Language Services Associates Employee Reviews

Bad company to work for. Dishonest and cheap.
Medical Vietnamese Interpreter (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaMay 18, 2018
As a contracting interpreter, I discovered the unusual methods the company has employed to ensure that it is clear to all, at least for contractors, they would care no less about our livelihoods. One clear indication of the company's unfair and poor treatment of workers is the incessant calls being dropped after making interpreters put in stand-by mode for somebody to come on the line for us to do our jobs. I guess is that either they have very poor call-routing methods or that they intentionally make us all wait until some lowest-pay-rate contractors manage to get on the line to "yank the call out of us". This practice wastes precious time of the interpreters since when after waiting for minutes and being told "Sorry, there are no calls available. Good bye," which sounds like a bad joke, also means interpreters do not get paid a penny for that call. Billing based on their versions of call records is also extremely questionable. Bad company, indeed.
Cons
questionable practice of wasting interpreters' time on stand-by mode
Interpreter (Current Employee) –  Horsham, PA 19044March 14, 2018
Great place and I enjoy working. I take calls when I can. I don't have to be worried or being late at work. Its indeed a great place to work. they will also guide you on how to take calls. there are training programs from time to time and its mandatory
professional employer in treating its employees
Certified Medical Interpreter (Current Employee) –  Horsham, PAMarch 10, 2018
great company in terms of communication with their workers.
All my assignment had clear and concise direction.
Coworkers treated me as a professional interpreter.
The employer responded quickly to any kind of inquiry I had regarding my assignments.
Good company, no work
Independent Interpreter Contractor (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 19, 2018
I've enjoyed my experience through LSA so far, granted I've only been contracting with them for about a month. I'm just frustrated at the lack of assignments- I've only been offered two since I started, which wasn't what I was told during the onboarding process. I also was under the impression the face-to-face assignments would be at hospitals and clinics, outpatient centers, etc. and not patient residences, which I was wrong about. Overall a decent place if you're not counting on it for much work. There was a lot that I expected going into this position that didn't turn out to be what I thought, and I wish they paid for travel time- that can easily turn out against your favor.
Pros
Lack of Work
Cons
Helpful, responsive team
Productive and Helpful Nation Wide
On Site Location Department (Former Employee) –  Horsham, PAJanuary 31, 2018
Language Service Associates assisted in helping break the cultural barrier between companies and their clients that could not speak clear English. Interpreters all over the United States were able help clients understand just how to help their clients.
Pros
Many different cultures through out the company combined as one
Cons
occasional IT problems
Flexible work hours and relaxed environment
English- Spanish Interpreter (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, KSJanuary 20, 2018
I simply had calls patched to my regular phone by a colleague and I would proceed to interpret.
It was very simple for someone like me and management was very flexible. I'm sure they would take me back if I asked
Pros
Work from home. No computer to collect billing info.
Cons
Probably the lowest paying company out there.
company deserves all kinds of recommendations
Interpreter and Translator (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 4, 2018
Company's management is at the highest level possible.Workplace culture is the best.The most enjoyable part is the help interpreter provides in so many various situations.
Pros
excellent managment
Cons
N/a
Great Place/ Great People
Sourcing Specialist/Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Horsham, PANovember 27, 2017
Great workplace were you are challenged to bring your best. Management fosters a great environment and provides the tools necessary for optimal results. They also invest in their employees by providing them with the necessary trainings.

The work load can be stressful but if you love working with languages and learning about other cultures you will love it.

