Laramie County Community College Employee Reviews

good place to work
Lifegaurd (Former Employee) –  WYNovember 18, 2018
lccc is a great place to work, unfortunately, some of the management is strict. I would work here again but not in the same department or under the same management. they also didn't allow me to work many hours.
Worked with outstanding peers as faculty. Our ADN graduates made more as graduate nurses than the faculty with over 20 years experience each.
Nursing Facult (Former Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYSeptember 4, 2018
Loved growing new nurses and helping them understand the real nursing that occurs outside of the textbooks. Could not have had better or more supportive peers in the faculty team. It is difficult for male faculty to be successful in nursing education. Hours are in excess of 40/week to do a good job teaching 21 credits. Second job required to support a family.
Pros
Nothing like the teamwork and growing young nurses
Cons
Can't afford to teach at the collegiate level
Students are the reward
Full-time Nursing Instructor-I (Former Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYAugust 14, 2018
Working with the students is the most rewarding. Developing my skill set as an educator was aided by working at this institution. Learning from my peers and previous director has made a difference.
Pros
Schedule fits with days off for younger children at home
Cons
Low pay when compared to market value
Potential great workplace but terrible management
Writing Consultant/ Exam Lab Relief Proctor (Former Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYJuly 9, 2018
I was hired by my previous boss into a great environment. Once the management changed, the entire workplace suffered greatly. Otherwise, I would recommend with the proper management as LCCC really does care about helping every student they can as much as possible.
Pros
Relaxed and fun environment
Cons
Poor wages and benefits
productive and fun place to work
Campus Public Safety Officer Patrolled 4 (Former Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYJuly 2, 2018
was a great place to work once Director Crosby came on board, job was very fulfilling and a joy to work at. President was very personable and interacted with employees.
Pros
meal discounts
Cons
sometimes you had more calls than officers
Rewarding place to work with flexible hours!
Academic Tutor and PASS Leader (Current Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYJune 27, 2018
After attending LCCC for one semester I wasn’t planning on working there. However when I went to the job fair on campus and was hired within a few days, I soon found it to be the perfect fit for me. I work in the learning commons and around campus assisting students to help them be as successful as they can be in their challenging courses. My manager is by far the best and most caring boss I have had the opportunity to work with. She has seen my potential and passions for my work and has given me more opportunities then I could have anticipated. I was able to quickly move up in my position to a supervisor for a brand new program where I have been trusted to create trainings for new hires and carry out those trainings. I love my work environment, my co-workers are kind and passionate people who have a genuine heart for helping others. While it can be a mentally exhausting job it is by far the best one I’ve had the pleasure of having. The management is always willing to work with all the ever crazy and changing college student schedule for whatever hours you are able to commit to. I don’t plan on leaving until I graduate.
Pros
Kind and erergetic work environment, excellent and caring management, very flexible hours with class schedules, opportunity to use your skills and harness your abilities
Cons
Not adequately paid for the work asked of me
Fun place to work
Mailroom Clerk (Former Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYJune 10, 2018
Great place to work. it was a work-study for college students, Got along great with others working there. It was easy work and got to learn something new and different.
Pros
New experience
Lccc
Wyoming (Former Employee) –  WyomingJune 6, 2018
I really enjoyed working here. I learned a lot about how scholarships work and how and a nonprofit office runs. My manager was also very understnading with my school schedual and we were able to work around my other jobs as well.
Great interaction with students, toxic employment policy
Library Assistant (Former Employee) –  Laramie, WYMay 24, 2018
LCCC disregards the necessity of college libraries and continues to devalue community college education and particularly targets the LCCC-ACC library. My coworkers were wonderful people and were the reason I worked for LCCC as long as I did.
Events
Campus Activities Board (Current Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYApril 29, 2018
Our typical work day is planning cultural, diverse, and educational events for students at LCCC. We also attend events to support other leadership groups.
Pros
Lun
Pleasant Co-workers
Tutor - Mathematics (Former Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYMarch 10, 2018
A tutor would be assigned certain hours and tutoring was both by appointment and drop-in. A day at work could see tutoring several students at once or it could see not once having to help any students for a full shift.
Pros
A pleasant working community
Camp Coach
Camp Coach (Former Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYFebruary 10, 2018
i Assisted players during their camp experience,Lead drills and focused on safety. it was great working with kids, and having a Q&A section where i have to talk to them what it feels like being student athlete.
love the environment
TLC Aide (Former Employee) –  Laramie, WYJanuary 29, 2018
Amazing co-wokers and you always have what you need to do your job right. It was a delightful place.It was my second home. great help and always food
Pros
food
Cons
pay
It was good
TUTOR (Current Employee) –  cheyenneJanuary 29, 2018
it was good I liked it. It was pretty legit. It is a relaxed atmosphere with an enjoyable staff. The boss is amazing and if you are busy you still get breaks every 45 minutes.
The employees are great
Specialist, Campus Operations (Current Employee) –  Laramie, WYJanuary 25, 2018
Fun, welcoming environment. Everyone is knowledgeable and are willing to work with you. Various committees and groups to become involved in. Administration is sometimes questionable.
Great Student Job
Student Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYJanuary 16, 2018
Great place to work as a student and learn more about the school and campus life. Excellent opportunities to grow yourself and your career and to be a part of affecting and helping other people.
Pros
work with your schedule, great management, superior training oppurtunities
Cons
only available to students
As an Adjunct, it's pretty cool
Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYDecember 22, 2017
I cannot speak as to the work environment or anything else that full time people experience. I only know that as an adjunct, it's a pretty decent place to work and I enjoy it. Your mileage may vary.
Cool job with a lot of fun people
Referee (Former Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYDecember 11, 2017
I would show up and put the referee shirt. We would organize the games that were going to be played that day and then we would just start being referees for the games.
Pros
Cool people
Great Work Environment
Human Resources Administrative Support (Former Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYNovember 27, 2017
Awesome office, great work environment! Very pleasant co workers and full of positive energy day after day. Workload is very manageable and motivating.
Enjoyable Job
Lead Teacher (Current Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYNovember 26, 2017
LCCC is a good place to work. The Child Care Center is still working a lot of things out but that is normal in a child care center. It is ever changing and can be difficult.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Laramie County Community College. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4

Ratings from women

4.3InHerSight Score

3.4Personal Development

4.8Career Opportunities

4.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight