Lantech Employee Reviews

hour long lunch
Paint Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYFebruary 26, 2018
its was a nice place to work at wash steel all night, and hung steel on a conveyor,and cleaned up the warehouse helped with place finished product in the right area
Pros
lunches
bad management
welder (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYFebruary 3, 2018
once they get what they can out of you, they start looking to replace you for a family member of upper management or someone in the click or butt kisser. watch out for the back stabbing and rats.
Pros
4 day work week
Cons
management
Air condition in break room
Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYAugust 17, 2017
If you can stand being humiliated on a daily basis, you should be ok. Management sucks. It seems they teach their team leaders to never go above and beyond. Also they they are not big on safety...
Pros
4 day work week. That changes everyday.
Cons
Pay less then desirable.
Do research before applying to Receiving Clerk/Floater position
Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJanuary 18, 2017
Heads up if you're applying for the receiving clerk/floater position. Be aware of the 20 year employee that works within this small department. This employee creates a very uncomfortable work environment and has a history with conflict with vendors that deliver product daily. Making this area literally impossible to tolerate! Bring plenty of patience if you are desperate enough to withstand a hostile work environment. Applicants definitely need to be aware before singing on the dotted line.
Cons
HR and Management allowing miserable employees to be held with no accountability, unprofessional, and rude.
interesting
Advanced Production Welder (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJanuary 17, 2017
Great opportunity to advance, but don't expect raises very quickly. The advancement policy is great, but it's not exactly what they say it is. overall though it is still a decent place to work for
great schedule
IMS Inventory Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJune 23, 2016
the four day work week is a major perk, being off on friday makes it so much easier to run errands, so that i can spend the weekend enjoying my family.
Observation
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYFebruary 26, 2016
I think its a great place to work. Any job is what you put in to it. If you don't put your all in to a job (any where) then it will never be satisfying. If you complain, then you will never find anything good about it. If you want to work for a company that really does care, and puts stability into your life, then work at Lantech. You give it your all and they will give back to you. Benefits are great, 401K exceptional and vacations are the norm. Not every company is perfect but they do try to please all. Work anywhere is hard, life is hard. Get over it and just do your best.
Pros
Stability
Amazing Work Environment
Production Associate (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYFebruary 19, 2016
Lantech has great wages and benefits. The leadership treats everyone like family. Most of the people that don't like the company have poor attendance and do terrible work. The Human Resources department is easy to talk to and genuinely care about employees.

Treatment is fair and people are held accountable when they aren't meeting standards. I would recommend this place to anyone that is looking for a career!
Pros
4 day work week
Cons
Nonw
Terrible job,
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYSeptember 27, 2014
This job is awful. The pay is terrible for what you have to do. Management is all one big happy family and will not accept you or advance you in any way. The hours are long, the people are unfriendly. Don't step one toe out of line in their production line because there are about 5 people who will rat you out, even if it's for going to the bathroom. Especially the team leader for that line. He will run to management every chance he gets. The work is very dull. It's like standing in front of a sink for 10 hours and washing the same dishes over and over and over. Another funny thing is that if you smoke, chew or use an e cig, you have to walk clear off the whole facility in order to do so. Which takes up half of your breaks in itself. If you are thinking of applying for this company, do yourself a favor, and apply somewhere else. This company is a joke and it's a shame it's owners are so prosperous for paying honest working people such low pay when they can more than afford to pay everyone at least 3 more dollars hourly and still be filthy rich and afford their yachts and ferraris. Don't apply. SAVE YOURSELF!!!!
welder
Welder/Fabricator (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYSeptember 3, 2014
never promote their black employees. their stuck in their old ways
Productive and family oriented business
Engineering Co-op (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYMay 31, 2014
Find quality issues and find solution, whether it be updating a drawing or constructing a life-cycle test.

I learned a great deal about quality control and designing for manufacturing.

The management was very involved in the work-place. While working there I was on a first name basis with all superiors.

Overall I enjoyed my experience there and became a better Engineer because of it.
Needs Management Revamping
Run Out Tech II (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYOctober 22, 2013
Poor management. All of management needs revamping and adjusted. A work place shouldn't be managed solely by who's related to who.
Pros
Hours
No comment
Team Leader Electrical Enclosure Shop (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYSeptember 12, 2013
Perform morning environmental walk around, assess and maintain current condition. Hold meeting with personnel and discuss daily tasks, roles and responsibilities as well as special activities, quality review from previous work and pep talk morale booster.

I have learned that in order for quality to be built in the process, there should be a quality check at the first step in the process before small issues snowball when documentation and issues roll down hill.

No room for advancement. No motivation to perform exceptionally due to a negative yearly review process.

I have been put into a leadership position, with no training or leadership and I have no authority. Everything has been trial by fire, wing it or figure it out. This company pays 12% less annually than the regional average

I like 3&4 day work weeks 10-12 hour days
Lantech is stable, but managed poorly
Assembly II Associate (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYAugust 30, 2013
I think there's something wrong with a company when the Human resources manager is related to more employees in the plant than anyone else. Otherwise if you can get over the lack of advancement opportunities it is a stable paycheck.
A really good people person on time
MigWelder (Current Employee) –  Louisville KYAugust 11, 2013
I do thy to be on time get along whit all my co-workers i don't cause no problem and the hardest part of my job don't get a nuff of overtime,enjoyable working Monday tru Thurday
Productive, fun working atmosphere
Administrative Assistant/Telemarketing (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYApril 4, 2013
This was my first experience at working for a large corporation and I loved it. Organization and policies were implemented so there's not a guessing game of what you can and cannot due and everyone has the same set of rules. Worked a lot on Excel spreadsheets which was very helpful.
Pros
positive working atmosphere, pay
Cons
short-term job
A great place to work
Mechanical Engineer (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYSeptember 4, 2012
Solved daily problems that occurred on the factory floor
Design custom parts for customers
Doesn't have good management, very hard to get promotions because of favortism.
Material Floater (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYApril 16, 2012
A typical day at work is easy. What I have learned from this job is data entry and the Wizard Program. I've improved my inventory and organizational skills. The management at this company isn't very good. There is a lot of favortism. My co-workers are fine. The hardest part of the job is dealing with the favortism. The most enjoyable part of the job is we have a four day, 10 hour workshifts.
Pros
4 day/ 10 hour workshift and the benefits
Cons
favortism with management, hard to get promotions and pay raises