I really enjoyed working there!
Pros
Free lunches and events/ great corporate culture/ great people/ fun place to be
Cons
Low wages
telephone translations
INDEPENDENT INTERPRETER AND TRANSLATOR (Current Employee) –  Horsham, PA 19044August 17, 2017
I take phone calls between 11pm and 2am for people that need German<>English interpretations for various companies. Sometimes the companies I interpret for are very nice and courteous, some are not.
Cons
late nights
Medical Guardian
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 5, 2017
Medical Guardian is a nice place to work. There is a real nice vibe when you walk through the doors and everyone is welcoming. For the most part the job itself is simple and very easy to learn. There is room for growth as well as good pay.
Great company - growing quickly!
Call Center Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Horsham, PAJanuary 19, 2017
I have been a call center coordinator less than a year and feel like I have found my home! All of my efforts are recognized and Am excited and how fast the company is growing! I am working hard to advance quickly and feel that there are many opportunities to grow which is great!
Pros
Friendly management team, hardworking team
Cons
Technology could use some improvement
Rewarding and fun career
Medical Interpreter (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, KSSeptember 23, 2016
I absolutely love my job as a medical interpreter for LSA. It's always rewarding to build a bridge between the English and Spanish language and help others. No appointment is ever the same so it keeps me on my toes and prepared for the unexpected. Management is always helpful and pleasant to talk to over the phone. They are all aware of what is going on and no confusion has occurred with assignments. I love that they pay for mileage traveled.
Awesome Team!
Call Center Representative (Current Employee) –  Horsham, PASeptember 14, 2016
Ever since my first day i was welcomed with smiles and people with bubbly personalities willing to help me get aquainted with the computer system and explaining how to do the job. It is one of the easiest jobs to do, and if you actually get there on time and do your job without being a whiny person looking for things to complain about--you will do fine. It is very busy during the day and the supervisors help to take calls with the team when call volume gets high-they are team players and we appreciate it! I love it here and hope to be promoted some day soon! I get excited knowing that there is room for growth!
Pros
fun personalities, nice office spaces, positive staff
Cons
a little more $ would always be nice!
payroll for contractors and phone system
OPI (Former Employee) –  homeAugust 12, 2016
Phone system is very primitive and payroll is always extremely late with paychecks for contractors even when LSA pays twice a month. LSA still doesn't offer direct deposit for contractors.
Pros
good people
Cons
old phone system to receice calls, very late payroll
Just a contract staff that works outside in the field
Face-to-Face Medical Interpreter (Current Employee) –  Virginia and MarylandJuly 6, 2016
A good side job to have for additional income using your language proficiency to help other communicate effectively.

Just a contract staff that works outside in the field

Might only be called a couple of times for assignment in a year depending on the language demands

must be flexible and available at any moment
Pros
Cons
must be flexible and available at any moment
Productive and nice place to work
Call Center Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Horsham, PAMay 28, 2016
There is always something interesting to learn everyday. Having a positive, can do attitude will allow you to grow with in.
Horrible
Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Horsham, PAJanuary 26, 2016
This is seriously the worst job I've ever had. They always are messing up call center employee pay checks. The management team is more worried about saving face than actually doing what's right for employees. They show favoritism. I've never worked with a more unprofessional, racist, rude, inconsiderate group of people. I recommend running in the other direction. I will say they give off a really great first impression and then after that they show their true colors. They wont even let you read at your desk when its dead, and if they catch your phone even out that's an automatic 2 week unpaid suspension. You have to ask to use the bathroom or take breaks at any given time to them its all about control. They treat adults like children.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
everything but what i said was a pro
Respectable Company
Translator/Interpreter (Current Employee) –  Horsham,PAOctober 17, 2015
This company is a pleasure to work for and has been very good to me continually over the years. Despite changes in management, the experience as a contractor for this company has remained consistant.
Pros
Extremely flexible ad-hoc scheduling
Cons
N/a
Great place to work.
Employee (Current Employee) –  Horsham, PAOctober 2, 2015
Working for LSA has been wonderful. The employees are extremely friendly and helpful, the company promotes from within, and there is a great work/life balance.
The environment is casual and everyone is extremely passionate about what they do. It's a great service with even better people.
I don't recommend this place!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Horsham, PADecember 20, 2014
This place is not all it seems to be! My experience here has been not very pleasant. First of all, I felt a sense of racism here. I'm not really going to get into details, but to make a long story short, I was treated differently than most of the co-workers there and I have such a beautiful yet fun personality. It took me some time to really see what was actually going on, but once I realized it, I started looking for another job ASAP! Also the pay was not that great either. The location is just too far from where I live so commuting everyday was a struggle. Very unprofessional and most of the staff was very unfriendly. Overall, I don't recommend anyone to apply or accept a position here at Language Service Associates because it's very unprofessional so my advice would be to RUN FOR YOUR LIFE!
Pros
Flexibility! That's about it!
Cons
The location, unfriendly people, racism, poor organizational structure

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Language Services Associates. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2