Laramie County Community College Employee Reviews

4.4
Ratings breakdown
Students are the reward
Full-time Nursing Instructor-I (Former Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYAugust 14, 2018
Working with the students is the most rewarding. Developing my skill set as an educator was aided by working at this institution. Learning from my peers and previous director has made a difference.
Pros
Schedule fits with days off for younger children at home
Cons
Low pay when compared to market value
productive and fun place to work
Campus Public Safety Officer Patrolled 4 (Former Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYJuly 2, 2018
was a great place to work once Director Crosby came on board, job was very fulfilling and a joy to work at. President was very personable and interacted with employees.
Pros
meal discounts
Cons
sometimes you had more calls than officers
Rewarding place to work with flexible hours!
Academic Tutor and PASS Leader (Current Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYJune 27, 2018
After attending LCCC for one semester I wasn’t planning on working there. However when I went to the job fair on campus and was hired within a few days, I soon found it to be the perfect fit for me. I work in the learning commons and around campus assisting students to help them be as successful as they can be in their challenging courses. My manager is by far the best and most caring boss I have had the opportunity to work with. She has seen my potential and passions for my work and has given me more opportunities then I could have anticipated. I was able to quickly move up in my position to a supervisor for a brand new program where I have been trusted to create trainings for new hires and carry out those trainings. I love my work environment, my co-workers are kind and passionate people who have a genuine heart for helping others. While it can be a mentally exhausting job it is by far the best one I’ve had the pleasure of having. The management is always willing to work with all the ever crazy and changing college student schedule for whatever hours you are able to commit to. I don’t plan on leaving until I graduate.
Pros
Kind and erergetic work environment, excellent and caring management, very flexible hours with class schedules, opportunity to use your skills and harness your abilities
Cons
Not adequately paid for the work asked of me
Fun place to work
Mailroom Clerk (Former Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYJune 10, 2018
Great place to work. it was a work-study for college students, Got along great with others working there. It was easy work and got to learn something new and different.
Pros
New experience
Events
Campus Activities Board (Current Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYApril 29, 2018
Our typical work day is planning cultural, diverse, and educational events for students at LCCC. We also attend events to support other leadership groups.
Pros
Lun
Pleasant Co-workers
Tutor - Mathematics (Former Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYMarch 10, 2018
A tutor would be assigned certain hours and tutoring was both by appointment and drop-in. A day at work could see tutoring several students at once or it could see not once having to help any students for a full shift.
Pros
A pleasant working community
love the environment
TLC Aide (Former Employee) –  Laramie, WYJanuary 29, 2018
Amazing co-wokers and you always have what you need to do your job right. It was a delightful place.It was my second home. great help and always food
Pros
food
Cons
pay
It was good
TUTOR (Current Employee) –  cheyenneJanuary 29, 2018
it was good I liked it. It was pretty legit. It is a relaxed atmosphere with an enjoyable staff. The boss is amazing and if you are busy you still get breaks every 45 minutes.
Great Student Job
Student Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYJanuary 16, 2018
Great place to work as a student and learn more about the school and campus life. Excellent opportunities to grow yourself and your career and to be a part of affecting and helping other people.
Pros
work with your schedule, great management, superior training oppurtunities
Cons
only available to students
As an Adjunct, it's pretty cool
Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYDecember 22, 2017
I cannot speak as to the work environment or anything else that full time people experience. I only know that as an adjunct, it's a pretty decent place to work and I enjoy it. Your mileage may vary.

Want to know more about Laramie County Community College?

Ask a question
Cool job with a lot of fun people
Referee (Former Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYDecember 11, 2017
I would show up and put the referee shirt. We would organize the games that were going to be played that day and then we would just start being referees for the games.
Pros
Cool people
Great Work Environment
Human Resources Administrative Support (Former Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYNovember 27, 2017
Awesome office, great work environment! Very pleasant co workers and full of positive energy day after day. Workload is very manageable and motivating.
Enjoyable Job
Lead Teacher (Current Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYNovember 26, 2017
LCCC is a good place to work. The Child Care Center is still working a lot of things out but that is normal in a child care center. It is ever changing and can be difficult.
Great staff but not enough work
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYAugust 28, 2017
I enjoyed working with the workforce staff. The situation in Cheyenne is limited with State employee budget cuts which diminishes which in turn lowers the number of employees taking seminars.
Pros
great people
Cons
not enough students to have consistent seminars
The place I got my start, and where I help others get their fresh start
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYJuly 19, 2017
Years ago, I came to LCCC to get my start, and now I am blessed to help other get their start or move themselves forward as part of the Workforce Development team!
Dependant upon the Department - It's Wonderful
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYJune 15, 2017
For the best understanding, google "Laramie County Community College News"

Depending on where you work on campus, it can be wonderful. But if you're in the wrong areas, it can be problematic. Decisions are often political and rarely based on a need to improve the community. One VP went so far as publicly stating that the school was "not student centered, but process centered."
Great faculty and staff
Biomedical research lab technician and supervisor (Former Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYMay 27, 2017
Work with NIH and InBre funded research is very exciting and fulfilling. Designing and conducting biomedical biological research for publication and application is the main focus for students.
Ideal for student workers
COMMUNITY ADVISOR/ OFFICE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYApril 17, 2017
If you are outgoing and professional it's a great place to work. This is a student position so time management is a necessity. There is no real management to be honest. It's laid back and can be fun. It's fairly simple work, answer the phone in a timely manner, be sure to answer resident questions, and keep a good attitude
Graphic Design related work
STAFF DESIGNER/ILLUSTRATOR/CREATIVE COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYFebruary 27, 2017
Graphic designers produce a varied amount of work in web and print media. The environment can be very challenging working with in-house personnel and the varies requests from the college instructors.
I work here for my supervisor
Library Assistant (Current Employee) –  Laramie, WYNovember 20, 2016
I love my job in the library but LCCC offers almost zero advancement opportunity and manipulates the schedules of employees they are already under paying, so as to avoid providing benefits.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Laramie County Community College. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

4.3InHerSight Score

3.4Personal Development

4.8Career Opportunities

4.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight