The Langham Chicago was a great place to work. The general work culture was friendly and warm with many opportunities to advance. As an exchange employee, I felt valued.
Fast pace work environment
Server (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAMay 14, 2018
The customer is Always Right. there is no getting around that ever. There are a lot of different departments and everyone contributes to make the "experience" the best for the guests. Depends where you work the job could get heavy at times. serving in restaurants is hard at times when there are high volumes of guests. Management tends to change a lot All the time. Some guests are a pleasure to serve and they make your hard work very worth it. Their gratitude tends to make you want to be there and put more effort.
Very fast paced work environment
Senior Reservations Agent/Group Sales Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 25, 2018
I actually enjoyed the fast pace work environment at the Langham, Boston. I did not think that their was really room for advancement though. I thought the work culture was great.
Great Location and place to learn
Cook III (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, CAApril 23, 2018
Working at this place will teach you from the very basics, of your culinary career to the most stressful part of dealing with all kind of circumstances, lack of equipment , and old Facilities.

With the right mindset this is a great place to develop professionally , there is no such thing as easy job , In my opinion this place is challenging in its own way and its not necessary bad , of course there are thing that can always be better.
Pros
Full benefits and Cafeteria
Cons
Lack of equipment and old facilities
productive work experience
ENGINEER SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, CAApril 20, 2018
good experience on size property big gardens, restaurants, laundry, 4 kitchens, This company is good to get experience, good place to work, and grow up.
Over work you .
Line cook (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAMarch 7, 2018
They tend to not appreciate their workers thus the reason why many leave. Seniority plays a huge role in this company and at times gets in the way of new workers from moving up and building a career in the company.
Benefits
Cons
Rude people
Leadership, Work Environment, High Turnover
Former Colleague (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAMarch 7, 2018
In a department which has high turnover. The leadership was extremely poor. The department head did not promote strong ethnic, shows favoritism and create intimidation environment. Doing what is right is not popular in that department. However, being hourly employee will make more than 40 hours/ week (50-60 hours/ week) due to high turnover, lack of supervision of OT and meal break penalty.
Pros
Plenty of hours
Cons
Leadership, Work Environment, High Turnover
Hotel Life
Guest Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAFebruary 23, 2018
Hotel life is pretty much all work... and hardly any place. If you work at a hotel, especially this one, you can kiss your personal life good bye. Benefits and pay were great. But whats good with that if you can't spend it with family. Some times you work 10 days straight. WTH!!! Management is a joke. Always looking to place the blame on somebody or on another department.
Pros
free lunch. free parking. Benefits, pay
Cons
no life, work work work, stress, stress, stress. Workers and managers gossip. Scream at employees
Cook 3
Cook 3 (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAFebruary 20, 2018
Being a cook 3 isn't really what you think it was
there was a lot more to it than just the actual cook 3
I had to prep and be on the line with no or little time
I also was at the fry station and saute especially when needed.
Compensation was great for cook 3 but with the job we did I believe promotion wise in the kitchen was just unfair.
Too many cooks in the kitchen
Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 30, 2018
The culture here is ridiculous. Human Resources acts like they own the place and bother the way everyone works. The HR Manager would walk around taking notes on employees that do not attire to their 'standards', making people feeling paranoid and on their toes at all times. Did I mention that they set ridiculous unachievable goals?

People who stood their ground and speak up would not last long. They only want sheeps working here. Everyone smiles and acts like nothing is happening because they are afraid to lose their job/benefits. It's kinda sad, really... They are way too deep in their own behind to think they would get a five star/five diamond with this kind of environment.
Terrible Management
Bartender/Server (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 13, 2018
The management is lazy and does not know how to manage. They are never around and leave all the work for the staff to handle. They are well paid to act important but not really do anything.
Pros
Good pay and benefits