Language Stars Employee Reviews for Center Director

3.1Job Security & Advancement
Unprofessional & Disorganized
Center Director (Former Employee) –  Falls Church, VAFebruary 6, 2016
This is a horrible company to work for. The hiring process is long and a huge waste of time for a glorified receptionist position. You really need to know people to work here long-time. Everyone is dating someone with a better position, most people in senior management are hired through questionable methods.

I love my job because you get to see young children daily and its a loving environment, however, management is a complete mess. Teachers are lied to, the majority are on visas with the expectation of green card sponsorship but the company doesn't care about them.

It is worthless to apply because you will either be a teacher or a center director "glorified receptionist." All other positions are handled through friendships, connections, CEO's buddies, etc. There is no growth opportunities for the average Joe. Why did I do it? I needed a job to pay bills until I can find something better, which I have now. The regional director barely did any change as a center director and was immediately promoted after a few months because of connections, while many others have been around for years still get the same excuses day after day.

As far as teaching, if love teaching as a natural passion, then you will learn to see through the mess, but as far as growth opportunities, salary increases, you are NOT going to get anything beyond the starting pay. Simply because, they don't care about you, they don't appreciate anything you do, supplies are never available for you, classrooms are over sized and that is why many seasonal teachers simply just quit because the stress exceeds
  more... the motivation to get along with the corruption.

My best advice to anyone applying to be a center director, don't be fooled by the title or the worthless interviews, because at the end of the day you are a receptionist that only needs to increase sales revenue with the objective of going higher up in management, that will NEVER happen.
Pros
Working with kids
Cons
Everything else