Lansdowne Resort and Spa

Lansdowne Resort and Spa Employee Reviews in Ashburn, VA

You’re seeing reviews in Ashburn, VA based on your current location
Not your desired location?
Choose a different one
Found 3 reviews matching the search with 15 related reviews.
I voluntarily resign. To this company and I asure you Im one of the people trying to help this place be better and not a disgruntled employee.To chefs that are gonna apply beware of-Purchasing you wont ever get the best or expected product as the director will most of the time messes with the order and you will be running back and forth in store room since they dont deliver properly.-Banquet foh incompetence excluding manager he is great but most of your captains and server has been there for 10+ Years which you will assume the are good but they will always ask for any food item thats just in your warmer or right infront, and there is no poise in all the captains they are easily nervous by the tiny hiccup. -Culinary upper management they are pretty nice people And have great food knowledge executive chef and exc sous chef. Just the problem is they never try to fix internal management conflicts between supervisors or between chefs. It would be nice if they can be intermediaries instead of asking us to talk it out when its hard specially our ranks arent far from each other.Scheduling is also a mess here and feels like your a slave as the week ends on friday and you will always get the schedule that friday and can never get any pkans. The worst part is the chef de cuisine of the outlet isnt the one incharge of scheduling so the guy in the chef in the office who barely is in the outlet is doing it so there are a lot of days your short-handed like a lot.If your a cook and wanna learn to cook here I would recommend but someone who wants to move up in culinary management - more...
Pros
1$ lunch
Cons
Unbalanced workloud be prepared.
My experience with Lansdowne resort has been great. The staff is amazing as well as the work environment. Flexible hours and scheduling make it easy to balance both work and social life. The multiple outlets make it easy and exciting to take on new challenges and learn about different positions throughout the resort.
The benefits are great and everyone treats each other very friendly. Unfortunately the management is horrible. The lack of managers and supervisors in almost every department makes day to day challenges extremely difficult to deal with. The directors of each department do not appreciate their teams effort and handwork then take credit for everything.
Pros
$1 lunch buffet
Cons
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Every work experience is unique. Tell us about yours. Rate your employer.