LanguageLine Solutions

LanguageLine Solutions Employee Reviews

United States699 reviews

Found 699 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,014 reviews
llsinterpretinglanguagelinelanguageinterpretationlowinterpretremote

All automated. No real people.

Hard working entirely in your own and just having to submit "support requests" for anything you need. It's hard to contact anyone for help and I've been told raises are never given.

What is the best part of working at the company?interesting to interact people vcirtuallyWhat is the most stressful part about working at the company?when finding a person speaks in deep dialect What is the work environment and culture like at the company?remote and virtual and painful to hear stories of many people seeing help What is a typical day like for you at the company?to remain busy hearing continuous same stories

LanguageLine Solutions insights

What people like
  • Ability to learn new things
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Support from manager
  • Sense of belonging

Great job to work from home

I work for LLS for over 6 years and really enjoyed it. It is fun and rewarding job that is not super hard but the management communication is very poor. I try change my hours for 2 years due to personal issues and had never got the chance. Nobody ever talk to me or try contact me about it. I fill reports on issues you have and they either get approved or deny (in my case always deny) with no fallow up or explanation. I still recommend LLS

Pros

Helping people working from hime

Cons

No paid vacation or sick days. Impossible to change your schedule

We are professional linguist and get treated worse than minimum wage workers.

This is a good company to get started. They are willing to train you if you are bilingual. Get your 2 years and get out is my advice. It is heartbreaking to see how interpreters are spoken down to by management and how poorly they are treated. They terminate people by just blocking their access. You are required to have the interpreting skills of someone with a Masters's degree but they make it very clear that you are not valued in any way.Each year we get work surveys and the work surveys ask us how we feel about our work. Well, we are helping the community of course we love our jobs. They are not asking how we are treated when we have a question or when someone makes a small mistake. We all have a passion for interpreting but getting treated like you are five is ridiculous. I stay because I love the job but I am warning others there are better jobs. . I am hoping maybe someone high up will see this review and understand, "WE LOVE OUR JOBS" we do not love the people you have managing us. We want to work there for years but not with the people you have there.

Pros

work from home, practice for interpreter exams. scheduled breaks. training, they hire newbies

Cons

No paid time off. No raises. Treated like you are an idiot by higher ups.

December 6, 2022
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. We do utilize survey results to make LanguageLine a better place for our employees to work, as evidenced by our third year as a Great Place to Work. After doing an extensive evaluation of our pay and benefits in comparison to other employers in our business, we find that our compensation and benefits while not above average, are consistent with the industry. Please note: we regularly review industry compensation. Additionally, we have many other resources available to support you. If you would like to discuss further, please email interpretercommunications@languageline.com.

Good job with good benefits

Good job and place to grow. They offered great benefits and it was great working on a team of people who are passionate about their work. Management was a little off sometimes bit overall not bad.

December 6, 2022
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. We appreciate your feedback and are happy to hear you enjoyed your experience here. We wish you well in your future endeavors.

Horrible management

They always contradict each other. One can say yes and the other one no. If you take a bathroom break, they will deduct that from your pay. The will never take accountability for their mistakes

November 29, 2022
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. It is unfortunate you are not finding the support you need available. We have many resources including a team of managers available to support and help our interpreters grow and be successful. We schedule breaks within the Labor Law. If you would like to discuss further, please email interpretercommunications@languageline.com.

What is the best part of working at the company?working from homeWhat is the most stressful part about working at the company?sitting all dayWhat is the work environment and culture like at the company?the work environment is excellent everything that is needed to work is at your disposalWhat is a typical day like for you at the company?interpreting

November 29, 2022
Thank you for your review! We appreciate hearing about your personal experience and are happy to learn that you enjoy taking calls for us. As a “Great Place to Work” we really care about our interpreters and are continuously working on improvements to make taking calls for us even better. If you’d like to provide further feedback please email us at interpretercommunications@languageline.com.

nice

nice place to learn and work, but kinda underpaid with people at some country. Not comfortable for people have stress because of many calls. wish who work there luck

November 22, 2022
Thank you for taking time to leave a review. We are happy to hear you enjoyed taking calls for us. LanguageLine has many partner relationships in the industry, and we appreciate all of them. Your employment relationship was through one of our partners and not directly with LanguageLine. We wish you well in your future endeavors.

flexible

it is a flexible remote job. if you are bilanguage and look for a remote job with a ok salary, this job is for you. Most of the clients and LEP that I worked with are easy going. The supervisor is nice and very helpful. I was enjoying working at this company.

Pros

work from home

Cons

the salary is ok

November 15, 2022
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We appreciate your feedback and are happy to hear you enjoyed your experience here. We wish you well in your future endeavors!

nice working here

It's been great working here. Consistent and coworkers are very helpful. Great to be in this field, get to help lots of people. Highly recommended.

November 15, 2022
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We appreciate your feedback and are happy to hear you enjoyed your experience at LanguageLine. We wish you well in your future endeavors!

Good for contractors

Basically they send you assignments available in your area and you accept or not. The pay is good, they pay parking but not milage. They pay 2 hours, even if the appointment lasted a few minutes.

Pros

Flexibility, good pay, great communication.

Cons

Sometimes the assignments are far from home.

November 15, 2022
Thank you for taking the time to provide such a thoughtful review! We appreciate your feedback and are happy to hear you’re enjoying your experience here. If you have any further feedback to share please email us at interpretercommunications@languageline.com.

Busy everyday very busy non stop calls everyday

Basically you have to answer calls non stop everyday and i mean non stop if youre up for it apply but its very stressing you wont have any rest just call after call

Cons

Non stop

November 8, 2022
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. As professional interpreters, it is incumbent upon us to ensure equal language access for all LEP’s, even during a difficult call(s). We appreciate your feedback and hope you enjoyed your experience here. We wish you well in your future endeavors.

Work remote while helping others

… while honing your language skills.Training is super hands-on, so I felt more than prepared on the first day taking calls. I liked absolutely everything about this job, apart from the fact that some of our clients were… not the nicest to the person requesting the interpreter. I wished LLS would do more client-outreach training to spread more cultural awareness and promote positive interactions with everyone, but I understood that LLS doesn’t have any say in who their clients hire.I felt quite sad to learn the position was remote, but then I realized it was nice to just clock in and out without having to do all the water cooler talk since one does spend the whole shift on the phone.

Pros

Provided equipment, paid training and uniform

Cons

A lot of disgruntled people call in

Repetitive, Convenient

You’re allowed to pick out your own schedule tailored to your needs. Calls are repetitive, and patience is very much necessary. Good for someone seeking remote work, gets boring sometimes.

November 8, 2022
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. We appreciate your comments and are happy to hear that for the most part enjoyed your experience with LanguageLine. We wish you well in your future endeavors.

What is the best part of working at the company?Amazing flexibility, and understanding/responsive bosses. What is the most stressful part about working at the company?Pay is pretty low for the work done - 18/hr is not very competitive when you’re performing 90% to 95% of their requirements.What is the work environment and culture like at the company?Employees are very communicative and they have an app with direct chat to talk to your peers.What is a typical day like for you at the company?Log-in at a specific time, work and log your own hours via smartphone app (no laptop needed) and log-out. You may have to work extra paid hours if you’re locked in an extended medical or legal call. Extra hours may range from 30min to 4 hours depending on the extension of the call,

November 1, 2022

I love my work, it is well organized

You can choose a shift. The training is great!!! I was blessed. It is good for any interpreter.I learnt many new things though I have been working in this field all my life.In general, despite of all, I like this company. I think I have been working here for more than 3 years already.

Pros

organization is very good, work from home, interesting calls, good practice

Cons

small salary (they pay by hour), right now I am overworked and very tired. The flow of calls is very demanding

November 1, 2022

A good place to start off at!

So far I have been with them for 6 months and Aside from all the testing and training, which to me is an awesome thing they do on their behalf it's just a bit scary at the beginning, the work is awesome. Some days I receive more calls than others but even though it might be stressful some days it's worth it. It has helped me realize that any good company endorses self development to better the individual and the company starting with the individual. Our calls are monitored by dedicated language specialist that will try to help us with feedback if any improvement exist. The help if there for all the interpreters. I gave it a try and as a beginner Spanish Interpreter and this job is worth it. The pay is great for the area I live i also as a beginner Interpreter! To me the only downside are the rude Lep client that pop up in some of my calls.

November 1, 2022
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We appreciate hearing about your personal experience and are happy to learn that for the most part you enjoy taking calls for us. As a “Great Place to Work” we really care about our interpreters and are continuously working on improvements to make taking calls for us even better. If you have any further feedback to share please email us at interpretercommunications@languageline.com.

The pay is alright, but time is too dangerous for health for Ppl living in Asia

The pay is alright, but time is too dangerous for health for ppl living in Asia. The time shift is too rigid. If the company could assign shift change or divide the shifts to ppl, like can choose the shift and those working at night in their time would be paid more, that would make the company maintain more ppl

November 1, 2022
Thank you for taking time to leave a review. LanguageLine has many partner relationships in the industry and we appreciate all of them. Your employment relationship is through one of our partners and not directly with LanguageLine. We would encourage you to reach out to them directly and share your feedback.

Good place to work . You make your own schedule

Gréât place to work. Supportive team. Help you with any issues you may run with. They respect employees and listen to our voices. The pay is not bad. You become your own boss as a contractor

Decent job

It's a job. It's ok but not long term in my opinion. It runs on high turnover so it's a lot more demanding early on, a little more mellow later. Still, expect calls all thru the shift, except on very specific dates.

October 25, 2022

Tiring, stressful, too much time, not enough breaks.

I like feeling helpfull but everyone is rude sometimes, they don't treat you like a person, just like an automatic translator, sometimes they are the ones with bad conection and there's nothing that can be done.

October 25, 2022
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. It is unfortunate you are not finding the support you need available. We have many resources including a team of managers available to support and help our interpreters grow and be successful. If you would like to discuss further, please email interpretercommunications@languageline.com.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at LanguageLine Solutions. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.6 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.8Personal Development
3.2Career Opportunities
3.4Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight